Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dates are finally tightening up a bit. Went from November 23rd - December 21st to Dec 12th-31st. Hopefully I can get it before the end of the quarter.

Attachments

• E0F3A1F3-E59A-4FBD-835A-0B72E19F9ACB.jpeg
    E0F3A1F3-E59A-4FBD-835A-0B72E19F9ACB.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 84
I ordered a Red/White Plaid back in May. My delivery date was June 20th-30th, then kept getting pushed back a month every month. It’s now showing January 15th to February 15th. How can this be right? I’ve seen people order after me and get their cars. Are they not making red ones or something?

It's the white seats...

Happy to say I just received delivery of my Plaid yesterday. Car was delivered by Tesla employee at the DFW airport parking lot since Tesla is swamped with deliveries. I was a Plaid+, ordered on Battery Day then converted to Plaid when cancelled.

Glad to say that it’s well worth the wait and Tesla has upped their game in regards to quality! Fit and finish on my Plaid is outstanding! This is an October build. No wrinkled seats, no misaligned interior trim, no issues.

Just love the white seats with the black trim and carbon fiber interior.

3CB761E8-F47A-4556-9153-06C783C68A5A.jpeg

A8BB0378-1A09-4E5C-B6BD-87293A3BC6B0.jpeg

C6B9493A-77E3-4F81-BC30-E863524DE55E.jpeg

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Configuration: MS-LR, Red, 19", black interior.

Ordered: mid-July 21 (after 1st $5k price bump)
Original EDD: Oct 21
Current EDD: Dec 21
Expectations of getting a Tesla for Christmas: moderate to high 🤞
Sounds like we ordered similar (mine is blue rather than red) at the same time. Mine is EDD of Dec 14-31 where in the country are you?

Happy to say I just received delivery of my Plaid yesterday. Car was delivered by Tesla employee at the DFW airport parking lot since Tesla is swamped with deliveries. I was a Plaid+, ordered on Battery Day then converted to Plaid when cancelled.

Glad to say that it’s well worth the wait and Tesla has upped their game in regards to quality! Fit and finish on my Plaid is outstanding! This is an October build. No wrinkled seats, no misaligned interior trim, no issues.

That's great! I surveyed about a dozen plaids in Raleigh a few months ago and the white interiors seemed to have fewer issues with wrinkles in the seats. Hopefully my car with a black interior is ok.

View attachment 729583
View attachment 729585
View attachment 729586
I’d be proud as a peacock 🦚 to have a garage that clean! Where’s all the junk hidden?

Drive your new Plaid in good health! She’s a real beauty! 🦚

Looks like the price increased again and MSLR starting at almost 100k lol :eek: Their QA missed a bug though

View attachment 729614

You are right. I missed that part.

But but but...October!!!???
View attachment 729615

There's something odd about the timeline. For me, the only thing that changes the EDD is by changing the exterior to something else and then back to white. It changes from June to October. All of the other colors show June for me.

EDIT: only white exterior and black interior (the free *sugar*) is October. White exterior with white interior for example is still June.

Last edited:
I ordered a Red/White Plaid back in May. My delivery date was June 20th-30th, then kept getting pushed back a month every month. It’s now showing January 15th to February 15th. How can this be right? I’ve seen people order after me and get their cars. Are they not making red ones or something?
I ordered red / white / CF in Jan and still haven’t received my car. My EDD is 11/15 - 11/29 so your Jan date makes sense considering there were probably a lot of similar configs ordered before May.

Just had it delivered! (By a cute girl actually)
Anyway good photos will come later it's pouring rain outside. Fit and finish look perfect, it's so nice inside, like stunning. That's my S3 on the right in selling in an hour.
So much to get used to. How can I see the camera calibration percentage for autopilot?

Attachments

• F4B15573-01DD-485D-85C4-71FC66FBF92E.jpeg
    F4B15573-01DD-485D-85C4-71FC66FBF92E.jpeg
    689.1 KB · Views: 61

View attachment 729583
View attachment 729585
View attachment 729586
BEAUTIFUL! Hope they bring back wood trim to the Plaid plus with the 4680 batteries next year. BTW, your garage floor looks suspiciously like mine?
IMG_0380.JPG

View attachment 729583
View attachment 729585
View attachment 729586
gorgeous - use in good health!