Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, I can almost bet that it wont be as low as $2k to get an accel boost on an S. I'd guess starting would be $5k min. And it wont be released until Taycan comes out with version that beats current plaid. Then BOOM. Software upgrade option pops up
And I believe the increase will most likely drop it to 2.5 seconds.

If they don't do this, I'll simply add some flame decals to get that extra speed.

I bet you get pulled back and get a VIN in a few days.
Hope you're right! But I'm actually somewhat enjoying how much my anticipation is building for this car! I sold my 2020 MS/LR in June (foolishly), and am driving a 2021 Chevy Silverado until my new MS arrives (which is not much fun day-to-day).

I do hope to get a 2022 VIN, as I likely won't keep my car longer than 2 years (maybe 3 at the outside), and the 1 model year difference does improve resale value. With how quickly the EV landscape is changing right now, I think there will be some really enticing options in 2-3 years...

Adding or removing FSD doesn't affect your pricing or production que.
Strangely, I could remove it easily on my order with a single click online, but then they didn't let me change it again. I would have thought they would have made it really easy to add back in. It's an extra $10k with no work for them...

Where are you getting delivery?

RN 11515 Kansas City delivery white / white / 19 LR EDD December 1 -29 holding for about 5 weeks

I talked to an advisor several days ago about possibly doing a 50 k plaid update but he told me to hold tight as he is fairly confident I will be getting a VIN in late November to mid December. * Sugar * or not? Anyway happy to hold onto my 50k at this point.

I probably wasn't going to upgrade....just needed a reason to call to see the secret sauce they had on their end. Mission accomplished!

BTW been waiting to use "* sugar *" in one of my post. Done 😎
You don't need to use *sugar* on your own, if you use a particular 4-letter word beginning with S, the forum will substitute it for you ;)

Ha - just watched it (again) on a flight last week! GREAT movie! My wife and I used to sing the "trouble" part of the song when it first came out.
edit - i was able to watch the clip (my firewall was blocking it) - oh was I off on that one! Doh!
meanwhile, that was also a very appropriate clip.

Last edited:
my opinion. Plaid is possibly the dumbest name ever for a sports car. Or any car.
Out of context it seems dumb, but the first performance S had "Insane" mode, which was then supplanted by a faster mode. Tesla being a nerdy boutique startup at the time called it "Ludicrous" in relation to the Spaceballs quote that everyone, even the people who have never seen the movie, now are familiar with due to these cars. I agree the joke is a bit long in the tooth now, but at least Tesla hasn't lost their sense of humor along with their customer service, amirite?

As far as the pronunciation, I did see a video with some people with Eastern European accents saying "played", but I'd forgive them for that as English has many needless exceptions and if you don't know better, that's how it looks...

I'm guessing you didn't watch the clip. :rolleyes:

And yeah, that movie is great.
I had to edit my reply. I saw the title, and my firewall blocked me - i circumvented, and was like "holy cow, was I off base on that one" - but that was a perfect clip.
not my favorite one from the show though - there are a few that are not quite suitable for this forum, even with monkey privates displayed and such...