Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got her all wrapped. Not great pics as I just got it back. Did 35% ceramic tint as well but think I will have that redone and drop it down to 18%. Maybe have the lights tinted as well next.

Attachments

• 59265B46-BD7A-49EE-9840-1C1E2A48E0DE.jpeg
    59265B46-BD7A-49EE-9840-1C1E2A48E0DE.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 3118E0A9-621E-4487-9782-E3362EB55AA2.jpeg
    3118E0A9-621E-4487-9782-E3362EB55AA2.jpeg
    619.7 KB · Views: 63
  • BF1EF05A-2B58-4831-8D41-589C52099F4E.jpeg
    BF1EF05A-2B58-4831-8D41-589C52099F4E.jpeg
    439.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 8102E1A1-78F3-41B3-8DCA-477E8DC97C76.jpeg
    8102E1A1-78F3-41B3-8DCA-477E8DC97C76.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 635A04CE-269C-4F38-ADCE-9BAF621E0DAB.jpeg
    635A04CE-269C-4F38-ADCE-9BAF621E0DAB.jpeg
    462.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 60AE2D04-A875-408C-9A9F-DBED60BDFDFA.jpeg
    60AE2D04-A875-408C-9A9F-DBED60BDFDFA.jpeg
    465.5 KB · Views: 63
You can try calling them, will save a trip.. they only told me that my vin will be assigned by 17th (seems reliable). I think yours will be delivered soon.. I am yet to receive a call to schedule delivery date/time.

I took a ride to the Glendale Arizona service and delivery center this afternoon to get any info on my car. First they told me that they see what I see .. November 22 - December 6th. I talked him into looking further and he said you are "gated" in December. He said that is when the car is to be at the delivery center. He said to expect a vin in the next week to two. I asked about the vin question of 21 or 22. He said you will definitely get a 22 since they changed over in November. When I told him I just looked at a red plaid in the lot that was open, the door label said November build and it was an MF vin. He went in the back office and asked several people the same question and all said the S, 3 and Y changed November 1.

I also got solar info from him and will follow up with an email and see if he has an answer on the red plaid and why it is a 21. There were only 3 model S's there and dozens of model Y's. A truck full of Y's pulled in as I was leaving. I remember my first road trip in October of 2014. In 6,000 miles, I saw a total of 4 Tesla's, how times have changed.

I'm not sure anyone could really answer that. I'd say since I probably have one of the higher mile refresh S's, perhaps that's just where the end up after around 10,000 miles. But we need more cars with that kind of milage to really know.

But, like I mentioned, when I plugged it in it said it was going to charge to 327. Right now it's saying 329 with 55 minutes left. It will move up again before it ends charging. I'm going to 100% on this charge.
EDIT - By the time I finished writing that, the range moved to 330.
Have you experienced any of the front end vibrations that @jebinc and a few others have in the 35-50 mph range?

Have you experienced any of the front end vibrations that @jebinc and a few others have in the 35-50 mph range?
Nope, I have not. What I do have is a suspension or body rattle in the passenger front. I can’t tell which it is, I seriously doubt something is actually loose in the front. Both struts have been replaced and the sound remains. It is infrequent though, and only on specific types of road, so I’ll probably just live with it.

I took a ride to the Glendale Arizona service and delivery center this afternoon to get any info on my car. First they told me that they see what I see .. November 22 - December 6th. I talked him into looking further and he said you are "gated" in December. He said that is when the car is to be at the delivery center. He said to expect a vin in the next week to two. I asked about the vin question of 21 or 22. He said you will definitely get a 22 since they changed over in November. When I told him I just looked at a red plaid in the lot that was open, the door label said November build and it was an MF vin. He went in the back office and asked several people the same question and all said the S, 3 and Y changed November 1.

I also got solar info from him and will follow up with an email and see if he has an answer on the red plaid and why it is a 21. There were only 3 model S's there and dozens of model Y's. A truck full of Y's pulled in as I was leaving. I remember my first road trip in October of 2014. In 6,000 miles, I saw a total of 4 Tesla's, how times have changed.
Good luck for 22, the car in this yr will save in registration fees.. for me 21 or 22 doesn't matter...I changed home delivery to delivery center once the car arrives.. eta Fri... still in transit.. they are politely forcing me to use plaid for money transfer.... for sure the scenario changed and happening rapidly.. dunno whether it is there already.. with more smart vehicles on road....vehicle to vehicle communication will help in better road safety..

Good luck for 22, the car in this yr will save in registration fees.. for me 21 or 22 doesn't matter...I changed home delivery to delivery center once the car arrives.. eta Fri... still in transit.. they are politely forcing me to use plaid for money transfer.... for sure the scenario changed and happening rapidly.. dunno whether it is there already.. with more smart vehicles on road....vehicle to vehicle communication will help in better road safety..
What color exterior and interior? Plaid or LR, I saw several S's today.

What color exterior and interior? Plaid or LR, I saw several S's today.
MSLR-Red/Black... did you see any?.. today one lady asked me (after chaging to delivery center) if i am available to take delivery today.. i was surprised.. how come it reached so quickly.. are they trying to push a rejected one to me.. upon my asking.. she never responded.. i called help line again.. second time one guy told me my car is still in transit..

Nope, I have not. What I do have is a suspension or body rattle in the passenger front. I can’t tell which it is, I seriously doubt something is actually loose in the front. Both struts have been replaced and the sound remains. It is infrequent though, and only on specific types of road, so I’ll probably just live with it.
Since I finally turned off the “Lane departure Warning” all my shimmy and rattle went away. 🤣Except of course when I look down and I’m doing 110 within the city limits. Then my heart does a flutter or AFib reaction.

Since I finally turned off the “Lane departure Warning” all my shimmy and rattle went away. 🤣Except of course when I look down and I’m doing 110 within the city limits. Then my heart does a flutter or AFib reaction.

My wife complains her Benz does the same thing when she drives it. I was not able to replicate the problem.

MSLR-Red/Black... did you see any?.. today one lady asked me (after chaging to delivery center) if i am available to take delivery today.. i was surprised.. how come it reached so quickly.. are they trying to push a rejected one to me.. upon my asking.. she never responded.. i called help line again.. second time one guy told me my car is still in transit..
There was 1 red Plaid but no LRs... the vins were 455's. Guess he was right, about transit. It is interesting, every S had the front license plate on it and all the Y's had not license plate holder. Is your pickup at Glendale? Mike Curtis is who I talked to if you need a name.

There was 1 red Plaid but no LRs... the vins were 455's. Guess he was right, about transit. It is interesting, every S had the front license plate on it and all the Y's had not license plate holder. Is your pickup at Glendale? Mike Curtis is who I talked to if you need a name.
Yes, Glendale.. as I am closer to that location as compared to Scottsdale. That front one looks sooo ugly..I already set an appointment for ppf (all front & sides) & tint next Monday. Thanks for he ref.