Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dog seat covers for the refresh S?

Also any suggestions for temporary waterproof seat covers or something to use after the gym when sweating?

Trying to accumulate all the accessories needed prior to delivery day

Have not used them for the S but have for other vehicles. Great company and great product.

Also any suggestions for temporary waterproof seat covers or something to use after the gym when sweating?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
CRAP!!! My EDD just moved back another 5 weeks! It's now showing Mar 10 - Apr 7! I ordered on 6/28, RN 1151, Black/White/19/FSD. WTF!!!

It had been holding steady at Dec 19-31 for over a month, and after seeing so many other people who had ordered around the same time as me getting VINs, when my EDD got pushed to Feb 1 - Mar 1, I figured it was just an anomaly and would quickly snap back to December.

The monkey is definitely slinging poo my way this morning... Not what I was hoping to see!

Looks like everyone gets hit at some point. My EDD is exactly the same as yours, despite placing the current order 10-8-21.

Hope I get mine before Dec, when the nose cone car warranty expires.

Interesting tidbit for those selling an old model S...Edmunds TMV estimator says my '15 is worth about what I paid for it 3 years ago, not including items added after delivery.

I like the TAN seat towels I got off Amazon. Great for when you get yourself or passenger dirty and can't change into clean clothes.

Looks like everyone gets hit at some point. My EDD is exactly the same as yours, despite placing the current order 10-8-21.

Hope I get mine before Dec, when the nose cone car warranty expires.

Interesting tidbit for those selling an old model S...Edmunds TMV estimator says my '15 is worth about what I paid for it 3 years ago, not including items added after delivery.
Yep. I know I'm certainly not the first person on this forum to see much later orders get VINs before me, so I can relate to how frustrating that has been for the people who ordered way back in late 2020 or early 2021 and still haven't gotten their cars.

If I had to guess, I'd say this delay might be related to the white interior option I chose. I see that if I order a Plaid today, I can get delivery in December for all varieties with black interiors. If I want a Plaid with a white interior, the EDD is Feb... I'm sure Tesla will prioritize Plaid deliveries ahead of LR ones (especially ones like mine that were ordered when the base price was $79k).

Seems like Tesla made a pretty sizable batch of white interior LR's here recently, but doesn't plan to make another big batch until Feb/Mar... Hope I'm wrong!

Yep. I know I'm certainly not the first person on this forum to see much later orders get VINs before me, so I can relate to how frustrating that has been for the people who ordered way back in late 2020 or early 2021 and still haven't gotten their cars.

If I had to guess, I'd say this delay might be related to the white interior option I chose. I see that if I order a Plaid today, I can get delivery in December for all varieties with black interiors. If I want a Plaid with a white interior, the EDD is Feb... I'm sure Tesla will prioritize Plaid deliveries ahead of LR ones (especially ones like mine that were ordered when the base price was $79k).

Seems like Tesla made a pretty sizable batch of white interior LR's here recently, but doesn't plan to make another big batch until Feb/Mar... Hope I'm wrong!

You can also get a plaid in Dec if you order cream. It's the other non black color.

Has anybody had any problems with paying for their car for delivery in Texas? Their instructions are, opaque.
I'm guessing that they don't want to see any money, in any form, within the state of Texas.... but they don't come right out and say it.
Which means, if its complicated now, you are going to have to have a PHD to figure it out when the cyber truck rolls out in a year or two.
I didn’t have any issues. My lender DCU sent the check to the address listed in the MVPA.