Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah who knows....... Made me wonder too tbh. Maybe there's something new, or maybe he hadn't floored it in a while.... the former is quite likely.
@auger The more I think of it, the flooring it is the ONLY thing I could think of that wouldn't be a new change. But he has to have to gotten used to the acceleration by now..... hmmm...

Reactions: GrnSqrl and impastu
@auger The more I think of it, the flooring it is the ONLY thing I could think of that wouldn't be a new change. But he has to have to gotten used to the acceleration by now..... hmmm...
That reminds me of an old Elon video when he's demoing Model S acceleration to the media.

He slams the accelerator down and nothing happens. It was in park. He realized it immediately, knocked the stalk into drive, and off he went. If you didn't know better, you would have missed it. Today, swiping the screen up would have been way more obvious.

But what a concept. A CEO that knows his product inside and out.

That reminds me of an old Elon video when he's demoing Model S acceleration to the media.

He slams the accelerator down and nothing happens. It was in park. He realized it immediately, knocked the stalk into drive, and off he went. If you didn't know better, you would have missed it. Today, swiping the screen up would have been way more obvious.

But what a concept. A CEO that knows his product inside and out.
Yeah this one! So smooth lol!

Two question about accessories for Model S:

- Is the screen in the new Model S the same size as in Model 3? I found a really nice protector but it says Model 3/Y
- Any advice on where to get mud flaps for the new Model S?

Hahah I dunno. Tbh it does seem kinda random, so maybe something's new. He's a pretty random dude though. :)

Very random. I wonder what triggered it?

Yes indeed. Very random lol. Is it just an ad to get people to buy for q4? Hmm ....

Lol, I am at 348 wh/mi, drive it like I stole it, life is to short. Best I have seen is long highway trip and that was 302 running at 80-90 mph. Las Vegas to SoCal and back.
Lol. My average has been around 270, give or take, for the last year. Got a warning that I need to replace my low voltage battery, which takes place in a couple of days by a ranger. But I noticed that my average has gone up almost 100 wh/mi to 370 or so since I got the warning. It has gotten colder here, but not THAT cold. Then it dawned on my feeble brain that the main battery pack is trying to charge my failing battery all the time, contributing massively to my wh/mi. At least that's my theory. I guess I'll see after I have the battery changed wednesday?

My delivery appointment for my S LR was 11/19 for 2 weeks. At 7pm 11/18 I received an email that there is a firmware HOLD and they are unable to deliver my car. How common is this? How long will this update take? Why can't they just roll it back or give me the software everyone else has? This is torture. I went to the lot yesterday in Raleigh, and found my car. Ready to go in a delivery space.
I picked up my car Saturday, just the day after, after annoying the tar out of the dealer. I got the car, not fully clean, but I didn't care. The acceleration is just ridiculous. I cant even imagine Plaid.

RN11394xxxx here. No VIN. Allegedly December delivery. we'll see. :[

uhhhhh WTF.

This morning my Estimated Delivery got updated from "December 03 - December 17th" to ..... "November 21 - November 25".

so like ... yesterday?! right now? during Thanksgiving week? gee woulda been nice to have some warning this was coming. I mean don't get me wrong. I'm happy to get my car. I just wish at SOME point during this 15-month process, they could have given me JUST ONE accurate estimate of when i'd need to have the money ready.

ok complaint over. trying to get excited.

CRAP!!! My EDD just moved back another 5 weeks! It's now showing Mar 10 - Apr 7! I ordered on 6/28, RN 1151, Black/White/19/FSD. WTF!!!

It had been holding steady at Dec 19-31 for over a month, and after seeing so many other people who had ordered around the same time as me getting VINs, when my EDD got pushed to Feb 1 - Mar 1, I figured it was just an anomaly and would quickly snap back to December.

The monkey is definitely slinging poo my way this morning... Not what I was hoping to see!

uhhhhh WTF.

This morning my Estimated Delivery got updated from "December 03 - December 17th" to ..... "November 21 - November 25".

so like ... yesterday?! right now? during Thanksgiving week? gee woulda been nice to have some warning this was coming. I mean don't get me wrong. I'm happy to get my car. I just wish at SOME point during this 15-month process, they could have given me JUST ONE accurate estimate of when i'd need to have the money ready.

ok complaint over. trying to get excited.

@Pezpunk Love the purple wrapped Tesla "look" of your avatar! Really makes your posts stand out from the others!

Taking my first road trip in my Plaid in a couple hours! Not terribly far (down to Fairfax county VA), but all of my previous Ses couldn't make it in one shot, and I'd have to hit one of the many SCs on the way... this time I'm looking to see if I can get straight there with no stops (bladder willing!). Should be ~260mi and about 4 hours if I don't hit too much traffic. The person's house I'm going to has Teslas as well, so there should be charging there, so I can push it and arrive with only a few lonely electrons in the tank when I arrive too, so no concerns there. The only worry is if I need to pee! Wish me luck, haha.
Followup: It was suggesting I'd arrive with -2% capacity (largely due to me doing 80-85mph most of the way, until it started to rain heavily which also increases kWh/mi). I surely could've pushed it but it suggest stopping at a gas station that had a V3 supercharger in Aberdeen, MD around 11pm. I was getting a little sleepy, and I've never had the opportunity to use a V3 SC yet, so I stopped. In the ~10mins it took me to pee and get a coffee, it added 173mi of range!! Wish I could've watched it closer, but nature was calling haha.

CRAP!!! My EDD just moved back another 5 weeks! It's now showing Mar 10 - Apr 7! I ordered on 6/28, RN 1151, Black/White/19/FSD. WTF!!!

It had been holding steady at Dec 19-31 for over a month, and after seeing so many other people who had ordered around the same time as me getting VINs, when my EDD got pushed to Feb 1 - Mar 1, I figured it was just an anomaly and would quickly snap back to December.

The monkey is definitely slinging poo my way this morning... Not what I was hoping to see!

My money is on this being related to the bug where EDD moves forward to something ridiculous (maybe now even multiple moves forward) and then snaps back with a VIN. Keep us posted (I’m in a similar boat minus the date moving forward with a RN1152).