Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my delivery scheduled for 11/27 and they called to push it to 12/2 because "the logistics team was experiencing a delay" :rolleyes: fairly frustrated
You are frustrated that the company -- that is know to have bad communication -- actually communicated ahead of time and specified that they are having delays with logistics and will need to delay your delivery by 5 days?

Am I understanding you correctly? :rolleyes:

uhhhhh WTF.

This morning my Estimated Delivery got updated from "December 03 - December 17th" to ..... "November 21 - November 25".

so like ... yesterday?! right now? during Thanksgiving week? gee woulda been nice to have some warning this was coming. I mean don't get me wrong. I'm happy to get my car. I just wish at SOME point during this 15-month process, they could have given me JUST ONE accurate estimate of when i'd need to have the money ready.

ok complaint over. trying to get excited.
Did you get assigned a VIN?

CRAP!!! My EDD just moved back another 5 weeks! It's now showing Mar 10 - Apr 7! I ordered on 6/28, RN 1151, Black/White/19/FSD. WTF!!!

It had been holding steady at Dec 19-31 for over a month, and after seeing so many other people who had ordered around the same time as me getting VINs, when my EDD got pushed to Feb 1 - Mar 1, I figured it was just an anomaly and would quickly snap back to December.

The monkey is definitely slinging poo my way this morning... Not what I was hoping to see!
Like someone else said, this may be the EDD bug, that pushes you way out right before a VIN is assigned. I hope so at least.

You are frustrated that the company -- that is know to have bad communication -- actually communicated ahead of time and specified that they are having delays with logistics and will need to delay your delivery by 5 days?

Am I understanding you correctly? :rolleyes:
I should clarify that I didn't receive any proactive communications from them: I had to reach out to schedule my delivery appt, and I reached out again to see if I needed anything for the appt since no one had yet contacted me (the SA told a DA to reach out, who called me after I called first)

HI all,
Have we heard of any Blue/White MS getting VINs yet? I figure with a 5 day build time, and then shipping, and an EDD starting December 3 for me, my baby would have to be build before now. To make 12/31 I figure my baby has to be shipped no later than about November 7 or so.
It seems a bunch of Black S' were getting their VINs.
I've been holding steady for about 6 weeks now - doesn't mean it won't shift in a bad way any time soon, but if they're not producing it, I won't get it.
I would love the factory to have on the Tesla site something like "currently starting" and then either a VIN, or "Black Series" or better, "Black Exterior Run - White Interior" etc. - might be cool.
conversely, could say, "exiting production, Black Exterior, White Interior, VIN ABC" or even skip the vin.
i have no idea the size or batches of paint, i believe white needs titanium dioxide, like toothpaste and almost everything else produced that has white in it, but otherwise, i would imagine say, 20 to 100 cars at a time are produced in a given color, then maybe a gallon is needed to clean the paint guns, and then the next color.
I also wonder how much paint is used on a car...i read online and converted, looks like 1/2 a gallon of paint per car.

Tick tock tick tock tick tock
Dude, what time is the event and what time can we expect your first impressions? You’re one of the few left from when I first joined TMC in April who has yet to take delivery , and hoping you love the car as much as the rest of us. I’m refreshing the most I have since I took delivery, waiting for your post. Lol. LFG! 😄

Dude, what time is the event and what time can we expect your first impressions? You’re one of the few left from when I first joined TMC in April who has yet to take delivery , and hoping you love the car as much as the rest of us. I’m refreshing the most I have since I took delivery, waiting for your post. Lol. LFG! 😄

Not sure officially its "3:00pm" eastern, but supposedly itll be ready an hour or two before.

If you dont hear from me tonight, its because i drove it off the side of a mountain on accident, just know that itll be with a HUGE *sugar* eating grin on my face. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

I doubt this will help fix the supply side of this equation...
"The start of production batches for international deliveries is expected to be part of why the delivery timelines are so long."

"New Model S deliveries finally started in June, and Tesla recently managed to ramp up production close to previous levels before production was halted for the refresh. But deliveries have been limited to the US and a few in Canada lately. Today, CEO Elon Musk gave the first timeline for expanding deliveries to China. He said that he is expecting Model S Plaid deliveries to start in China around March 2022:

China is arguably Tesla’s most important market right now, thanks to an incredible ramp-up at Gigafactory Shanghai, but Tesla’s Chinese factory only produces Model 3 and Model Y. The Model S is still only coming from Fremont factory in the US. Importing the vehicle in China adds significantly to the cost of the vehicle, but the price is not as big a factor for the Plaid, which is the top performance version.

Tesla enjoys a strong base of wealthy customers who like to always have the latest top version of its vehicles, and that’s now the Model S Plaid. With Tesla growing its base market in China over the last two years with Model 3 and Model Y, it will be interesting to see how big a market it opened for the Model S Plaid in the country. As we recently reported, Tesla has been pushing Model S and Model X delivery timelines to as far as 2023 in the US.
The start of production batches for international deliveries is expected to be part of why the delivery timelines are so long."

I doubt this will help fix the supply side of this equation...
"The start of production batches for international deliveries is expected to be part of why the delivery timelines are so long."

"New Model S deliveries finally started in June, and Tesla recently managed to ramp up production close to previous levels before production was halted for the refresh. But deliveries have been limited to the US and a few in Canada lately. Today, CEO Elon Musk gave the first timeline for expanding deliveries to China. He said that he is expecting Model S Plaid deliveries to start in China around March 2022:

China is arguably Tesla’s most important market right now, thanks to an incredible ramp-up at Gigafactory Shanghai, but Tesla’s Chinese factory only produces Model 3 and Model Y. The Model S is still only coming from Fremont factory in the US. Importing the vehicle in China adds significantly to the cost of the vehicle, but the price is not as big a factor for the Plaid, which is the top performance version.

Tesla enjoys a strong base of wealthy customers who like to always have the latest top version of its vehicles, and that’s now the Model S Plaid. With Tesla growing its base market in China over the last two years with Model 3 and Model Y, it will be interesting to see how big a market it opened for the Model S Plaid in the country. As we recently reported, Tesla has been pushing Model S and Model X delivery timelines to as far as 2023 in the US.
The start of production batches for international deliveries is expected to be part of why the delivery timelines are so long."
so in Elon time maybe starting Q3 we will see plaid in China?

After 7 months and 3,000 pages on this WIKI, my VIN came thru today. It’s a 2022.

Delivery this week in Costa Mesa.

Obviously, excited like everyone else and just trying to do all the steps to not cause any delays.
wow VIN and delivery this week! I was under this impression it was more like 15 days or so VIN -> delivery typically! Maybe there is still a tiny slim little chance I can get VIN and delivery before my road trip lol

After 7 months and 3,000 pages on this WIKI, my VIN came thru today. It’s a 2022.

Delivery this week in Costa Mesa.

Obviously, excited like everyone else and just trying to do all the steps to not cause any delays.
You from seattle and picking up from Cali? Congrats, and drive back safe.