Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think I am at all lol! The cars coming out of GigaShanghai are already 99.9% flawless. No QC issues. It's important to remember that all Teslas the US has experienced so far have been built at Fremont. Tesla Fremont is an adaption from the Toyota/GM NUMMI plant, and not designed by Tesla from the ground up. Shanghai was, and Texas and Berlin will be improving on what that factory is doing right now.😃
Are the Chinese people even allowed to complain (without facing death by the government)if their cars have issues? They don’t even have the real internet to complain on. 😂

Are the Chinese people even allowed to complain (without facing death by the government)if their cars have issues? They don’t even have the real internet to complain on. 😂
Maybe not them, but the Germans that are getting their cars now can, and aren't. And these are people used to high end German brands, and they can be quite picky. :)

Reactions: Pdubs and impastu
In an effort stay as completely on topics as all the other topics, I thought I’d report that I just drove an EQS 480. I have a friend over at Keyes European that I stopped to say hi to. He let me drive the EQS.

It looks better in person than in pictures, but that’s not really hard to achieve, IMHO. The details inside are excellent, as expected from MB. Very nice seats, switches, smell, etc.

One thing I didn’t expect was the sheer mass of information it presents to the driver and passenger. This car had the Hyperscreen, and that name is an utter understatement. I’m pretty techy, but I have to say it was a bit much. Maybe Id adjust if I had it for awhile, most likely that’s the case.

Getting in I jabbed the brake a couple times to try to start it. That didn’t work of course, so then I pressed the starter button. So, so lame. Really. When I got out my buddy hit the button again to turn it off. So, so lame. Why? Why have it function that way?

Driving was very nice for sure. Very quiet, smooth…just everything extremely nice. As in, they better get their own autonomous driving figured out soon because this car will coddle someone right to sleep, kind of nice.

It was a 480, so one motor. One very underpowered motor. It was too slow. My new Bronco feels faster, no exaggeration. I’m sure the 580 is fast enough, but I’m talking about my LR Y will demolish the 480 in a race.

It does make an interesting, almost but not really ICE type of sound under acceleration. It’s a pretty pleasant sound, but I’m not sure it’s doing anything really.

Overall the car was very much what I would expect from a company that doesn’t quite know what to do about the world transitioning around them. One foot in the past, one in trying to make up 10 years of lost time. Or a minimum of 3-4 years had they been paying attention.

And at the same time they’re selling every vehicle for over MSRP, validating the current ICE path. G63’s are $100k over sticker. Regular E-classes are $5k over. This masks the current reality of the sea change happening in the auto sector. These short term profits are validating the desire to take the easier, current ICE path. This will haunt them, guaranteed.

The people working there are clueless about how the automotive world is pivoting around them. They hadn’t even heard of Rivian. This does not bode well for legacy manufacturers.

Oh, and they have a white, 19”, CF, black interior Plaid for $160k. It has 65 miles. If anyone here wants it DM me and I’ll give you the name of my friend.

How’s that for a Model S delivery update? 😁

Keyes told me they would not have an EQS car until Feb! I better get over there...to look at the plaid of course

They have to be of a certain size to jump up and down on the roof of an M3 just out of reach of security. Preferably at a trade show with media filming.

Interesting memo from Elon. Says they shouldn't stress to get every last car delivered by the end of the quarter.
Significant that they don't feel they need to impress Wall St with quarterly numbers any more.
It will also save them money on expedite fees, temps, etc.
I'm happy that my car will be built and delivered with less stress.
Yup! Saw that this morning! So happy that Elon is being true to his word and is instructing Tesla employees to begin the end of the EOQ push!

Yup! Saw that this morning! So happy that Elon is being true to his word and is instructing Tesla employees to begin the end of the EOQ push!

I don’t remember his huge bonus structure, and I’m not sure if he has now vested, etc., I think last quarter his memos talked about how important the particular quarter was…(not sure if it was that important to his bonus and comp package, but I think it was).
otherwise, the EOQ rushes were kinda silly. Maybe needed for Wall Street, but I don’t know.

I don’t remember his huge bonus structure, and I’m not sure if he has now vested, etc., I think last quarter his memos talked about how important the particular quarter was…(not sure if it was that important to his bonus and comp package, but I think it was).
otherwise, the EOQ rushes were kinda silly. Maybe needed for Wall Street, but I don’t know.
Yeah his compensation plan is almost through. Not done yet though. He's likely to get another one as well; Tesla's board knows who they've got. Actually last quarter was when he told them to push hard, but to expect that to begin to let up for this quarter. It seems that is happening now! :)

Yep, there’s two there. They can’t sell them until 12/6, but they are there and I was able to drive the 480. I think the 580 is sold.
Going to drive down there in the wife's S560 and see if I can trade it, while that dino still has value...

Can't afford the divorce. Oh well, I can dream can't I?

Brain wave … slash cost of deliveries by ensuring the cars are properly finished prior to departing the factory.

Just keep seeing the end of GungHo.

iu

The EDD mystery assignment algorithm has been revealed. Take your current EDD, add 6 weeks. Then using only the first two positions of the year which is in YYYY format, subtract these first two positions. Then from that number and that number only, subtract the numeric representation for January, and then finally subtract another 21 days. You will arrive at the new and much more accurate EDD.