Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading through the recent quality issues is sad. They should be past a lot of this. The paint issues I've seen in the last 10 pages or so, embarrassing. WTF on a 100k car. Probably going to resist delivery if the EDD window actually holds up this month. Or bail on the Plaid and take a LR and try again in a year or two with the inevitable product update. Its ok if the car doesn't have the style and construction of a Taycan, but damn at least put together what you got better than this! I want the "flagship" model as Elon called it. But my MYP is put together better than all of these deliveries I'm seeing. I feel like I'm sitting on a gem, and that's silly comparing to a 100k car.

Reading through the recent quality issues is sad. They should be past a lot of this. The paint issues I've seen in the last 10 pages or so, embarrassing. WTF on a 100k car. Probably going to resist delivery if the EDD window actually holds up this month. Or bail on the Plaid and take a LR and try again in a year or two with the inevitable product update. Its ok if the car doesn't have the style and construction of a Taycan, but damn at least put together what you got better than this! I want the "flagship" model as Elon called it. But my MYP is put together better than all of these deliveries I'm seeing. I feel like I'm sitting on a gem, and that's silly comparing to a 100k car.

He also called the MS and MX "Dessert" and said they were being continued for "Sentimental reasons"

His actions indicate he cares more about Mars, than cars...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Congrats on your car. I also have a 2021 and couldn’t be happier.

Side note, my PPF installer called me right after I dropped off the car asking me if I had the car ceramic coated because of the way the water was immediately beading up and running off during the prewash. I was shocked by the question because I hadn’t done anything to the car since picking it up from Tesla with 6 miles on it.

I wonder if Tesla has a new paint process (build date 11/10) because this shop has done several Model S refreshes before my car and hadn’t seen the hydrophobic effect from factory paint.
My car was also built on the 10th ... we must have gotten the special sauce :) Love the Red too ... now my wife says we have 2 cars that look alike .. geeze

My car was also built on the 10th ... we must have gotten the special sauce :) Love the Red too ... now my wife says we have 2 cars that look alike .. geeze
My wife also has a red Model X. We both love the Tesla MC Red.

That’s her 2019 X in the background.
7CA2114E-E3DA-4498-8989-1F9AA988BB3F.jpeg

I will be pretty ticked off to put it mildly if our MS has more issues than our MY. TBH our MY was delivered with almost no issues. I poured over the car outside in the 100+ degree heat looking for issues and it was put together better than my last MB or BMW. So kudos to Tesla for that. Now I hope our MS which costs almost twice as much gets the same attention to detail.

Elon vision for the "mission" should include adequate quality control so you aren't hit with instant buyer's remorse. I hope to hell the new MS isn't a totally vision only system and they actually use radar as well. Phantom braking events are totally running an otherwise great car.

What’s up with the front suspension?
It’s screwed up at the moment. Front is lower than the back and I have a persistent error ‘suspension may not be level’. I’m scheduled for service on the Dec 17th but plan to take it in this week and force them to fix it sooner because it’s annoying.

It wouldn't be such an issue IF... you could charge to 100% all the time AND you could do it as quickly as you could with a gas/diesel vehicle.

Problem is you can't even get the 400 mile ideal rang under ideal conditions unless you are charging to 100% which isn't something you should do even remotely often unless you want to accelerate battery degradation. Again the 400 mile range is when the pack is new with NO degradation.

So take a car like our MY LR, starting with about 330 miles to start. Real world usable capacity is about 220 mile on the highway if I am charged to 80% and don't run it below 10% not even factoring in cold weather or towing.

My hope with the our MS LR on order, that I could get a realistic 300 miles on the highway at 75-80 mph with maybe using the AC and in fairly warm weather. At least for the first year or two until the pack starts to degrade.

Most people transitioning into a BEV are in for a rude awakening once they start to understand the nuances and caveats around the stated range. Battery degradation on a Ford we have at 100k miles has been close to 45%. To really get anywhere with it, we had to charge to 100% all the time and pretty much down to under 10% every day on most days. Tesla seems a better in that area but reading about how they limited charging rate on the 85 packs is a bit discouraging too.
Lots of comments here about battery degradation. Give us some numbers, please.

You’d like my muscle gun. Use it to warm up. I guess you could call it a vibrator. More of a reciprocal implement, but it has many speed settings.

I’m confused though. Vibrator made you think of me?

That’s usually what all the she’s say Bill. Not dudes.
Don't know what to think of a guy that says, "you'd like my muscle gun?" Not sure which way your screen door swings? But it's all good. I was just calling you because you missed calling me to tell me I should do a "she said thing." If you can't keep up with your job TMC might have to consider replacing you? ;);)

Last edited:
Woah guys another 4K Fremont flyover! I really hope this guy starts doing multiple ones!

This was a bit different. quality was very sharp, some real zooming in, some things i wanted to see, and missed a bunch i wanted, but hey, for the price...
of interest, he zoomed in on 1 or 2 trailers full of "things" - i thought in the past they were used tires, but they are almost shaped like dolphins, i also thought might have been shaped like headllights, so i'm wondering if those could be some sort of molds - but then you'd imagine they'd take better care of them than leaving them out.
he spent time on what looks like garbage cans, then i thought they were stacks of tires, and ultimately, they seemed to me to be spools - some had copper, some had i think black or silver - so i'm not sure if wires, or tubes, or raw materials.
the amount to be delivered is astonishing. each trailer holds about 8 cars, there were a ton of trailers (i think like 20) and that was a fraction of the lot.
it looked to me like cars were 3 wide for 3 trailers to load on almost the same row.
cars were also parked very close to each other - i'm amazed no dings.
if the cars were backed to each other, i could see passenger doors being close, as the drivers need to exit, but wow.
looked like a TON of X's getting ready to go.
the zoom by the test area (near the track) was great - it showed little bumps on the road (i guess vibration test) that I could never see clearly before.
lot of dusty cars near there as well.
I was disappointed I didn't see the overflow lot, but again, 4k, 28 minutes, and free - so I can't complain.
as before, I'm annoyed at T's lack of communication, but blown away by how many cars they can produce in light of shortages.
I guess an analogy, right or wrong, might be the pilot who doesn't tell the passengers what is going on, but navigates bad conditions or emergencies and gets the job done - which is frankly the more important part, versus perception.
just my .02