Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He also said (Years back before 2150's were a thing) for the longest possible pack life, keep mainly between 30-70% SoC, store between 50-62%.

Recent statement by Elon said no problem going to zero. There is quite a big buffer on the bottom, not much at the top. Never been below 20% myself, but I will change that if my range drops.

I have been following the above advice last two years, and moving up in my range compared to others per Teslafi.

For those taking delivery (See what I did there) that have not owned a MS before, I think no harm in keeping the pack in the 50% range, and use timed charging to get what you need for the next days use. A warm pack is slightly more efficient.

AND, I have recently increased my efficiency and range by 20%, by following large truck traffic in the right lane at a TACC setting of 5. Decreased the Tesla hate actions by other drivers as well.
My wife averages maybe...20 miles a day on her Y. I think I have hers set to charge to 75% nightly. I may lower it some. And only time I've gone below 20% was a recent highway trip and the Tesla navigation routed us to a supercharger with an estimated 5% at time of arrival at the Supercharger. We arrived at the supercharger with exactly 5%. But MAN, when supercharging from that low of a SOC? It charges FAST. We were at that SC for about 20 mins which showed us arriving back home with about 8% charge. But we ended up arriving back with about 15%. And that was averaging about 70-80mph

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Got the car… A couple of scratches, some shipping damage under the front lip and it needs a new tail light / door seals but all of the parts have been ordered. Nice to finally have the car in hand!

What a journey.

Attachments

• C771AE52-87F5-4A55-B431-00B74410F3B1.jpeg
    C771AE52-87F5-4A55-B431-00B74410F3B1.jpeg
    929.7 KB · Views: 89
  • AC94B04A-2D6A-4B04-984D-32162CBFC577.jpeg
    AC94B04A-2D6A-4B04-984D-32162CBFC577.jpeg
    804.9 KB · Views: 63
The service center cancelled my Plaid delivery today... they found a paint defect on inspection and it'll take up to 2 weeks to respray and blend the entire rear hatch and panels. Sad.

View attachment 741731
its astounding the level of QC (or lack thereof) at Fremont. Especially when you factor in that it HAS to be cheaper to have spotted and fixed this at Fremont vs now having to outsource to a third party? How much could it truly cost to hire like, 2 Full Time QC persons? Im thinking one less person developing fart sounds, and replace with a QC guy?

its astounding the level of QC (or lack thereof) at Fremont. Especially when you factor in that it HAS to be cheaper to have spotted and fixed this at Fremont vs now having to outsource to a third party? How much could it truly cost to hire like, 2 Full Time QC persons? Im thinking one less person developing fart sounds, and replace with a QC guy?

Leave the fart sounds alone...

I finally took delivery today after 10 months and three days of waiting. Meet White Lightning!

She was perfect, no quality issues at all, no panel gaps, no scratches (interior and exterior), just an amazing car. A '22 VIN NF458XXX.
As was the case with others, I am missing the cover for the cubby at the bottom of the trunk but the parcel shelf was included thankfully. I am also missing my charging adapter set but fortunately I have an HPWC at home and don't need it initially. I filed a service request for both in the app.

Got used to the yoke very quickly. I love the driver's POV in this car. The UI is very fluid, even more so than my previous Model 3. Got a SW update right away and installed 40.6. The car's FSD cameras calibrated within about 30 miles.

I like the 19" wheels better than I thought I would. They look great with the white exterior (in my opinion). I was going to powder coat them and remove the caps but now I may not do that. Still trying to decide if I want tint.

The interior is an amazing upgrade over the previous Model S IMHO. I had a 2015 S before and there is no comparison to this car.

I haven't found any real bugs yet but I have only driven 30 miles so I'll post more later including some interior pics.
It's worth the wait y'all!

Attachments

• IMG_7277.jpeg
    IMG_7277.jpeg
    434.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7276.jpeg
    IMG_7276.jpeg
    513.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7275.jpeg
    IMG_7275.jpeg
    585.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7274.jpeg
    IMG_7274.jpeg
    472.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7272.jpeg
    IMG_7272.jpeg
    488.6 KB · Views: 69
The survey came. The survey was answered.

What I wrote... Ratings are in the attachment. Wonder if anyone actually reads these.

Communication communication communication. Even if it's bad news. Communication is the key. After ordering in March, I learned that these cars weren't even in production, but should have been before end of March, then delayed till June before cars even started coming off the line. Finally a random email in September saying sorry we're delayed. Totally understand delays, it does seem new orders are getting more realistic initial delivery estimates. Tesla Advisors are unaware of issues with production, give them the tools to help. The car is fantastic (aside from the heat and A/C not working at delivery), the wait was terrible, not because of the wait, but having to tailor plans around unreliable estimates. Will I buy another Tesla, probably... Next time maybe do like you did for the Cyber truck page, let people know production is paused. Don't force hard credit checks for financing over and over again with no real delivery in sight. Almost 9 months after order, super excited it's in my garage. Local delivery team was solid. Answered any questions I had. My advisor, didn't have any answers during the wait. Hope someone actually reads these.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211207-192014.png
    Screenshot_20211207-192014.png
    324.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20211207-192040.png
    Screenshot_20211207-192040.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 81