Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have him send you a picture of the tire pressure sticker in the driver's door jamb. (It should have the production month/year printed on it.)
Why bother! This car has been beaten, and left wet with $12,000 in damage repair. It could have a May MF430 vin and have been sitting in that bastard’s lot until October, when they finished it. Bet the paint on it, whatever original paint is left, has been tanning in that Fremont lot since April.

1640318475510.png

Tough call…. I wont take it for two reasons. Only $3k for a car that had some damage (hopefully minor) and its a 2021.
+1 @Ayc5289 Decline! Decline! Decline! Wouldn't you rather wait for the NF bulids = 2022? That one sounds like one from the Fremont "B^stard lot". Go look it over but if it seems dicey in the least bit ask for $5k off and the Carfax. Else, Pass, pass---hard pass!

Quick update here. When I spoke to the Tesla rep, he mentioned the Tesla I was getting was am October build. I just checked the VIN assigned to me now and it is a MF430. Correct me if I am wrong but that is an early refresh S from back in May correct and there were problems.......so this car could be a Fremont back lot car that has been reworked 6+ months
Pass on it

I called Tesla tonight and the rep I spoke to said the car was made Oct and that VIN numbers are not sequential and that MF430 does not mean May. Not sure what to believe cuz with Tesla the story always changes :) He also made a strong push for me to take delivery in 72 hours in my driveway and pay with plaid :)
Ask them the birthday for that car. I asked about mine and they gave it to me down to the minute.

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I called Tesla tonight and the rep I spoke to said the car was made Oct and that VIN numbers are not sequential and that MF430 does not mean May. Not sure what to believe cuz with Tesla the story always changes :) He also made a strong push for me to take delivery in 72 hours in my driveway and pay with plaid :)
Well, All I can say is,
Will do. Now I am starting to think that the car "started" production in may but didn't "finish" till oct due to it being so messed up or parts shortages or all the peeps on this thread turning down the car prior. I am probably sloppy 4th or fifth at this point.
Seems so. If it were me, I'd pass. Unless they really sweeten the deal you're getting...