Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh the problems never stop….just noticed that on the drivers side my windshield isn’t flush with the dashboard, I can actually see the foam adhesive and touch it with my hand. There is a huge gap compared to the passengers side. Now that I’ve noticed this and also have had two big scratches from delivery I’m just going to ask them to take out the whole windshield and replace it. Worst part is that I have an appointment for window tint and PPF tomorrow so I’ll have to either cancel it or tell them to skip the windshield until my appointment with Tesla in mid January.

Attachments

• B35F084D-40EC-495F-8ED7-D5726D3DC0BC.jpeg
    B35F084D-40EC-495F-8ED7-D5726D3DC0BC.jpeg
    576 KB · Views: 90
  • B74F9B78-0BAB-4A54-BD6F-D75BFABD9ACF.jpeg
    B74F9B78-0BAB-4A54-BD6F-D75BFABD9ACF.jpeg
    617.6 KB · Views: 66
Ugh the problems never stop….just noticed that on the drivers side my windshield isn’t flush with the dashboard, I can actually see the foam adhesive and touch it with my hand. There is a huge gap compared to the passengers side. Now that I’ve noticed this and also have had two big scratches from delivery I’m just going to ask them to take out the whole windshield and replace it. Worst part is that I have an appointment for window tint and PPF tomorrow so I’ll have to either cancel it or tell them to skip the windshield until my appointment with Tesla in mid January.
Skip windshield...can do it later.

This application of certain sounds is what we noticed yesterday on the highway. We turned it off for the drive. My commented that maybe Tesla had the toggle switch backwards - I was going to say no but remembered it is a Tesla...
Yeah exactly. if I'm remembering correctly, you are also on a 20" square setup and have a lot of miles, right? I definitely noticed an increase in tire noise when I switched, but toggling the ANC on/off right now is a huge difference. Everyone in the car could hear it too.

From the previous video 12-23, the Model S storage lot didn't change. Same cars meaning nothing has been shipped from that lot. Delievery Lot had less cars. Something is holding up the Model S for sure.
View attachment 749334

View attachment 749335
The only thing in my opinion holding it up, is the profit margin‘s on the X versus the S. The plaids just aren’t moving.

Finally picked up my new 2022 MSLR after 10 months... only did a quick "once over" before signing and paying for it... had a 3 hour drive in a blizzard and wanted to get ahead of it before losing day light.

Initial inspection looks good... no real panel gaps and no issues with wrinkles on the seats. the only thing I noticed was a little of the liner/gasket sticking out into the panel space between the frunk and driver side fender. But it is minor and probably something I can adjust. Very faint Yoke Worm, but all else looks good. Of course tomorrow I will give it a full inspection in my garage and probably find all the issues :).

VIN = NF4638xx mid December build and it came with Conti A/S on the 19" rims. Drove 150 miles of white knuckle death grip in chill mode through all the snow and slush..but she did well.

Missing the little side cubby cover in the trunk. The other covers are there.

Last edited:
Yeah exactly. if I'm remembering correctly, you are also on a 20" square setup and have a lot of miles, right? I definitely noticed an increase in tire noise when I switched, but toggling the ANC on/off right now is a huge difference. Everyone in the car could hear it too.

Do you mind clarifying? Are you saying ANC makes a big difference on tire noise?

Do you mind clarifying? Are you saying ANC makes a big difference on tire noise?
I am saying it does, yes. But the difference is negative. As soon as the car is done calibrating, a tire-sounding droning noise becomes very noticeable. Turn it off and the noise goes away. On/off, drone/no-drone. With 3 people in the car we could all hear it very clearly.

I did notice that the setting says it’s optimized for all occupants. Obviously the car knows how many people are in it, so I’ll tinker with it more tomorrow with just me in the car to see if it produces the same results.

I forgot to change the wheel size setting as previously suggested.

I am saying it does, yes. But the difference is negative. As soon as the car is done calibrating, a tire-sounding droning noise becomes very noticeable. Turn it off and the noise goes away. On/off, drone/no-drone. With 3 people in the car we could all hear it very clearly.

I did notice that the setting says it’s optimized for all occupants. Obviously the car knows how many people are in it, so I’ll tinker with it more tomorrow with just me in the car to see if it produces the same results.

I forgot to change the wheel size setting as previously suggested.

Wait... The tire noise is worse? When it is "off" does it sound like it did before?