Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man that truck looks good. Too bad the max packs are delayed until 2023.
I agree, the truck does look good. It looked pretty cool charging in the parking garage too with the green bar lit up across the grill. It’s a sick truck for sure, but I’m a little concerned it gets swept away with the CT and then the Ford and Chevy for the masses.

I agree, the truck does look good. It looked pretty cool charging in the parking garage too with the green bar lit up across the grill. It’s a sick truck for sure, but I’m a little concerned it gets swept away with the CT and then the Ford and Chevy for the masses.
Yeah they'll have to get that cheap one out soon. However, I also think they have their own market, so it's at less of a risk. In my personal opinion, the CT will kinda sweep everyone away once people see it IRL, but there will still be people wanting the F150 and Silverado as well.

Reactions: impastu
Yeah they'll have to get that cheap one out soon. However, I also think they have their own market, so it's at less of a risk. In my personal opinion, the CT will kinda sweep everyone away once people see it IRL, but there will still be people wanting the F150 and Silverado as well.
Yeah they may not be able to scale, I’d say that’s the danger. It’s not easy to build vehicles, especially niche vehicles. But we’ll see I guess.

I think the CT may be a little bit polarizing 😂. and that won’t matter for a long time, but I do think it leaves room for Ford and Chevy.

Some people just don’t want to drive something that weird. And if someone is on the fence about electric vehicles, wrapping one in a nice, familiar package like an F150 makes a lot of sense.

F78B8304-9750-4B75-921A-CFB6038C35CF.jpeg

I don't think they need to get the cheap one out anytime soon. These adventure/max configs start at 83k and they're not available for another 2 years.

Yeah they may not be able to scale, I’d say that’s the danger. It’s not easy to build vehicles, especially niche vehicles. But we’ll see I guess.

I think the CT may be a little bit polarizing 😂. and that won’t matter for a long time, but I do think it leaves room for Ford and Chevy.

Some people just don’t want to drive something that weird. And if someone is on the fence about electric vehicles, wrapping one in a nice, familiar package like an F150 makes a lot of sense.
Agreed, but at the same time, no other truck will be able to do the things the CT will be able to do. It may actually happen that to appear "cool" also, other car makers copy this. Especially if the CT is a huge success (which it will be), I bet other car makers will be quick to follow to try make something kinda like it. Obviously no one but Tesla will be able to build it, but they will try I think to imitate the looks.

Shitshow...

Tired to wait for Model S LR ordered in Oct 2021, switched order to Plaid. Waited 3 weeks, no VIN.... my SA is slow, no responses days. Like they are selling cheap chinese cars.
Tired.
Yesterday found my Plaid in inventory near my location, just wheels 19->21, but it's acceptable ;)
Long story short - I have VIN assigned, and pickup before NY.

My appointment is setup for tomorrow 2PM!
So, basically if you found car in inventory - next day it's yours LOL
PS post #5, crafting my signature..

Agreed, but at the same time, no other truck will be able to do the things the CT will be able to do. It may actually happen that to appear "cool" also, other car makers copy this. Especially if the CT is a huge success (which it will be), I bet other car makers will be quick to follow to try make something kinda like it. Obviously no one but Tesla will be able to build it, but they will try I think to imitate the looks.
I don’t see legacy manufacturers copying it in any way. That would be saying Tesla is right and they’d rather (and some will) die before they admit that. Yeah they all admit Tesla has woken them up. But when they are presented an opportunity to change they will double down on what they’ve always done. It’s what they do.

I don’t see legacy manufacturers copying it in any way. That would be saying Tesla is right and they’d rather (and some will) die before they admit that. Yeah they all admit Tesla has woken them up. But when they are presented an opportunity to change they will double down on what they’ve always done. It’s what they do.
Agreed lol! Although I do see more crazy designs coming in future when the CT is successful, I'd have to side with you on that one.
I totally agree that their egos and slowness to respond will be the death of some of these companies for sure lol, because they're *insert car maker*, and they've making cars for 100 years, so there's no way some little pipsqueak startup can be better! Unfortunately they do not realize that pedigree means nothing when manufacturing EVs. Oh well right?

Once upon a time over the Christmas Holiday... a nice OD Rivian was quietly charging next to the local Tesla Supercharger. ;)

1640758347229.png

1640758368351.png

1640758379285.png

Last edited:
I am saying it does, yes. But the difference is negative. As soon as the car is done calibrating, a tire-sounding droning noise becomes very noticeable. Turn it off and the noise goes away. On/off, drone/no-drone. With 3 people in the car we could all hear it very clearly.

I did notice that the setting says it’s optimized for all occupants. Obviously the car knows how many people are in it, so I’ll tinker with it more tomorrow with just me in the car to see if it produces the same results.

I forgot to change the wheel size setting as previously suggested.

and @Tigers , I have the square 285/20's. The sound was a bit louder than OEM 21's but after a couple thousand miles the noise level went down. Still louder but nothing serious.

After getting ARNR on .5 and then .6 updates, it made it better but not by much, With the holiday update, I am noticing the same amplification that @uthatcher is experiencing. Toggle it off and the weird droning goes away. It has never made that type of droning before - it sounds more hollow now,

I do not think it is exclusively tuned by Tesla to a certain tire or wheel. However, that is all they have to go by to set their data points since there are so many variables. My guess is that it calibrates each start-up to pick up the current noise/tires/etc. However, not enough data to cover everything, I bet that teh next update will change this for the better, I cannot believe I am saying that I have faith in Tesla to fix something they half-baked.

Yeah @Tigers it really appears that Tesla has tuned ARNR and the sound deadening of the car to the specific OE wheels and tires, and especially the 21s. This means that any other setup may sound louder. This is the reason why some owners reported that the 21s are quieter than their new setup, or even the 19s. The 21s appear to have special foam inside them to cancel out road noise. This tire appears to be an OE spec PS4S, so that would explain it.
I have ARNR on mine now and can not tell any difference when toggling it. It seems to not have any effect at all. Also, I never saw anything that said it was calibrating. Where was that message supposed to display?

I have OE PS4S 21s but switched them to Signature SV104 wheels.

I have ARNR on mine now and can not tell any difference when toggling it. It seems to not have any effect at all. Also, I never saw anything that said it was calibrating. Where was that message supposed to display?

I have OE PS4S 21s but switched them to Signature SV104 wheels.
The calibration message is under the ARNR toggle switch. It will say calibrating for some time and then say optimized.

I believe our non-OEM tires are culprit with the sound @Hayseed_MS and I are describing.

We have the same EDD- no change on my end but I do not have a trade either. maybe it means we are close?
I got a call a couple hours later telling me that they had a car for me. Took delivery yesterday. I'll make a post of my thoughts. Overall great experience but have some panel gaps on the trunk that are a bit too much. Looking for others opinion. Unfortunately it was rainy/snowy so wasn't the best for inspection of car nor for taking advantage of the cars speed.