Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok thanks for helping me out with that. Crazy. That's very crazy. Sounds like it enabled road noise. Let us know if it gets better. Thank you.
I suspect it’s somehow related to the 20” 295 square setup I have. I am running Michelin’s like it came with, but they are not sold through Tesla and do not have the sound deadening foam in them. When I switched to those tires road noise increased slightly. That increase in noise is what the car seems to be picking up and amplifying now.

I do have the stock wheels and tires and could throw them on to see the effect. However, that’s a fair amount of work and I just rotated the wheels a couple weeks ago, making me even more lazy to swap them for the experiment.

I suspect it’s somehow related to the 20” 295 square setup I have. I am running Michelin’s like it came with, but they are not sold through Tesla and do not have the sound deadening foam in them. When I switched to those tires road noise increased slightly. That increase in noise is what the car seems to be picking up and amplifying now.

I do have the stock wheels and tires and could throw them on to see the effect. However, that’s a fair amount of work and I just rotated the wheels a couple weeks ago, making me even more lazy to swap them for the experiment.

When you say "square" what does that refer to?

You, know..the square wheel! LOL, kidding of course. A “square” setup is what the wheel guys refer to when all the wheel and tire sizes on the car are the same. As opposed to now with wider rears than fronts.

I drive quite a few miles with over 12k on the car at the moment and wanted to be able to rotate the tires to extend their life as much as possible. A square setup is the only way to do that.

Yeah @Tigers it really appears that Tesla has tuned ARNR and the sound deadening of the car to the specific OE wheels and tires, and especially the 21s. This means that any other setup may sound louder. This is the reason why some owners reported that the 21s are quieter than their new setup, or even the 19s. The 21s appear to have special foam inside them to cancel out road noise. This tire appears to be an OE spec PS4S, so that would explain it.

Best I’ve got for tonight is getting my update that made my car have a weird drone (but I don’t care because I can turn it off) and I got an EDD for my Rivian order. Second half of 2023. 😂

And I was able to snap a pic of a Rivian in the wild in Mammoth. Maybe a bit off topic, but like I said, I ain’t got much.

Attachments

• 2E4C9A73-0727-4FA2-AE78-E3214B8C8694.jpeg
    2E4C9A73-0727-4FA2-AE78-E3214B8C8694.jpeg
    464.3 KB · Views: 56
Best I’ve got for tonight is getting my update that made my car have a weird drone (but I don’t care because I can turn it off) and I got an EDD for my Rivian order. Second half of 2023. 😂

And I was able to snap a pic of a Rivian in the wild in Mammoth. Maybe a bit off topic, but like I said, I ain’t got much.
Oh great pic! You see that X Plaids have started deliveries?

Oh great pic! You see that X Plaids have started deliveries?
Yeah I did see a little bit of that. It will be interesting to see what one runs when someone gets one to a 1/4 mile track. My EDD for the X still says October. I’m not 100% convinced I really want it, but if the price goes up then I’ll probably take it. As long as I can do alright selling my S Plaid. If I can keep using Teslas for free, I’ll keep buying them. 😁

Now the CT on the other hand, that I want. The closer we get to it being released and the crazier it remains looking, the more I want it. It’s just so wacky.

Yeah I did see a little bit of that. It will be interesting to see what one runs when someone gets one to a 1/4 mile track. My EDD for the X still says October. I’m not 100% convinced I really want it, but if the price goes up then I’ll probably take it. As long as I can do alright selling my S Plaid. If I can keep using Teslas for free, I’ll keep buying them. 😁

Now the CT on the other hand, that I want. The closer we get to it being released and the crazier it remains looking, the more I want it. It’s just so wacky.
Heck yeah man!!! CT will be another level of insane lol!
Yeah I'm expecting what Tesla claims at 9.8 to 9.9, at 140+ mph.

The only thing in my opinion holding it up, is the profit margin‘s on the X versus the S. The plaids just aren’t moving.
This could very likely be it. If all those cars in the lot are Plaid then there is not much reason to ship them just to have them sit at delivery centers. There are currently 5 Plaid's in Minneapolis, which doesn't move that many AFAIK. Demand has definitely been met. Now they just need to start producing LR's, but X's may just be more profitable to produce for now.

Man that truck looks good. Too bad the max packs are delayed until 2023.