Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great that they work for you. I think the headlights in my current car are terrible in low lit or unlit areas. Even a Rav4 (at the high end) has headlights which are much better. Bright and sharp cutoff. I often have to turn on the high beams because they just don't illuminate enough.

On a dark lonely highway, that’s what high beams are for. If not then, when would you need them?

I really think they should add $2k to every car, include FSD, and be done. I don’t know the economics, but if every car was $2k more, I think that would generate more $, than $10k or $12k for what, 1 out of 5 cars or whatever?
I'm sure it is coming in 2nd quarter. Meanwhile why not make an extra $2K on the hype he created on the FSD hardships.

Wife is getting on my case about wanting the new headlights/taillights. My order CURRENTLY (we all know how stable that is) mid jan-mid feb. No VIN yet. Asked my SA said and online support person and they said End Jan/ early February. Do I put it on hold? I don’t want to reject one. Not sure what to do. Advice 🤞it’s a Blue LR cream 19” saw on latest flyover not really any blues but ??

How do you put it on hold? And do you go to the back of the line? Mine is jan15-feb13 so I think I might be on the edge from what i hear.
I rejected a delivery for quality issues then put my order on hold due to extended travel. Tesla would not let my hold run longer than 30 days. The day I came off hold I received a VIN. I was still traveling, so the SC kept the car for me for a week (usually just three days).

I rejected a delivery for quality issues then put my order on hold due to extended travel. Tesla would not let my hold run longer than 30 days. The day I came off hold I received a VIN. I was still traveling, so the SC kept the car for me for a week (usually just three days).

They kept it for a week because the other three people they offered it to rejected it. They figured if still there when you showed up...

Very interesting.
This inventory 2021 Long Range was built in March 2021!

1641944077764.png

Very interesting.
This inventory 2021 Long Range was built in March 2021!

View attachment 754736
Yes, interesting indeed.

I purchased it by accident at about 0400h as I thought it was a 2022, then I saw the VIN (and Model Year) and figured out that I REALLY shouldn't be buying cars at 0400h. Immediately opened a chat window with Tesla and they said they'd take care of it via email.

Fortunately, Tesla and I had some text traffic a few hours later and they took care of it--by switching to a 2022 order (with different specs) for delivery around mid-year (maybe?).

Who, in their right mind, would pay full 2022 MSRP for a 2021 MS that very likely sat in the Misfit Toys Lot of Broken MS's for almost ten months?!?

Answer: some poor schmuck that doesn't visit this thread. (Or someone looking at EV-TSLA.com at 0400h and not paying attention to the details.)

Yes, interesting indeed.

I purchased it by accident at about 0400h as I thought it was a 2022, then I saw the VIN (and Model Year) and figured out that I REALLY shouldn't be buying cars at 0400h. Immediately opened a chat window with Tesla and they said they'd take care of it via email.

Fortunately, Tesla and I had some text traffic a few hours later and they took care of it--by switching to a 2022 order (with different specs) for delivery around mid-year (maybe?).

Who, in their right mind, would pay full 2022 MSRP for a 2021 MS that very likely sat in the Misfit Toys Lot of Broken MS's for almost ten months?!?

Answer: some poor schmuck that doesn't visit this thread. (Or someone looking at EV-TSLA.com at 0400h and not paying attention to the details.)
I saw a local dealer selling a refreshed long range and immediately looked at the vin 435… aka bastardò