Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meh... to me it is a solution looking for a problem - I will pass. If I drove like him, I would not be able to use the yoke either. Also, if I were making money off a this product like him, I would not be able to use the yoke either.

That steering wheel looks way better than the yoke, the yoke looks so cheap imo

Sounds “within spec.” 😂😂
You basically have to forcefully pull the lever to open it and then it won't close. It just tries to latch then opens back up. The SA agreed it was an issue and offered either mobile service appt in 2 weeks or extra night there to fix it before formally taking delivery. I chose the latter. I don't want a passenger accidentally breaking the door handle by trying to open the door! So I pick it up today.

You basically have to forcefully pull the lever to open it and then it won't close. It just tries to latch then opens back up. The SA agreed it was an issue and offered either mobile service appt in 2 weeks or extra night there to fix it before formally taking delivery. I chose the latter. I don't want a passenger accidentally breaking the door handle by trying to open the door! So I pick it up today.
Be sure to check for clearance at the top of rear tire sidewall and the wire harness for shock absorber system. just slide your hand along the sidewall. Harness was not routed correctly for some cars resulting in the sidewall rubbing through wires..

Don't think I saw anyone post this yet, apologies if someone did and I missed it!
Munro Plaid Review
not to get political. previously we had Trump Orange. I now present, "Munro Red"
1643304017542.png

WTF?
meanwhile, I feel like I saw him do an S tear down before, or maybe it was a different model. Still incredible to hear about the designs and manufacturing.
I loved a comparison with I think the 3 and the Mustang, where basically Tesla did most everything efficiently, and the Mach-e had a lot of sort of "afterthought" design.

I have an appointment to bring my car in, but truthfully, i may cancel. the issues are more nit picky than anything else.
I"m most annoyed that i have trouble with the app - it doesn't always talk to my car, i have to hard close and reopen, etc. - and the handles aren't presenting when they should. might be the app. might be something else.
But I will stay, in my opinion the build quality was great.
I've written before, I was afraid I'd pull up to the SC to inspect my car, close the door, and it would fall apart. (seriously, I expected some panel gaps and weather stripping issues). Nope.
Either the quality control has improved, or the build has gotten better overall (tighter tolerances on machines, production, whatever) - I think they did a super job.
Me too. I spent 2+ hours inspecting, scheduled an appt. for a list of cosmetic issues but the next day, I couldn't really see half of them and my PPF/ceramic guy said they were fine so when Tesla cancelled my appointment (I still don't know why), it was good because it saved me the trouble of canceling myself.

Now that I've had the car for 4 months, I don't worry as much that something will fall off or not work when I go anywhere. The car's been great (knock on wood) except that Spotify doesn't work half the time. I know Tesla has QC issues but I think I got lucky too because I've had more problems with new MBs and an Infiniti I owned before (not to mention the huge interior panel gaps and misalignments from a Ford I loved and lived with a long time ago because even though I saw it, I didn't know interior fit and finish was a thing to complain about or fix until I got older/ that car was more a tool than something fun to enjoy).

Good luck getting your cars everyone and good luck on the QC (make em fast, just not too fast).

Update on my end. Model S Plaid. Ordered on January 8th. Most recent EDD was March 10-31st. Today they gave me a VIN and updated it to EDD January 30th-Feb 05th. As exciting as this is for me, I decided to unmatch the car and have them mark me as ineligible. I'm going to try to drag it a few months and see if I can scoop the new headlights or other updates (fingers cross). Worst case I'll have it for Summer instead of Spring, best case I'll also get some new tech in the Plaid.

Lurker since April. First time poster. Scheduled delivery today at noon. Got call at 10:30am that all NA Deliveries are postponed for firmware update. No idea when it will be done. Haven’t seen this “cool” thing happen to anyone else so thought I would share. Pretty awesome stuff.
haven't heard anything about a new firmware hopefully that will enable the Matrix Led lights and the horn :) 😁😁

Update on my end. Model S Plaid. Ordered on January 8th. Most recent EDD was March 10-31st. Today they gave me a VIN and updated it to EDD January 30th-Feb 05th. As exciting as this is for me, I decided to unmatch the car and have them mark me as ineligible. I'm going to try to drag it a few months and see if I can scoop the new headlights or other updates (fingers cross). Worst case I'll have it for Summer instead of Spring, best case I'll also get some new tech in the Plaid.
my last tesla i picked up in Dec 2019 and in Jan 2020 they introduced more range and faster charging battery :) with Tesla the best approach is convince your self you didn't need the new functionality any way :)

January 8 of 2022? GTFO.

Lurker since April. First time poster. Scheduled delivery today at noon. Got call at 10:30am that all NA Deliveries are postponed for firmware update. No idea when it will be done. Haven’t seen this “cool” thing happen to anyone else so thought I would share. Pretty awesome stuff.
Gets better. Was promised a call or text to tell me when to come in today or ? I’ve heard nothing. Go on app and I am rescheduled in next hour for delivery. Do I just go to SC? No one answering phone there? So annoying.

my last tesla i picked up in Dec 2019 and in Jan 2020 they introduced more range and faster charging battery :) with Tesla the best approach is convince your self you didn't need the new functionality any way :)

Agreed. There will always be somethin newer and bigger just next month. Life is to short to not be enjoying the car now.

Im still amazed (but then again, note really) at the call yesterday. Gotta give it to Elon, when he doubles down, he doubles down. (L4 will happen before end of 2022 AND FSD will exceed capablities
That steering wheel looks way better than the yoke, the yoke looks so cheap imo
Yep. And the main selling point of the yoke was "it doesnt block the instrument cluster like the round wheel does." Which gave the impression that the cluster had somehow moved position on the refresh, since literally NO ONE complained about the steering wheel blocking the cluster before.

So now we get to see a round wheel installed in a refresh and the wheel is in no way..blocking..the cluster. And at low tight turns/speeds, it works better than the yoke. So now Im really trying to understand where is the benefit of the yoke, in a car with no variable steering? Or is the "benefit" that its simply different?

• Love
Reactions: Bill Price and AMPd
Im still amazed (but then again, note really) at the call yesterday. Gotta give it to Elon, when he doubles down, he doubles down. (L4 will happen before end of 2022 AND FSD will exceed capablities

Yep. And the main selling point of the yoke was "it doesnt block the instrument cluster like the round wheel does." Which gave the impression that the cluster had somehow moved position on the refresh, since literally NO ONE complained about the steering wheel blocking the cluster before.

So now we get to see a round wheel installed in a refresh and the wheel is in no way..blocking..the cluster. And at low tight turns/speeds, it works better than the yoke. So now Im really trying to understand where is the benefit of the yoke, in a car with no variable steering? Or is the "benefit" that its simply different?
Beg to differ on a steering wheel blocking the instrument cluster. I've been through around 15 cars in my life and I can't remember a single one where I could clearly see the whole instrument cluster when the seat and steering wheel were adjusted to my height, arm, and leg length. That includes my current 2016.5 MS. The first time I sat behind the yoke in the new MS and glanced down at the center cluster, I could see the whole damn thing! I get that not everyone has my body dimensions, but I bet quite a few people find the top of a regular steering wheel to be in the way.

The jury is still out on the tiny buttons and lack of stalks, but I think I'm really going to like the yoke itself.