Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So some thoughts on what to do with my Model 3 since it's a slow news day:

My Car - 2018 Model 3 RWD (very early VIN), 19" wheels, 47k miles, PPF fully wrapped, FSD

Tesla Trade-In Offer - $42,300
Carvana Offer - $34,875
GivemetheVIN Offer - $38,000
Carmax - Wants to see it before they'll offer.

Seems like the best thing is to just do the trade in rather than try to sell the car myself (VA doesn't have a tax advantage from trading a car in, unfortunately). Looking at the various boards, you see people asking upwards of $48-50k for similar vehicles, but I don't suspect they're really going for more than $45 at best.

What would y'all do?
I traded my 6/19 model 3 in for $52,400 last August.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Is this the long range or the plaid? What was your EDD window and when did you order?!
Long range. EDD window bounced all over the place (August -> September-> December ->January). The Feb dates locked in and shrank. Started out as the whole month, then shrank to 14 days, then shrank to 4. When it shrank to 4 my VIN popped up. Original order was in July of last year.

My Car - 2018 Model 3 RWD (very early VIN), 19" wheels, 47k miles, PPF fully wrapped, FSD

Carvana Offer - $34,875

Seems like the best thing is to just do the trade in rather than try to sell the car myself (VA doesn't have a tax advantage from trading a car in, unfortunately). Looking at the various boards, you see people asking upwards of $48-50k for similar vehicles, but I don't suspect they're really going for more than $45 at best.

What would y'all do?
I sold mine to Carmax. They gave me the best price for my 3. Tesla offered $44k, Cavana initially was $47k then a few weeks later at $44k. Carmax gave me $49k so I took that. $42k with 47k miles isn't bad at all but check to see what Carmax will you....

Carvana Offer - $34,875

What would y'all do?
Id def get the carmax offer first. If it isnt better than the others..

I found KBB to be spot on, market value wise, when I sold my 2017 S privately. And there was notable difference between KBB's trade in vs private party.
But in the case of your car, that Tesla trade in value is only about $2k less than market value.

If you want easiest/zero hassle? Trade in.
If you want to get about $2 - $3k more? I'd sell myself. I had great success with selling mine on ebay last summer. But I also had a serious offer locally via CL that came too late after I had committed to the ebay guy. The local CL guy even offered me a few $ more in cash to cancel the ebay win, but I had to decline.

Carvana Offer - $34,875

What would y'all do?
I would get a price from CarBuyerUSA.com too. I used them when I sold my 21 Raven and they significantly beat the others on your list. The sale itself was painless as well.

Vroom offered me the most for my 2018 M3LR (also an early vin from March), 30k miles, FSD at $43k in January.

Vroom has a nightmare pickup process though. They contract out to random drivers through RunBuggy which means your pickup experience can vary highly. My driver delayed 3 times to the next day an hour before pickup.

Carvana's pickup process was smooth and on point.

I probably wouldn't go with Vroom unless there was a $3k price delta at a minimum.

Appreciate not enforcing a ban, and apologies for missing this rule.
However, where is this stated? Not trying to be difficult, I would have never posted / requested had I known.

I am new and did read all of the sticky threads under the Model S category as well as many in other areas. I looked for rules under the new member introductions, this is where I have seen them on other forums but did not see any there. I also reviewed the terms of service / rules here:

Nowhere did I see this rule, (maybe it falls under the solicitation rules in the terms of service?)...
If there are more rules somewhere else, please let me know, happy to review them.

Appreciate the patience with a newb.
I didn't know or see this either. I will no longer offer DCU referral links. I apologize.

Any long-term reservation holders still on this thread, from MS orders waaay back in 2020?

I'm looking for more detailed info on Tesla's "We are sorry we're so many months late with your new Model S, but here's $2k for your patience" program.

We waited a full 13 months for our December 2020 Model S order, which just arrived at the end of January. Bummer for us: in late-December, our SA, who had verbally confirmed we'd get that $2k discount, left Tesla.

His replacement has never heard of it, and would like more details . . . this while the search function here at TMC is nearly impossible to use to find any of the many posts I've read about it. Ugh!

If anyone has any personal stories of how they got their $2k refund, or can help me find some of the posts about it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi,

I just picked up my new S! My order was originally pre-refresh that I converted to the new model almost immediately after the announcement last February. The price went up $10K but they said they would give us a $2000 discount on the new model (ie now it's 8k) more expensive.

Well today they told me the offer expired 12/31/2021! I never changed my configuration, i never refused deliver, i never had a chance to buy one. This is the kind of stuff that doesn't surprise me about tesla 2022 vintage. Of course some of the people who have been working with me are trying to see if they can find a path to resolution.

The car is pretty great! Needs the front hood to be adjusted, the rear hatch needs a small adjustment, and a rocker panel is not quite in the right place. I have service scheduled in the future to address it.

Anyone have odds on whether they will honor their offer??

Hi,

I just picked up my new S! My order was originally pre-refresh that I converted to the new model almost immediately after the announcement last February. The price went up $10K but they said they would give us a $2000 discount on the new model (ie now it's 8k) more expensive.

Well today they told me the offer expired 12/31/2021! I never changed my configuration, i never refused deliver, i never had a chance to buy one. This is the kind of stuff that doesn't surprise me about tesla 2022 vintage. Of course some of the people who have been working with me are trying to see if they can find a path to resolution.

The car is pretty great! Needs the front hood to be adjusted, the rear hatch needs a small adjustment, and a rocker panel is not quite in the right place. I have service scheduled in the future to address it.

They'll honor it if you keep escalating. Unless you declined a prior delivery, I don't know how the offer could have "expired"!

Hi,

What does the MVPA say? Hopefully, you saved a copy....

posting in this thread as it’s the most active;
I’ve had my model s refresh for about a week and everytime I turn at low speed my dashboard creeks and squeaks like crazy.
Has anyone else experienced this on their refresh? If so, can you Share what you did to resolve it. Trying to see if someone I can address before my service appointment 3 weeks away… it’s driving me nuts.

Just had a strange gremlin occur. Got in car and single chime started and continued for no apparent reason. Like the chime for when seatbelts are not buckled. It continued while I drove for a few minutes. No warning messages or lights , nothing indicated in App. When we finally pulled over to park, I rebooted via two scroll wheels and chime stopped. I’m running 2022.4. Any thoughts?
I have had this twice. Must be a bug

posting in this thread as it’s the most active;
I’ve had my model s refresh for about a week and everytime I turn at low speed my dashboard creeks and squeaks like crazy.
Has anyone else experienced this on their refresh? If so, can you Share what you did to resolve it. Trying to see if someone I can address before my service appointment 3 weeks away… it’s driving me nuts.
No, but mine vibrates the filings from my teeth - especially around 43 mph and 58 mph….