Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
my 2.5 week old baby has now been in the shop for a week. still no diagnosis. i think they're backed up and haven't even looked at it yet. I tried to make some noise calling the shop, and then using the chat function - basically, no love.
Does anyone have a phone number to call? The best i was able to yank out of chat was the fremont number - which is basically the same "welcome to tesla" number I have from local calls, etc.
this really rankles.
1,083 miles on the car.
Held hostage at the service center.
I waited over 8 months for this. ugh.
okay, end of rant. any help appreciated! (btw, chat said they'd escalate a response from the service center, I should hear back in 24-48 hours - and i said, "that's escalated?"
I'm skirting near the lemon law area, but i dont want my money back.
i did suggest they just give me a similar new plaid, transfer my personal stuff from this clunker, transfer my financing, and we just move on, but they didn't jump at that. oh well, i tried, but really don't want to lose the range difference :)

Hi all,
my 2.5 week old baby has now been in the shop for a week. still no diagnosis. i think they're backed up and haven't even looked at it yet. I tried to make some noise calling the shop, and then using the chat function - basically, no love.
Does anyone have a phone number to call? The best i was able to yank out of chat was the fremont number - which is basically the same "welcome to tesla" number I have from local calls, etc.
this really rankles.
1,083 miles on the car.
okay, end of rant. any help appreciated! (btw, chat said they'd escalate a response from the service center, I should hear back in 24-48 hours - and i said, "that's escalated?"
i did suggest they just give me a similar new plaid, transfer my personal stuff from this clunker, transfer my financing, and we just move on, but they didn't jump at that. oh well, i tried, but really don't want to lose the range difference :)

Yikes. What's wrong with it?

Hi all,
this really rankles.
1,083 miles on the car.
Ugh...I've been gone from this room for a while. What happened? Sorry to hear of the troubles. Suggest you transfer thread over to the refresh issues room.

What do we have to do to opt out of arbitration? Write a letter shortly after delivery? I assume it varies by state.

Sorry for your troubles @IamGaryGnu. I hope you get your car back soon.
Check your MVOA - order. Instructions on there. Which says you have to send a letter 30 days after signing the order agreement. Not seeing anything on the MVPA - agreement. Which would mean most have likely already missed their window.

What do we have to do to opt out of arbitration? Write a letter shortly after delivery? I assume it varies by state.

Sorry for your troubles @IamGaryGnu. I hope you get your car back soon.
You may opt out of arbitration within 30 days after signing this Agreement by sending a letter to: Tesla, Inc.; P.O. Box 15430; Fremont, CA 94539-7970, stating your name, product, and intent to opt out of the arbitration provision. If you do not opt out, this agreement to arbitrate overrides any different arbitration agreement between us, including any arbitration agreement in a lease or finance contract.

You may opt out of arbitration within 30 days after signing this Agreement by sending a letter to: Tesla, Inc.; P.O. Box 15430; Fremont, CA 94539-7970, stating your name, product, and intent to opt out of the arbitration provision. If you do not opt out, this agreement to arbitrate overrides any different arbitration agreement between us, including any arbitration agreement in a lease or finance contract.
I've seen this mentioned a few times, and I read the provision in my contract (which I signed 2 days ago). What is the advantage of opting out? From what I can tell it just allows me to actually take them to court over issues, rather than abide by arbitration. Am I reading that right?

I also wonder if it's even really applicable in Canada... We don't rely on our courts to settle disputes nearly as much as you guys do :)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi all,
this really rankles.
1,083 miles on the car.
Man im sorry to hear this. I hope it gets worked out for you and quickly. Im excited to get my car (delivery scheduled next Monday!!) but apprehensive about even owning a Tesla again given how they treat customers. I hope at some point they start to face consequences for this & are forced to improve.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Where can we find the thread of the pics?

Post #30

Can we get back to the topic of the ugly-ass new tail-lights. The rumor that the black bar will be there for Plaid only makes sense as a differentiator, but it makes the LR S really look bad IMHO.
If LR owner wants it black, I don't think it will be that hard to do or just buy the part once it is available? I don't mind the body color...

Also, if you add a spoiler, then I think between the black trim on bottom and spoiler, there should be enough visual interest without another black bar in the middle.

If LR owner wants it black, I don't think it will be that hard to do or just buy the part once it is available? I don't mind the body color...

Also, if you add a spoiler, then I think between the black trim on bottom and spoiler, there should be enough visual interest without another black bar in the middle.

Even if it's not offered on the Plaid, they make them in body color. Black is one of the body colors available. Just buy the black bar and install it, should be very cheap, it's a piece of plastic.