Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wormholes or a-holes? šŸ˜. Sorry, I couldnā€™t not.
Worm hole, or TMC ***hole?! šŸ¤£?

Hey, a holes a hole to this a-hole. (Meaning me).

Isn't there a method to honk the horn by covering the right side of the yoke with your hand? that seems almost as easy as pressing in the center airbag area, still not perfect, but better than trying to press the small horn button while you're driving.
Indeed there is. For me personally, I find the action cumbersome. And when first introduced it was usually accompanied with turning on the windshield wipers. :rolleyes:
I believe they actually removed that feature.

Iā€™ve heard that but itā€™s such an odd feature I havenā€™t actually tested it lately. It was definitely there in the past.
Agreed, it was. But much like you, when I recently tried it I always engaged the wiper blades. And then saw somewhere on here (I believe or Reddit) that they removed the feature. My guess is they removed it when they removed the "light" and "hard" press functionality.

I'm doing a #Elontime here myself lol @uthatcher! Probably too late to talk amr?
127ECCD8-1AC3-4AAE-AA4A-2499CB90F055.gif

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Plaid, correct? I am a MS LR, ordered in March for delivery to. Camarillo and I am still waiting!
Hey Bruce,

Iā€™ll be picking up at Camarillo too. EDD is 2/25-3/25 and am finalizing loan paperwork with DCU. Doing it now as itā€™s a soft credit pull having just funded our MYP a month ago. Loan needs to close within 45 days. So fingers crossed!

We picked up the Y in Camarillo and it went smooth as silk. Hoping same for the S.

Hey Bruce,

Iā€™ll be picking up at Camarillo too. EDD is 2/25-3/25 and am finalizing loan paperwork with DCU. Doing it now as itā€™s a soft credit pull having just funded our MYP a month ago. Loan needs to close within 45 days. So fingers crossed!

We picked up the Y in Camarillo and it went smooth as silk. Hoping same for the S.
What a wide delivery date range to be so close to delivery. Do you have a VIN assigned?

funny, it took me about 2 weeks to get used to the yoke - not the yoke per se - that was super simple, but the damned blinkers. As a result, and i'm not kidding, i avoided lane changes for the first week. and for the first 2 weeks, i found myself glancing at the left of the yoke to see where the signals were.
I tried to train myself to get the feel of them, and that little bar between, and for a few times, i did it without looking! (just the wrong direction). sigh.
Now i've been without the car for a while, so eventually i'll have to train again. if i ever get my baby back!!!!
I've been following your struggles so sorry for what you're going through. I can appreciate the frustration for sure. Definitely in that lemon law territory I'd think....

I agree 100% on the horn and blind spot monitoring (my son's Honda is better in this regard). With respect to the doors, how hard do you slam it? The reason I ask is that it took me about a week to get used to using noticeably more force than closing the doors for any other car to close the doors on the Tesla (not slamming but a firm close). Also, about 90% of the time someone new gets in the car, I patiently go back after they get out to close the door more firmly because they didn't use enough force themselves.

Do Tesla doors just require a bit more force to close or is this an issue?
I'm not sure that I have a good answer for this. I have no issues closing the drivers side or the rear passenger door when putting my son in...

My only reference point on the front passenger is that I've had 4 people in the car and every one of them has not properly closed it on the first try. My wife has been in it multiple times and she hasn't become accustomed to the force required to close it.

I've never had a car that had a consistent issue with door closing, so I'm pretty sure something is off.

My Model S delivery was yesterday. It wasnā€™t missing any pieces in the trunk, and looked good overall. The thing that I noticed was the door panel gaps in the back seat didnā€™t match. The passenger side was wider. The car was also missing the Monroney label. The delivery person asked when I wanted to schedule a service appointment for the door and I replied that I didnā€™t want one. I didnā€™t feel like scheduling a new car for service. I passed on it. I will see what happens with my account. Iā€™m content with my MY and really donā€™t need a new car. I guess Iā€™m getting old. :confused: The MY is easier to live with and has a comfortable back seat. Itā€™s just not a sexy sedan. Iā€™ll probably be kicked out of the Peacock Club.
Am I the a@@hole?

Attachments

• C83BE5C8-F0ED-4BC2-AB66-6FD5EA6B2F2A.jpeg
    C83BE5C8-F0ED-4BC2-AB66-6FD5EA6B2F2A.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 71