Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you all think Tesla is going to do with a customer reject? They just move it on to the next customer. And I doubt the reason it was rejected gets moved up the chain. It is not like there is a graveyard of rejects that Tesla is hoarding.

The only way I see QA issues changing is actually through service. Get enough vehicles in for the same, routine issue and you have a potential better chance of making an impact. But the only way a car ends up in service is by accepting and then scheduling service.

Certain issues can’t be fixed and Tesla Service can be bad. I took my brand new MYP in to get some items adjusted. The door was not closing properly and an HVAC issue. They adjusted the door to close properly but now it is misaligned. Then they charged me to fix the HVAC issue even though it clearly was a defect/warranty issue.

Certain issues can’t be fixed and Tesla Service can be bad. I took my brand new MYP in to get some items adjusted. The door was not closing properly and an HVAC issue. They adjusted the door to close properly but now it is misaligned. Then they charged me to fix the HVAC issue even though it clearly was a defect/warranty issue.
They charged you on a HVAC issue? Are you over 50,000 miles? I can't think of one reason why you would be charged with any HVAC issue short of jamming something in the fan or some other physical type of damage to the system.

I think the logistic/delivery folks at Tesla are the least technologically advanced part of the company. I believe Tesla employs some of the smartest computer scientists around. They obviously do not work in logistics but if Tesla could just spare an afternoon to lend some of these engineers to logistics, I'm sure they could come up with a world class delivery system. I'd think it very easy to design code for delivery that wows. Either that or Tesla maintains a sh*t list of customers to deliberately frustrate. And you, sir, are on it.

Seems about right!

They charged you on a HVAC issue? Are you over 50,000 miles? I can't think of one reason why you would be charged with any HVAC issue short of jamming something in the fan or some other physical type of damage to the system.
Yep. MYP had less than 4k miles only 6 months old.

Just thinking about that service issue makes me want to buy a Taycan. Ugh.

Are you sure there are no asymmetrical door gaps?

It’s like seeing a person with a big zit or a wart on their face. Once seen, you cannot unsee it.
Surely you can relate?

The delivery guy didn’t offer to run it back to service. He asked if I wanted to schedule a service appointment. The dealership is 90 minutes from my home.

Maybe after many months of waiting, and reading about all the shite on TMC, @Ormond had a change of heart and would prefer his $100k+ over the likelihood of owning a car that will develop many issues, including the vibration and other known pervasive issues.
I did think of you and others with trouble. My Model Y has been great and I’m happy with it. I know someone else will love the MS. It’s a sexy beast. I think if the delivery guy had been a bit more helpful, I would have taken it.

On our Y we had an early HVAC issue, they fixed it in a couple days and the car has been perfect since, 16,000 miles later. It really is a great vehicle and sometimes makes me wonder why I insist on the S and all this fancy crap.
Right. I could have been gushing about my MYP instead of bitching about this vibrating Plaid! In hindsight, I should have just purchased the MYP and did something else with the $160,000+ spent on this Plaid. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a cool car, but…

Fresh video from Fermont. Parking with Model S is almost empty right now.
Wow those cars have been sitting awhile. Now the explosion of vin assignments makes sense.

Attachments

• D66FC75C-F030-48D8-8A49-773EC206BBF7.jpeg
    D66FC75C-F030-48D8-8A49-773EC206BBF7.jpeg
    771.9 KB · Views: 86
Figured you all needed a reminder of what a BEAST the Tesla refresh is and how GORGEOUS these cars are -

We celebrated our Teslaversary this week (ordered on Valentine's Day last year together and Contessa was delivered on 7/3). Hubby drove Contessa down to San Onofre this morning since his ICE car was making noise and emitting weird smells.

Over 5,500 miles and enjoying each one. Worth the wait!

IMG_6182.jpeg

Figured you all needed a reminder of what a BEAST the Tesla refresh is and how GORGEOUS these cars are -

We celebrated our Teslaversary this week (ordered on Valentine's Day last year together and Contessa was delivered on 7/3). Hubby drove Contessa down to San Onofre this morning since his ICE car was making noise and emitting weird smells.

Over 5,500 miles and enjoying each one. Worth the wait!

View attachment 770366
Great to see you again @lurker131!
(-formerly 2021Plaid👇)

alright my friends. last post from me. It has been great shooting the *sugar* with you all over the last year, lots of good times and memories.

I won't waste too much time here but I decided to skip the Model S. If you read my most recent posts then youll know why but between reading everyones stories here on having to get service right after picking up their cars to the terrible tesla customer service to vibrations to buzzing yokes to arnr not working right to the changing policies that i feel are becoming more anti consumer....i just couldnt get over the thoughts of taking a $100k car that will probably have so many issues that ill be very disappointed.

if i am being honest when i saw the first model s they tried to give me that had at least 3-5 issues and then tried to make me feel dumb for declining it that was probably the last straw for me anyway. i enjoyed driving the plaid a month or so ago but not enough to get those thoughts out of my head.

with that and for anyone who cares i decided to go with a gently used audi s4 that im picking up tomorrow....yes...i went back to gas 🙈

there just arent any evs on the market right now that check all the boxes for me but i think that day is far off. in fact i sold the id4 in november and got a hold of a rav 4 prime which is a great car and enough ev range to drive around without gas. quick as hell too.

while i didnt think id go this way i really wanted cars that fit my quality needs and were fun to drive. my hope is that with all the new evs coming out over the next year we can sell the s4 and get one like the porsche macan ev or something.

but anyway...i felt like i spent too much time here to just disappear but i wont have anything to add and probably havent for a while lol so i will let you enjoy your cars and maybe ill lurk around and rejoin you some day in the future. i do hope tesla figures the *sugar* out on the customer service and quality side because these cars are fun and forward thinking. but i digress.

love you all and wish you the best

❤️❤️❤️Tigers

alright my friends. last post from me. It has been great shooting the *sugar* with you all over the last year, lots of good times and memories.

I won't waste too much time here but I decided to skip the Model S. If you read my most recent posts then youll know why but between reading everyones stories here on having to get service right after picking up their cars to the terrible tesla customer service to vibrations to buzzing yokes to arnr not working right to the changing policies that i feel are becoming more anti consumer....i just couldnt get over the thoughts of taking a $100k car that will probably have so many issues that ill be very disappointed.

if i am being honest when i saw the first model s they tried to give me that had at least 3-5 issues and then tried to make me feel dumb for declining it that was probably the last straw for me anyway. i enjoyed driving the plaid a month or so ago but not enough to get those thoughts out of my head.

with that and for anyone who cares i decided to go with a gently used audi s4 that im picking up tomorrow....yes...i went back to gas 🙈

there just arent any evs on the market right now that check all the boxes for me but i think that day is far off. in fact i sold the id4 in november and got a hold of a rav 4 prime which is a great car and enough ev range to drive around without gas. quick as hell too.

while i didnt think id go this way i really wanted cars that fit my quality needs and were fun to drive. my hope is that with all the new evs coming out over the next year we can sell the s4 and get one like the porsche macan ev or something.

but anyway...i felt like i spent too much time here to just disappear but i wont have anything to add and probably havent for a while lol so i will let you enjoy your cars and maybe ill lurk around and rejoin you some day in the future. i do hope tesla figures the *sugar* out on the customer service and quality side because these cars are fun and forward thinking. but i digress.

❤️❤️❤️Tigers
Au revoir @Tigers! It's been good, and I hope to see you again in the future. Thanks for all the contributing you did.🙂

❤️❤️❤️Tigers
Can’t argue with anything here… Best of luck, @Tigers

❤️❤️❤️Tigers
best of luck @Tigers - I guess i won't mention the swivel screen is coming out next month with the matrix headlights ;)