Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greater than zero chance some johnny come lately types ordered in Jan, no edd slips, and scored a refreshed refresh with no problems, never even found this thread...
I ordered in January. They tried to give me one first week of Feb. I knew refresh headlight were coming so I declined and put on hold. Then took off hold this week, they gave me another one to pick up next week (also not new lights) so I put it on hold again. Plaid orders don't take nearly as long as LR orders.

I ordered in January. They tried to give me one first week of Feb. I knew refresh headlight were coming so I declined and put on hold. Then took off hold this week, they gave me another one to pick up next week (also not new lights) so I put it on hold again. Plaid orders don't take nearly as long as LR orders.
Especially if they are assigning retreads (other’s rejects) to recent orders.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yeah @mikemi I'd rate that a 99.99% chance with at 473 VIN. I'd be shocked if it wasn't. :)

1646453859898.png

Okay, I've gotten my car back from the PPF/Ceramic Coating guy and it's ready for "prime time!" My detailer did an amazing job with it, and was very reasonably priced, I think. He used Expel Premium to wrap the entire front clip (front bumper, full hood, full fenders, headlights) plus the side mirrors and the rocker panels on both sides up to the crease. He also removed the semi-crappy Tesla PPF from in front of the rear wheels and redid it properly (wrapped around the edges, and much higher up than the Tesla wrap). He did the rear fenders behind the rear tires, and the portion of the back near the trunk (where suitcases and other stuff tends to rub the paint). When he was done wrapping it, he did a full ceramic coating of everything (including the glass, roof, and rims). It took him 2 days to complete, and he charged me $2,000 plus tax.

The car looks incredible now! The glossy black paint looks an inch deep, and the white interior really pops against the black exterior. I'm going to have the windows dark tinted on Tuesday to complete the effect, but for now the car looks exactly as I had hoped it would!

Of course, I have the "old" headlights and tail lights, but I also have the nicer charge port and the redundant radar setup, and best of all, I actually have a MSLR in my garage! Happy that I didn't wait for the update and that I took delivery this week!

The car is definitely not perfect (still some panel gaps to be corrected, and all-season tires to be installed), but I'm so happy to have it! It was a long 8.5 months to get to this point, but the car is totally worth it!

I have some nice photos I took today to share, but am having difficulty getting them to upload to this post. Any advice?

Just gonna come out and say it. This is how the car should have shipped last year, no question. It’s better looking, and the lights (likely) don’t suck.

This is my opinion and is therefore fact.

Now, just to release a steering wheel/stalks option and the car will actually be sellable in the UK.

Just gonna come out and say it. This is how the car should have shipped last year, no question. It’s better looking, and the lights (likely) don’t suck.

This is my opinion and is therefore fact.
Oh totally agreed. I think this likely was originally planned, but fell behind schedule. So glad to see it! The car looks complete. :)

Reactions: mikemi and WilliamG