Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how to tell Tesla that I have sold my previous 2019 Tesla? I had fun watching on my application for the last 3 months the location, temperature, honking the horn, and state of charge. Apparently, a dealer bought it from me and it has been sitting at a lot in Scottsdale, Arizona. Today I changed my monthly subscription from $9.99 per month to $99 per year. I bought my Plaid on September 30 and could not understand why my new rate would start on October 1. Upon further research, I found that I had a free one-year subscription AND I was being charged $9.99 per month for my previous Tesla that has not been registered to a new owner yet. AND they were getting free supercharging charged to my account. Lucky that the car is just sitting there.

Does anyone know how to tell Tesla that I have sold my previous 2019 Tesla? I had fun watching on my application for the last 3 months the location, temperature, honking the horn, and state of charge. Apparently, a dealer bought it from me and it has been sitting at a lot in Scottsdale, Arizona. Today I changed my monthly subscription from $9.99 per month to $99 per year. I bought my Plaid on September 30 and could not understand why my new rate would start on October 1. Upon further research, I found that I had a free one-year subscription AND I was being charged $9.99 per month for my previous Tesla that has not been registered to a new owner yet. AND they were getting free supercharging charged to my account. Lucky that the car is just sitting there.
You should release the car in your Tesla account. The option is there. Really you should have done this the moment you sold the car as a personal security measure.

Does anyone know how to tell Tesla that I have sold my previous 2019 Tesla?

Can I remove a car from my Tesla Account?
Yes. You can remove a car from your Tesla Account by following the steps below. If you are transferring ownership, please note that Supercharging credits, upgrades and some other features may not be transferable. After the removal, your previous ownership documents, lease/loan documents and receipts can be found in the ‘Previously Owned’ section of your Tesla Account.

Follow these steps to remove a car from your account:

1. Sign in to your Tesla Account.
  2. Select ‘Manage’ next to the car you’d like to transfer or remove.
  3. Scroll down and select ‘Remove Car.’
  4. If you're transferring to a new buyer, submit their information. If not, select 'Skip this Step.'
  5. Submit your removal request.
  6. You will receive an email prompting you to confirm the removal within 10 minutes. Once confirmed, the removal will be final. If it is not confirmed within the 10-minute time window, the request to remove your car will expire. You can resubmit the request to remove your car at any time.

Note: If you transferred directly to the new owner, they will also receive an email confirmation. If no Tesla Account is associated with their email address, they’ll receive a second email to complete their account set-up.

Hey stop giving answers meant to come from @EndlessPlaid . Whereas I give answers meant to have people do some work on the own @EndlessPlaid and I guess now you give answers on a silver platter. Gentlemanly indeed.
Since @EndlessPlaid is obviously Elon, I think there are times when he needs to actually run Tesla, SpaceX, Boring, Neurolink, etc...so sometimes there's a very small delay in response.

Another perfect example of how Tesla needs to improve their customer service and, of course, hates their customers.

Since @EndlessPlaid is obviously Elon, I think there are times when he needs to actually run Tesla, SpaceX, Boring, Neurolink, etc...so sometimes there's a very small delay in response.

Another perfect example of how Tesla needs to improve their customer service and, of course, hates their customers.
I'M NOT ELON! 🤣

Ehh I was only contemplating cause I was ready to drop some coin on PPF/Wrap + Ceramic. What are the details on your car? Looks great. I also have a white MS and was debating satin white or just doing satin black again. I miss my satin black X so much, but I know having the white underneath it might bug me.

Also, my HRE’s will be ready in 4 weeks. Some 3-Piece Forged action for you all :).

View attachment 777621
I got the basic stuff done, mine is wrapped in 3M Satin Flip Ghost Pearl and ceramic coated. Got my lights smoked out and all windows tinted with 3M nano-ceramic 35% around with 70% windshield. Can't wait to see your HREs though!

So I just learned that if you have a S on order on the west coast and don’t get it by March end, your next opportunity to get one is June. I was told the first couple of mos of each quarter the Fremont factory builds cars for east coast and mid-west orders.

The SA that told me seems fairly knowledgeable but this info is not 100% verified.
Interesting. So a hold now should guarantee a much later delivery

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Suggestion to the MODs: PIN certain submissions which are indeed key to this Thread. if that's possible I'd then suggest all new members read those PINNED submissions. The monkey theory would be one. This basically states that your EDD will change as many times as the Tesla Monkey decides to play with you. It does not mean a thing until you have a VIN and lately until your appointment has been set. The Monkey is the TMC affectionate name for the Tesla EDD bot.
Wait, choosing cash payment is better :O Didnt know this lol

As he said - only summer for the 21" OEM wheels. Great tires that come with the 21's but wish there was a good A/S for our winter here.
Yeah here in Texas it's not that bad of an issue but for 1-2 months out of the year, and even then it's for a few weeks maybe. But I'm absolutely addicted to my M3P over my work truck.....

RN11529xxxx still showing April 22 - May 20

Got a good offer to sell my M3P before getting my S - LR, but going 1-2 months without it makes me sad

Where did you obtain the Wheel Caps and Tesla center cap in black? I bought a silver set for the Model Y a year ago, but I don't recall seeing the black set.
Here's a link to what I purchased. I found the lug nut caps to be pretty flimsy, but my detailer was able to make it work just fine. Much cheaper than the $75 official Tesla version!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Have they now removed the black bar on the rear or not? We saw pictures of the Model S that the black bar had the same color as the car? But now I see pictures that the bar still exists? I'm confused
The bar on the Plaid and the Dual Motor is black. The pictures posted recently was of a prototype. They went back and forth internally a lot, and that's why we've seen both colors.