Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I will. This went WAY too far. There are no new hinges to my knowledge.
We had been talking about some minor changes that have likely occurred under the skin of Model S since the start of production in June, and I suggested something minor, such as hinges.
And here we are lol.😃
Wait wait wait wait.... So they're putting in used hinges?!

/s

Stopped by the SC again because why not. They have a white long range vin 465??? For sale. White on white with 19in wheels, 99k

They also had a black one with the new headlights, white interior.

I really like the black! Really glad I made the change however my account still shows a red model. What gives :(

0D2F5826-84BA-4BD0-9DA0-F5926CDE467E.jpeg

So of course I entered my 2 week edd window today (March 13-26) and open my app to find my Tesla financing had expired 🤦‍♂️.

I'm surprised I didn't get any warning or heads up that it was expiring. I re-applied and the application is pending but I'm really hoping this doesn't cause any kind of further delay.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
On a side note. I was extremely impressed by the panel gaps on the black one. Didn’t inspect it too closely but from what I saw panels were perfectly aligned which means Tesla CAN make good cars.

While staring at the MSM this morning (see earlier post) noticed the right rear was off about 1/4". Pretty bad. Sure they will fix pretty delivery. Our SC is pretty good.

Anyone who has gotten PPF on a black model s, does it in any way ruin the look of the car? Is the wrap extremely noticeable? I really like the shiny black and am a bit worried the wrap would dull the look.

Initially I wasn’t interested in getting the wrap was just going to go with opticoat, but I really want to keep the car looking as good as possible for as long as possible.

Anyone who has gotten PPF on a black model s, does it in any way ruin the look of the car? Is the wrap extremely noticeable? I really like the shiny black and am a bit worried the wrap would dull the look.

Initially I wasn’t interested in getting the wrap was just going to go with opticoat, but I really want to keep the car looking as good as possible for as long as possible.
Full PPF…Xpel. IMO, it has only enhanced the gloss/shine. Absolutely love it.