Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You deserve a tilting screen. To my eyes, the center screen is tilted...
Actually it is very slightly tilted toward the driver. If you peer behind the screen, you’ll be able to see the right edge is actually shifted slightly away from where it meets the dash…

1647224916081.jpeg

Actually it is very slightly tilted toward the driver. If you peer behind the screen, you’ll be able to see the right edge is actually shifted slightly away from where it meets the dash…

View attachment 780501
That's probably just manufacturing tolerance. The mechanism is still in place, but screws are tightened so that it doesn't move.
Source: Munro Live

According to the Munro Live teardown, the screen is going to have quite a large range of articulation once they finally get around to installing the little motors behind the screen. The tilting mechanism is all in place - they just need a couple of little motors on each side to control the movement. I'm wondering if they plan to offer it as a retrofit option once they get enough supply of the motors. Same goes for those empty connectors behind the door trims for the ambient lighting. Maybe it will happen around the time when they finally have enough trunk shelves to provide everyone at delivery, ha ha.

View attachment 780515View attachment 780516View attachment 780517View attachment 780518View attachment 780519
Picked up mine from the factory this evening. I'm not a stickler for perfection, so it looks flawless to me. Much better in terms of panel gaps compared to my refresh 1.0 LR (sold last month)
That looks great!!! How is the metal grille up front on the dash, - is it even where it meets the sides? Mine is really bad (super low on the right side). But then again there’s very little about my 2021 that’s good, to be honest…

😂

According to the Munro Live teardown, the screen is going to have quite a large range of articulation once they finally get around to installing the little motors behind the screen. The tilting mechanism is all in place - they just need a couple of little motors on each side to control the movement. I'm wondering if they plan to offer it as a retrofit option once they get enough supply of the motors. Same goes for those empty connectors behind the door trims for the ambient lighting. Maybe it will happen around the time when they finally have enough trunk shelves to provide everyone at delivery, ha ha.
You do realize refresh+ took all the articulation hardware out.

Perhaps a silly question. Where in the purchase process do you indicate to the CA DMV that you want black plates? They cost $50ish, right?
You mean personalized ones? You need to have your standard plates first. The temp one won’t do it-the online form won’t accept it. Just went through this for wife’s MYP.