Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hinges, headlights, a new sexy rear end. And now the charge port. don’t forget hardware 4.0 is just weeks away. You’ll have to start the stages of grief all over again.
If HW 4.0 comes out shortly, that’s a major FOMO. HW3.0 has been current for just under 3 years now…, especially (ESPECIALLY) if they add cameras this car sorely needs (bumper cam etc).

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I just got bumped out again. RN1158, Red, 19", beige interior, LR, paying cash, ordered 10/17/21. Was 03/18-3/31, then 04/6-05/08, today it's 05/22-07/03.

This is getting ridiculous and I feel like I'm waiting for nothing.

Question: Should I continue to wait?? Or should I seriously investigate and move on an (in no particular order of interest) EQS, 7-series (ICE), S-class (ICE), Tayon (poor range), Lucid Air (which will also probably never show up)... etc. etc. SMH. Sick of waiting! If I have $100k cash (no financing) to throw down on a car, I'm sure I can find someone to sell to me car elsewhere!

I just got bumped out again. RN1158, Red, 19", beige interior, LR, paying cash, ordered 10/17/21. Was 03/18-3/31, then 04/6-05/08, today it's 05/22-07/03.

Question: Should I continue to wait?? Or should I seriously investigate and move on an (in no particular order of interest) EQS, 7-series (ICE), S-class (ICE), Tayon (poor range), Lucid Air (which will also probably never show up)... etc. etc. SMH. Sick of waiting! If I have $100k cash (no financing) to throw down on a car, I'm sure I can find someone to sell to me car elsewhere!
I have the same config. EDD is May 10.

If you add FSD it may move up your delivery.

PM me if you are near CA...

My Dec ordered Red on Blk 19” LR w/FSD is still showing 4-20 to 5-19. Was July when I ordered, came in closer a couple times. It’s $5K under current pricing. Always order with FSD and remove it when you get your VIN if you don’t want it.

My Dec ordered Red on Blk 19” LR w/FSD is still showing 4-20 to 5-19. Was July when I ordered, came in closer a couple times. It’s $5K under current pricing. Always order with FSD and remove it when you get your VIN if you don’t want it.
Appreciate it. Your RN # must be lower then mine since I ordered 10/17/21. The cars do not seem like they are arriving logically.

If you can afford to wait. It will be worth it. I ordered prerefresh and had delivery of S in June. X ordered see day - delivered two weeks ago.

Hated the wait and went through the stages of grief several times. But within a week of delivery forgot about the wait. Still love driving the car everyday. Almost 28k miles and still in love.

If you can afford to wait. It will be worth it. I ordered prerefresh and had delivery of S in June. X ordered see day - delivered two weeks ago.

Hated the wait and went through the stages of grief several times. But within a week of delivery forgot about the wait. Still love driving the car everyday. Almost 28k miles and still in love.
Thanks man... appreciate it. I can afford. I have a 2018 BMW 340i.... nothing wrong with it at all. Still under an extended maint. plan. I'm just fickle with cars and coming up on my 4 year itch. Just frustrated.

You’re 1157 in the East Coast Region. Compare yourself to others, like me, and make a determination as what you want to do. Until now the wait in this region has been about 9 months. Tesla in extremely high demand at all levels but most profitable I hear with Plaid, 3 and Y. So the LR wait may just get longer

Thanks man... appreciate it. I can afford. I have a 2018 BMW 340i.... nothing wrong with it at all. Still under an extended maint. plan. I'm just fickle with cars and coming up on my 4 year itch. Just frustrated.

It is natural. If you are not frustrated with Tesla delivery - you are not paying attention.

Hi, just got a VIN assigned today NF474. From what I read this is a new build with updated head and tail lights. Can someone confirm?
If someone is interested: Ordered 10/21 and EDD got pushed around 4 times. Got VIN now with EDD in the next week.
Siiiick and a 10/21 order 😱

My 7/12 order just got pushed from 3/23-31 to 5/10-6/21 🙄 thanks Tesla for getting my hopes up 3 days prior to potential delivery 🤣

I was told my car "is in production" does it take 2 months to complete?

do it with an SA (preferably even in-person at a Tesla store).
Confirm with them if they know about the change to policy first (they should be aware).
Have them put in the color change request on their end. Worked for me.
I'm heading in tomorrow to try to change from the Arachnids to the Tempests. I ordered it last week so I don't think it will bump me too far back. I think I'm going to go with aftermarket wheels and use the Tempests as my winter wheel setup.