Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got bumped out again. RN1158, Red, 19", beige interior, LR, paying cash, ordered 10/17/21. Was 03/18-3/31, then 04/6-05/08, today it's 05/22-07/03.

This is getting ridiculous and I feel like I'm waiting for nothing.

Question: Should I continue to wait?? Or should I seriously investigate and move on an (in no particular order of interest) EQS, 7-series (ICE), S-class (ICE), Tayon (poor range), Lucid Air (which will also probably never show up)... etc. etc. SMH. Sick of waiting! If I have $100k cash (no financing) to throw down on a car, I'm sure I can find someone to sell to me car elsewhere!
Hang in there. It will be worth the wait, as you’ve heard before. Everything on your list won’t compare. Maybe the Lucid would but who want’s a Chrysler looking EV. 😃

I just got bumped out again. RN1158, Red, 19", beige interior, LR, paying cash, ordered 10/17/21. Was 03/18-3/31, then 04/6-05/08, today it's 05/22-07/03.

Question: Should I continue to wait?? Or should I seriously investigate and move on an (in no particular order of interest) EQS, 7-series (ICE), S-class (ICE), Tayon (poor range), Lucid Air (which will also probably never show up)... etc. etc. SMH. Sick of waiting! If I have $100k cash (no financing) to throw down on a car, I'm sure I can find someone to sell to me car elsewhere!
You have been waiting seven months LESS than I! I ordered an EQS 580 in desperation in November. Lucky to have it in 2022! Hang in. I think eventually we will each get the car.

What a nice ass, eh?
Tip for a rear end shot.
Set camera to zoom and back up.
51951453669_0dd5d3971e_b_d.jpg

This is my 3rd MSM Tesla, I had ordered Red originally but I ended up grabbing someone else’s reservation that was MSM. No regrets. It just looks so good in any light. No ceramic, No PPF.
51951218103_d86251c12d_b_d.jpg

I am in the same boat. I went to the Tesla store today and the SA told me my new Gate Date is 4/6 and I should have a VIN around that date. She said they expect to have it at the SC on the 17th. When the 17th roles around they can easily push it out another 30 days.

The tough part is the dealer inventory is very limited. I am going to search around over the next couple of weeks to try and locate a backup. Loosing my steam and tired of waiting.

Exactly. Most of the comments come from haters who have never sat in a Tesla, let alone drive one. I can understand their feelings are hurt when they have to buy a gazillion parts and spend 50k and still get ass whooped by a Tesla from factory with no mods.
Poking non-Tesla owners about straight line speed reminds me of the guy at the party who proclaims "Behold! While I redirect this conversation to my narrow area of expertise!" It's just a non-starter for some auto enthusiasts who first look at a car for how it handles, sounds, and feels.

Owning and appreciating a Tesla is about how meaningfully excellent the car is to drive every day. Instant torque, no pollution, comfortable, fast, low center of gravity, high technology that's easy to use (my wife can use it and she has me update her iPhone software), over-the-air updates, the list goes on and on. Uniquely excellent (with a few caveats).

But it doesn't connect to the owner in the same way that an ICE car does. If someone spends his weekends upgrading engine or exhaust post-purchase (like several friends of mine) then you can't installment plan a Tesla's performance. It's already there, maxed out and ready to use. No fuss, just floor it.

Every year I look forward to summer and fall when I can daily drive a sports car. Very interested to see how that changes with my 3-week-old MS Plaid. It's an amazing car!

Last edited:
What a nice ass, eh?
Tip for a rear end shot.
Set camera to zoom and back up.
51951453669_0dd5d3971e_b_d.jpg

This is my 3rd MSM Tesla, I had ordered Red originally but I ended up grabbing someone else’s reservation that was MSM. No regrets. It just looks so good in any light. No ceramic, No PPF.
51951218103_d86251c12d_b_d.jpg

MSM is the best color!

E13E4F94-7A91-453A-BC58-C7CB4231D0FC.jpeg

BF7E2D05-AA1C-4CA9-9129-277C5951D7A4.jpeg
8E395983-9FC7-4A46-9743-24C97CFAB1B6.jpeg

Attachments

• 6C3ACA88-59F6-4998-A2AE-0F6C26CEAE0D.jpeg
    6C3ACA88-59F6-4998-A2AE-0F6C26CEAE0D.jpeg
    973.3 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I thought the middle brake light was new? This looks like the outgoing middle brake light....

View attachment 783750
A bastard combination. Why would they do this? Oh, because it’s part of the “cheapened” agenda. Maybe there is a supply agreement that requires them to order a certain number to get a certain price - and they still have a ways to go to get there….

A bastard combination. Why would they do this? Oh, because it’s part of the “cheapened” agenda. Maybe there is a supply agreement that requires them to order a certain number to get a certain price - and they still have a ways to go to get there….

But everyone was saying it was a new middle brake light... Still never saw confirmation. @EndlessPlaid