Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eatonville SC hasn’t been great in the delivery department. When I was at my last delivery upon finding a flaw, nobody offered to come look at it. I was told to contact service. I refused delivery and have another appointment this week. I hope that I get my fobs and mats.
Please post if you get your fobs... my SA told me he thought they don't come with fobs any more, I had to tell him they do. He then came back with the "back order" story and told me to request them through the app

I see you are in TX, aka, Tesla Desert. Perhaps that explains one car in the lot

I'd love to go there to pick up my CT, but who knows when or if that will happen.
It does feel special to see another Tesla, though there are many, but not nearly like Calif. I figure since the Cybertruck is so delayed, as I'm literally 6 turns and a straight freeway from the factory, by the time I get one it will drive itself to me.

Hi, I tried to hook up my MS on the local Wifi. It is WPA2 secured and I get error about cannot obtain IP from DHCP. Anyone same issues and fix for that?
How old is your router? Is it a router you have control over?

As a test, you can try enabling hotspot on your phone (if you have that option) and try connecting to that. Some people have done that when stuck on the road to get and update they are itching for.

I picked up my car! 380 days after the order! I noticed nothing out of the ordinary other than some glue residue on some trim. No panel gaps I cared about, all covers and mats, and its quality is so much better than my 2017 MS. I need to take a picture of the new hinges for William.

Autopilot calibrated in 10 minutes of driving. Software update is waiting. And I noticed very little difference between ANC on or off.
Congrats! Well worth the wait. Just have them fix the trunk. Unless it is the angle of the photo.

Christian was very happy to help me go over everything. There was no rush, and the two paint things he first tried to get the rub off with a cloth and wax, and when that didn't work, checked inside and they said they'd do both right then. He did not rush me and it was well after all that that I mentioned I'd probably accept the car. He had almost forgotten. I think it helped that I was already there with my trade when he came up to me and went to get the car. I noticed there were lots of deliveries getting prepped, all backed in with nice hand written tent signs on the dashes and balloons on each of them.
Sweet! Hoping I get a Christian like person as well :)
It was on the car when I picked it up. Can it be removed?

You can :) And it's ezpz, just make sure to follow your local laws of course :p

I picked up my car! 380 days after the order! I noticed nothing out of the ordinary other than some glue residue on some trim. No panel gaps I cared about, all covers and mats, and its quality is so much better than my 2017 MS. I need to take a picture of the new hinges for William.

Autopilot calibrated in 10 minutes of driving. Software update is waiting. And I noticed very little difference between ANC on or off.
Sweeet!!!! 380 days though O_O holy...I thought 25p was bad :/ (If I get it Monday that is)

As for the ANC, you didnt hear any bad stuff like some others have reported? Just can't tell a difference?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Need some advice. I got my VIN this morning. Due to an unforeseen problem I'm either going to cancel or try to sell it. It's a MS LR, white, cream, 21" and no FSD. Any advice on where would be the easiest place to advertise it? I ordered it on 7-9-2021. Thanks in advance.
Just be warned that at least one person that sold their new Model X after a few days, was then contacted by Tesla and told that they are no longer ever allowed to buy another vehicle from Tesla because Tesla doesn't allow resellers to purchase vehicles.