Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh wow ok I stand corrected now! Thank you for the correction!😃
I can’t access the full statement from Sawyer but just a few days ago someone had a slightly different take. It showed the Tesla Y order page with the highlighted FSD button saying IF YOU REMOVE FSD YOUR ORDER WILL BE DELAYED. This was in the context of a whole bunch of orders adding FSD and publicly proclaiming on social media that they would remove it after VIN. Under that scenario model Y FSD is still prioritized. FSD priority for Model S is unlikely to be in practice

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I can’t access the full statement from Sawyer but just a few days ago someone had a slightly different take. It showed the Tesla Y order page with the highlighted FSD button saying IF YOU REMOVE FSD YOUR ORDER WILL BE DELAYED. This was in the context of a whole bunch of orders adding FSD and publicly proclaiming on social media that they would remove it after VIN. Under that scenario model Y FSD is still prioritized. FSD priority for Model S is unlikely to be in practice
Oh for sure and that's what I thought it was too. But actually reading the article, they have both closed that loophole and removed the EDD change when FSD is equipped.

• Informative
Reactions: ryan1220 and DermMD
Seriously love that color. Love. That. Color.
The PPF guy told me that the paint job on my car is one of the better ones he has seen in Tesla. I drove it for 120 miles for 10 days before PPF appointment and was worried about getting some rock chips. But he said there's no paint correction needed and the paint job looks good. Lucky me I guess...

The PPF guy told me that the paint job on my car is one of the better ones he has seen in Tesla. I drove it for 120 miles for 10 days before PPF appointment and was worried about getting some rock chips. But he said there's no paint correction needed and the paint job looks good. Lucky me I guess...
I had similar response on wife’s MYP. Said it was good as or better than most. There is hope.

Keep in mind that “paint correction” isn’t typically touching up chips in the paint. It usually involves polishing the whole car. Looking for swirls, thick spots in clear coat, removing any polish etc. You basically “detail it” then seal it in with PPF or Ceramic. Pretty much any car can use some “paint correction” before PPF or Ceramic coat. So if a PPF guy said your car needed no paint correction that would raise an eyebrow for me. Google it.

See my thread on descumming the windshield. The same scum could be on the whole car.

E082744C-7A24-4C56-A7F3-CE8103CEE6E9.jpeg

Keep in mind that “paint correction” isn’t typically touching up chips in the paint. It usually involves polishing the whole car. Looking for swirls, thick spots in clear coat, removing any polish etc. You basically “detail it” then seal it in with PPF or Ceramic. Pretty much any car can use some “paint correction” before PPF or Ceramic coat. So if a PPF guy said your car needed no paint correction that would raise an eyebrow for me. Google it.

See my thread on descumming the windshield. The same scum could be on the whole car.

My ppf guy spent 3 hours prepping paint. Granted some was for the rear doors and fenders being peppered by rocks from front tires.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Took home delivery today of LR MSM White on 21s. VIN 475... My very 1st Tesla! She's a beaut! Windshield was clear. Panel gaps are nice. Only missing shelf and rear license plate holder, which they let me know ahead of time. Rear drivers side passenger door handle goes in a bit far so scheduled to fix. Drives like a dream. Good luck to everyone waiting on theirs!

Well played, Padawan. :)

Took home delivery today of LR MSM White on 21s. VIN 475... My very 1st Tesla! She's a beaut! Windshield was clear. Panel gaps are nice. Only missing shelf and rear license plate holder, which they let me know ahead of time. Rear drivers side passenger door handle goes in a bit far so scheduled to fix. Drives like a dream. Good luck to everyone waiting on theirs!
Congrats my friend. Can't wait for mine to come