Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great! Which spoiler are you getting?
Did you get some ppf on the rear quarter panel? I highly recommend it especially if you don't have any mudflaps. The section behind the rear door will get nuked with rock chips over time.
I'm installing this spoiler from rpmtesla. Not too expensive but not sure about the quality. I like the looks - Model S Jupiter Spoiler - Real Molded Carbon Fiber
Didn't do any ppf on the rear quarter panel. Don't have mudflaps either, will probably go back to the shop and ask them for a quote. I hate rock chips and with darker colors like blue, it looks prominent. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I'm installing this spoiler from rpmtesla. Not too expensive but not sure about the quality. I like the looks - Model S Jupiter Spoiler - Real Molded Carbon Fiber
Didn't do any ppf on the rear quarter panel. Don't have mudflaps either, will probably go back to the shop and ask them for a quote. I hate rock chips and with darker colors like blue, it looks prominent. Thanks for the suggestion.
The spoiler looks good!
If you are worried about the rock chips, then better to get it done now. I took delivery last year in June and neither me or the installer had no idea how bad the chips would be since we had no reference points.

It was barely noticeable without PPF, but after the PPF process I could spot it from over 10ft away. The PPF caused it to look sorta like a whitehead - the raised bump caused a circular pocket of air to form under the PPF which never went away.
I've got a SLIGHT dent in my bumper, right where the edge meets to go down the bumper and up to the trunk. Never noticed it, until it was wrapped with PPF. Air bubble. Decided it was not worth it to fight with Tesla, remove the wrap, PDR the dent and get it rewrapped. So I live with it. See it anytime I walk around the back of the car.

2021 MSLR
MSM/Black/21’s
Damage disclosure (corrections done to the car)
$8,480 off

0A377833-DCD4-490C-8E80-EAFFBA3D1F4C.jpeg

• Informative
Two of my annoyances that Im guessing Tesla could fix easily
- Right scroll knob should be configured to control car length distance between vehicle in front of you when on AP. (My guess is that this wheel was going to be used to control MCU angle movement initially).
-Would actually LOVE for Tesla to allow you to have fake electric motor sound (like Porsche/Audi)in the interior if you'd like to

Nobody will patch a tire too close to the side wall. He got 3 opinions.
Quality of the spoiler is excellent and your taste is as good as mine. 😬

Attachments

• 1FABE46A-A586-47AC-814A-6768567DE33B.jpeg
    1FABE46A-A586-47AC-814A-6768567DE33B.jpeg
    496.7 KB · Views: 77
Quality of the spoiler is excellent and your taste is as good as mine. 😬
Love the matte finish spoiler. Mine is the glossy finish though. I actually wanted the matte one but somehow I messed up my order. Didn't bother to change it after the order went through. Maybe I should have, but glossy will probably match my recently ceramic coated shiny exterior. 😁

Vote! Help me decide......

drove in a model Y tonight. Absolutely insanely fun. I was also able to put my model S back on hold. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 I’m able to get my house loan closed out then get the new car. Please, jebus.
Whelp. For anyone following my nonsense, my house got delayed again. And my Tesla order got canceled. Went from “Tell us when you’re ready.” To canceled.

Oh well. I ended up putting in an order for a Plaid instead 😆 June - July delivery window. My house is supposed to be done end of April. Hopefully the stars align this time.