Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this in the model s problems thread, but figured I'd post here as well since traffic in this thread is high..

Ever since updating to 2022.8.3 a few days ago, noticed that when I exit my car (2022 LR S) now, its as if the car doesnt recognize the fact that Ive..exited the car. At night, headlights/tail ligts remain on, audio still is playing inside, dash and MCU still lit, door handles remain out. Even after I've walked away into the house. (When I check on the car several mins later, the car has finally shut off/door handles have retracted). Ive done a scroll wheel reboot, with no improvement.

This was not the behavior before this upgrade.

Anyone else experience this?
I haven't seen that happen and I'm on the same software for a few days now.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The Tesla app has the refresh-refresh, but with a body colored bar. Just in case anybody was curious what Tesla was deciding between for what to go on the trunk.
Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 9.57.26 AM.png

This is a really interesting post on Model Y Cabin noise.

Make sure you click the link. The summary of the first post is not what’s interesting. It’s notes from the Service Center on what they did to fix it.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I had a a few porches over the last 10 years. Not sure why anyone cares so strongly about a car.
Me either, we're all driving fast fun cars, why hate on each other xD Unless it's a mustang, we all know the vibe there. Even they do .-.
Good man, @DFWBrad !

My dream as a kid was to own a new Porsche. Never happened. I grew out of it. :)

Saw a currwnt 911 Carrera GTS up close yesterday. Nice. But no way would I take that over any S.

The gaps in our panels are nothing compared to those between our cars 0-60. :)

That being said, I would never bad mouth someone else’s car. At least not in person. J/k.
Yeah it's one thing to back track, but the fact he KEPT going at it I was like "wow you are just one special nut"
My best friends live in the Dallas Metroplex; One of them owns Climate Doctors and he has had the first Tesla of anyone I have met. I lived there for 12 years and had to deal with dbags like that guy. Fortunately, most people in Dallas are wonderful people. I personally love Porsche and am considering getting one as a second vehicle. Their fit and finish are top-notch, The fact that you can choose the color of every little detail from the stitching to the seatbelt is pretty darn impressive. I'm happy you got your Tesla, I am still waiting for mine and haven't had a car since September of 2021 (I take uber or borrow my wife's car when she is home). Don't hate the car, hate the ahole; Porsche is innocent in all this. :)
Yeah unfortunately they exist everywhere....but as is life. Just don't get why people are d!ks like that....
I didnt sell my M3P until I had a VIN for my car....lol greedy but worked out perfectly.

I've been close to buying a porsche, but have always been weary of the stigma due to people I've met who owned them. And honestly probably never will for that reason. Beautiful cars, not so much some of the owners :X

Never seen someone so arrogant with a whooping $185k car lol
Jokes on him though, when the employee joked about accepting BTC the guy was like "I will NEVER own such petty crap".

Installed the Jupiter Spoiler from rpmtesla on my LR. Looks decent I guess. What do you folks think?
Can you post a "from the front" kind of view? I like the rear view for sure.
Overall just not having that flat arse looking end from this view would be nice :D

Has anyone tried to powder coat the brake calipers? Really enjoyed the red look on my M3P

Attachments

• 20220406_175054.jpg
    20220406_175054.jpg
    720.7 KB · Views: 91
Mind me asking what you paid? Never gotten that done, always left them stock color. But most all my cars have had red, so gotten used to it :3
Its not cheap, unfortunately, lots of labor as they have to tear the calipers all the way down and remove all rubber and non painted surfaces before heading into sand blasting.....

I feel like I got a decent deal at $800 as the detailer is doing a bunch of other stuff too, I believe he normally charges $1,200 for stand alone....

A few pictures of the tear down and initial cleaning, as well as the color they will be when done....

Attachments

• Brakes 2.jpg
    Brakes 2.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Brakes1_n.jpg
    Brakes1_n.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Illusion Orange Sample.jpg
    Illusion Orange Sample.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 74
  • TBrakes2.jpg
    TBrakes2.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 79
Its not cheap, unfortunately, lots of labor as they have to tear the calipers all the way down and remove all rubber and non painted surfaces before heading into sand blasting.....

I feel like I got a decent deal at $800 as the detailer is doing a bunch of other stuff too, I believe he normally charges $1,200 for stand alone....

A few pictures of the tear down and initial cleaning, as well as the color they will be when done....

That’s a deal. I see pricing in the 1k-1.5k. If you want it done right.

Love the color.

That’s a deal. I see pricing in the 1k-1.5k. If you want it done right.

Love the color.
Thanks!

And to clarify, he is doing a LOT....

Full Stealth (Satin) PPF, window tint including windshield, blacking out front emblem, ceramic coat on top of PPF + wheels and calipers, screen protectors inside, tinted tails and more.....

So I did get a package "deal". lol ;)