Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked at those. But I wanted OEM look. Those Twrap wraps only cover about 60% of the caliper
You can’t tell with covers on. I like the covers now with the red peeking through. With wide spoke wheels you can’t tell from a distance. Probably only someone pretty sharp would know and they would have to be close to know.

Where in the rule book does it say how much needs to be covered?

Eventually they will probably get dirty as you get around the sides. Might even rust up some. All Normal.

BTW the rears have fake “covers” on them from Tesla. The “cover” is way larger than the actual caliper. I covered the fake cover with fake red :)

The only real ones will be the $20k ones.

Someone mentioned a warranty issue for painted calipers. Not sure how valid that was.

Any suggestions on where to purchase the floor mats for Refresh 2.0 LR? Planning to get the 3d Maxpider. Auto Anything says it’s not compatible with 2022 model?
I have tried 4 different sets and find that the new Tesla All Weather Interior Liners in the Tesla shop are the best. A bit pricey at $250 though, but available.

I have tried 4 different sets and find that the new Tesla All Weather Interior Liners in the Tesla shop are the best. A bit pricey at $250 though, but available.
I want to be able to take my mountain bike ... which gets REALLY muddy after a good ride ... in the S Plaid.
Would Tesla's liners work well for that ? Won't that set-up leave the rear seat backs exposed when I drop the rear seat to add the (muddy) bike?

Any suggestions on where to purchase the floor mats for Refresh 2.0 LR? Planning to get the 3d Maxpider. Auto Anything says it’s not compatible with 2022 model?
A person that works for 3D Maxpider said on another thread that the 2021+ mats for the MS will be available some time in April. I'm definitely going with those as well.

I want to be able to take my mountain bike ... which gets REALLY muddy after a good ride ... in the S Plaid.
Would Tesla's liners work well for that ? Won't that set-up leave the rear seat backs exposed when I drop the rear seat to add the (muddy) bike?
Yes sir. The seat backs would be exposed. I’m not sure of available mats or liners that cover the whole back with the seats down. I use my pickup when I transport my bikes. Even if it’s raining I keep the “S” in the garage. 😬

You can’t tell with covers on. I like the covers now with the red peeking through. With wide spoke wheels you can’t tell from a distance. Probably only someone pretty sharp would know and they would have to be close to know.

Where in the rule book does it say how much needs to be covered?

Eventually they will probably get dirty as you get around the sides. Might even rust up some. All Normal.

BTW the rears have fake “covers” on them from Tesla. The “cover” is way larger than the actual caliper. I covered the fake cover with fake red :)

The only real ones will be the $20k ones.

Someone mentioned a warranty issue for painted calipers. Not sure how valid that was.
Certainly no rule, but for me, I want my calipers to look identical to OEM red calipers, meaning, entire caliper thats visible should be same color. Not the appearance of a stuck on label just on the face. (no offense to anyone who prefers that look).

I use Komodo sea sucker. Komodo
Pricey but I prefer this to a roof rack which is an option as is an after market hitch. I did put the hitch on my first model S but I prefer the clean look offered by sea sucker.

Certainly no rule, but for me, I want my calipers to look identical to OEM red calipers, meaning, entire caliper thats visible should be same color. Not the appearance of a stuck on label just on the face. (no offense to anyone who prefers that look).
Messing around with taking all the calipers off, rebleeding, sending them out for who knows how long, risk of Tesla baulking (they shouldn't but I read they did, and they might baulk at PPF too), $1000 out my pocket, all for a better fake ;) I can also change the color real easy and reverse it easy.

A person that works for 3D Maxpider said on another thread that the 2021+ mats for the MS will be available some time in April. I'm definitely going with those as well.
Oh ok. Thanks for the info. I was looking at these two options but not sure if they are new/fit the 2022 MS Refresh 2.0. Teslarati says theirs are compatible with 2022 Plaid and MS LR though.

https://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/3d-maxpider-kagu-floor-mats?VehicleId=9350282#0

Oh ok. Thanks for the info. I was looking at these two options but not sure if they are new/fit the 2022 MS Refresh 2.0. Teslarati says theirs are compatible with 2022 Plaid and MS LR though.

https://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/3d-maxpider-kagu-floor-mats?VehicleId=9350282#0

I tried contacting them and no response. The mats for second row are different in Refresh. There is no single mat set that fits pre and post refresh. Same as the damn mudflaps.

I’m pretty sure this is the part number for the new ones for Refresh. L1TL03801509 If you google that number you’ll see a few places listing them specifically for 2021+ 2022 but no stock yet.

Tuxmats are also coming soon. Tempted to try them. I had a cargo mat from Tuxmat for Model 3 and it was very good.

I tried contacting them and no response. The mats for second row are different in Refresh. There is no single mat set that fits pre and post refresh. Same as the damn mudflaps.

I’m pretty sure this is the part number for the new ones for Refresh. L1TL03801509 If you google that number you’ll see a few places listing them specifically for 2021+ 2022 but no stock yet.

Tuxmats are also coming soon. Tempted to try them. I had a cargo mat from Tuxmat for Model 3 and it was very good.
Yeah, great info. I think I will wait and order when they are widely available. Sent you a PM.

3d Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats - All Weather Floor Liners For Cars & Trucks - AutoAnything

FWIW, I kept these when I sold my 2021 MS Raven. They fit my Plaid (I have front mats only) perfectly.

Just received them from Teslarati. Perfect fit.
2B8A2FC4-3913-4483-94C0-0C535CE754BC.jpeg
F3C1C1C6-CDC8-44DC-A5A5-662979178D19.jpeg
8F8EEC1E-9961-46EF-9B77-655870434624.jpeg