Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some questions: I have the BIG MSLR refresh checklist from late 2021, but is there anything else I should be looking at for "refresh +"? I was only offered option for home delivery, anyone have any special thoughts about key items for that process? Also does anyone have experience with Payment by Certified Check for home Delivery? I've asked the SA but had no response yet. FYI, after a BIG tax bill I chose to finance via DCU. Current rate is now up to 1.99% w/DD and Tesla Discount.

Best wishes for prompt deliveries and "good cars" to all.
I took that big list into Excel and made it easier to deal with by first removing items I felt were redundant, or were very unlikely to be found. Then I grouped things together that made sense. For example, I set all the items to do with the fit and finish of the body and glass as a group. Within that I grouped anything to do with panel alignment, glass, weather strip, paint issues, etc., together.

Then I did the same thing inside.

And I did a final list of included items I should look for.

Things I knew they would address later, I didn't worry about so much. Things I knew had to be dealt with then and there, or within that 24 hours / 100 miles deadline, I had them handle then.

I didn't find anything that required me to reject it, nor that they couldn't fix easily why I waited.

Sadly, though I did all that I forgot to save the file before I even printed it. But, the process I went through organized my thinking for the pick up inspection. In my case, they let me have full access to the car before I accepted it, and the guy helping me assisted in every way possible.

I took that big list into Excel and made it easier to deal with by first removing items I felt were redundant, or were very unlikely to be found. Then I grouped things together that made sense. For example, I set all the items to do with the fit and finish of the body and glass as a group. Within that I grouped anything to do with panel alignment, glass, weather strip, paint issues, etc., together.

Then I did the same thing inside.

And I did a final list of included items I should look for.

Things I knew they would address later, I didn't worry about so much. Things I knew had to be dealt with then and there, or within that 24 hours / 100 miles deadline, I had them handle then.

I didn't find anything that required me to reject it, nor that they couldn't fix easily why I waited.

Sadly, though I did all that I forgot to save the file before I even printed it. But, the process I went through organized my thinking for the pick up inspection. In my case, they let me have full access to the car before I accepted it, and the guy helping me assisted in every way possible.
Too bad. On the positive side, it will only take a quarter of the time to re do it.

That is if you are feeling charitable. :)

Had to reject the vehicle and is this Tesla’s way of punishing me?
First it said EDD: TBD
Now this

5A8066D6-F3AC-4899-BB4A-4D6AD3991F59.png

let me be the devil in your ear and say this - “stick to Plaid ;)

haha I made the switch on my order from LR to Plaid - so waiting for the Plaid and pumped despite the EDD saying “TBD”
I want to upgrade to Plaid, but my order is $15k below current MSRP and they won't let me switch to Plaid and retain the same $15k below MSRP.
It's just not worth it to switch to Plaid at the current price. I may just take delivery of the LR and flip it.

I want to upgrade to Plaid, but my order is $15k below current MSRP and they won't let me switch to Plaid and retain the same $15k below MSRP.
It's just not worth it to switch to Plaid at the current price. I may just take delivery of the LR and flip it.

from what I understand ALL orders can now make the change while still being in the same price-book.
Basically (assuming you’ve selected cash already) you’d have to ask a rep to take you back one step to where you still have a choice between cash and financing.

Once there, you will see “Edit Design” under the Order # and there you can switch to Plaid and change color, etc while STILL retaining the old price at your time of ordering. Just confirm the price before you Apply Changes.

I did this last week and my order is from August 2021. LR at $89,990 to Plaid at $129,990 instead of the current $136 ish.

And Note : I can still go back to LR if I want at the old $89,990 price point. At the moment I’ve selected Cash again so my order is essentially marked fully complete/ready as Plaid.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that we could now make changes and retain previous pricing, as of at least a few weeks now….

Ordered a Model S a year ago and awaiting delivery. Was unaware that it would not have a steering wheel at that time. Love our 2015 S. Hesitate to take delivery of the new one without driving an S with a yoke beforehand. Yoke controls seem pretty complicated. Tesla doesn't seem to have one to test drive in the Seattle area. Any thoughts?
Have a MSLR on order. It’s a matter of opinion. For me spending $100k on a car you shouldn’t have to settle for safety and functionality. The yoke and controls suck. Drove a friends plaid several times and there is no real upside. Some people here will say I like the view or hand position but the steering wheel was never in the way of sight and you can you place your hands in any position on a real wheel. I’m hoping they offer a wheel before my delivery.

They can’t give away plaids at dealers in Florida. You can get one right now at the old price

from what I understand ALL orders can now make the change while still being in the same price-book.
Basically (assuming you’ve selected cash already) you’d have to ask a rep to take you back one step to where you still have a choice between cash and financing.

Once there, you will see “Edit Design” under the Order # and there you can switch to Plaid and change color, etc while STILL retaining the old price at your time of ordering. Just confirm the price before you Apply Changes.

I did this last week and my order is from August 2021. LR at $89,990 to Plaid at $129,990 instead of the current $136 ish.

And Note : I can still go back to LR if I want at the old $89,990 price point. At the moment I’ve selected Cash again so my order is essentially marked fully complete/ready as Plaid.

The price book at the time of my order unfortunately had the Plaid already at $130k. The Plaid jumped to $130k and then shortly after the LR jumped to $85k which is when I ordered. I have asked my rep and they said I would get current pricing ($136k) if I switched trims.

Someone had said they're allowing some changes at the old price books for orders after August 1, 2021 but my order was July 27, 2021.

So I'm unfortunately out of luck. I'll just ask again but I doubt it.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The price book at the time of my order unfortunately had the Plaid already at $130k. The Plaid jumped to $130k and then shortly after the LR jumped to $85k which is when I ordered. I have asked my rep and they said I would get current pricing ($136k) if I switched trims.

Someone had said they're allowing some changes at the old price books for orders after August 1, 2021 but my order was July 27, 2021.

So I'm unfortunately out of luck. I'll just ask again but I doubt it.

So the August limitation was removed. From my recent conversations with my friend who is an SA at a dealership nearby and a few others, changes are allowed on all orders :)

Just ask an SA to take you back a step where you can choose between Cash and Financing again. If you see the "Edit Design" option and then you try to make changes and see old pricing, you're good to go!