Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just spoke with a rep and the August limitation still applies. I would be subject to the current price book. I even asked them to revert my order to the payment method step and they obliged. The edit design button is not there. I tried going to the URL manually (tesla . com/teslaaccount/edit-deisgn/RNxxx) and that page wouldn't load, just takes me back to my order details page.

I'm really sorry to hear that! I was told otherwise. I'd set the payment back to cash and stick to the LR at the price point in that case

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Having owned/driven both and having sold both, I'm going with Plaid with the new lights.

LR is great as long as you never try a Plaid haha. There is a serious difference in the Plaid's power compared to the LR obviously (but that 1 second is big in practice even though it seems small on paper.).

I sold the Plaid and bought a LR to save the $40k, realized I missed the Plaid's exhilarating acceleration and now I'm back in the queue for a new Plaid haha :)
My problem is my wife has a "1 year rule"
I can buy any car I want as long as it is paid for in one year.
So, I usually start squireling away money for a couple years before I locate the car I want. When I get the car down to a reasonable price (usually between $20K and $40K I buy the car.
The wait for this one has been so long I might be able to stretch for a Plaid at this point. heck with the way things are going with delivery EDD I might have enough for a Roadster.😆

So, I usually start squireling away money for a couple years before I locate the car I want. When I get the car down to a reasonable price (usually between $20K and $40K I buy the car.
The wait for this one has been so long I might be able to stretch for a Plaid at this point. heck with the way things are going with delivery EDD I might have enough for a Roadster.😆

Haha i’m in the same situation. Waiting all this time had me save up more than I expected so I just jumped to Plaid. Why hold back y’know? :D

Ha, as much as wives can be annoying with stuff like that, it's actual pretty smart. I do the same myself :)

Since it's quiet in here I thought I'd jot down some thoughts on my Plaid now that it's a month since I got it.

I traded in a 2015 Hellcat. It was great fun for many years and I worried I'd miss it, but I do not. At all. My wife has a MY Performance, and I was very happy with that, but the Plaid is on a whole different level.

I'm not a yoke fanboy. It's ok most of the time, but anytime I need to make a big turn, I have to make plans for where my hands are going and that's not great. I am getting used to it, but I think I'll never be in love with it. Due to the yoke, my wife isn't interested in driving the car at all, which isn't terrific when we need to swap for some reason. I rarely use the horn, and I haven't used this one yet, but I think the middle location is where I'll push when I do need it. I like the rest of the controls on the yoke, especially the turn signals.

I have a C8, and for me, that steering wheel is perfection. I'd rather it have been something more like that.

The best part about the yoke is the look you get when somebody sees it for the first time. It always gets a big WOW.

My delivery was pretty great because there were no serious issues and I had free access to it before accepting it. It was short of a full charge by 100 miles.

My first service visit wasn't great. They treated me very well, but my low beam head lights have an odd notch that clearly looks like something is wrong, but service said it's normal. Considering you can only see it on the road at night, and they didn't have the car at night, they based this on incomplete diagnosis. It's a whipping to go up against them on it so I'll probably just wait until I have another service need to bring it back up.

My handles present only about 1 in 10 tries. I keep my iPhone in my back right pocket and am now getting in the habit of presenting the phone to the car to get the handles out. If I walk up to it and just stand there, they come out most of the time in about 5 seconds. 1 in 10 times, even presenting the phone doesn't get the handles out. Touching the handle will sometimes work but not every time, so I'll just walk away and start back over. The whole phone key wouldn't be as much of an issue for me if there was an Apple Watch app I'm sure.

My car vibrates slightly under hard acceleration. It doesn't bother me as it's pretty mild, and quite a bit less than the Hellcat did.

The car sits lower than it seems. I have slightly scraped the front twice and was surprised it happened both times.

I think the car should have better brakes. I'm considering the Tesla upgrade, but it's more than I need since I don't plan to track the car.

Though we have 2 chargers at home, I charge at my office. I was surprised to see it only adds 33 miles per hour, so it takes most of the day to finish.

I had my car wrapped in Xpel Stealth by Xpel Dallas, and I'm very happy with the look and their work. They also applied ceramic and tint, 30 on front, 20 on back, clear on the top and nothing on the windshield. I discovered the first time I charged that part of the car was under a tree and I got a few serious bird droppings on the hood. It's pretty incredible how easily even that nasty stuff just comes right off. And, those branches are gone now.

As I said before, this thread was greatly beneficial to me during the order and waiting process. It was here I discovered the latest update and felt good about placing a hold on my order, which I removed based on info from here, and I believe I got one of the first couple hundred updated cars. I've poked around the forum, but haven't found other topics to be as helpful for things I posted about. This thread is unique though and oddly I generally still check in here a few times a day. I can't even imagine how patient you have to be to get a MS today. The EDD's moving around constantly is a Tesla thing. One of those things you live with, but wonder about. It's so worth it though.

msp-front.jpg

Last edited:
Since it's quiet in here I thought I'd jot down some thoughts on my Plaid now that it's a month since I got it.

I traded in a 2015 Hellcat. It was great fun for many years and I worried I'd miss it, but I do not. At all. My wife has a MY Performance, and I was very happy with that, but the Plaid is on a whole different level.

I'm not a yoke fanboy. It's ok most of the time, but anytime I need to make a big turn, I'm have to make plans for where my hands are going and that's not great. I am getting used to it, but I think I'll never be in love with it. Due to the yoke, my wife isn't interested in driving the car at all, which isn't terrific when we need to swap for some reason. I rarely use the horn, and I haven't used this one yet, but I think the middle location is where I'll push when I do need it. I like the rest of the controls on the yoke, especially the turn signals.

I have a C8, and for me, that steering wheel is perfection. I'd rather it have been something more like that.

The best part about the yoke is the look you get when somebody sees it for the first time. It always gets a big WOW.

My delivery was pretty great because there were no serious issues and I had free access to it before accepting it. It was short of a full charge by 100 miles.

My first service visit wasn't great. They treated me very well, but my low beam head lights have an odd notch that clearly looks like something is wrong, but service said it's normal. Considering you can only see it on the road at night, and they didn't have the car at night, they based this on incomplete diagnosis. It's a whipping to go up against them on it so I'll probably just wait until I have another service need to bring it back up.

My handles present only about 1 in 10 tries. I keep my iPhone in my back right pocket and am now getting in the habit of presenting the phone to the car to get the handles out. If I walk up to it and just stand there, they come out most of the time in about 5 seconds. 1 in 10 times, even presenting the phone doesn't get the handles out. Touching the handle will sometimes work but not every time, so I'll just walk away and start back over. The whole phone key wouldn't be as much of an issue for me if there was an Apple Watch app I'm sure.

My car vibrates slightly under hard acceleration. It doesn't bother me as it's pretty mild, and quite a bit less than the Hellcat did.

The car sits lower than it seems. I have slightly scraped the front twice and was surprised it happened both times.

I think the car should have better brakes. I'm considering the Tesla upgrade, but it's more than I need since I don't plan to track the car.

Though we have 2 chargers at home, I charge at my office. I was surprised to see it only adds 33 miles per hour, so it takes most of the day to finish.

I had my car wrapped in Xpel Stealth by Xpel Dallas, and I'm very happy with the look and their work. They also applied ceramic and tint, 30 on front, 20 on back, clear on the top and nothing on the windshield. I discovered the first time I charged that part of the car was under a tree and I got a few serious bird droppings on the hood. It's pretty incredible how easily even that nasty stuff just comes right off. And, those branches are gone now.

As I said before, this thread was greatly beneficial to me during the order and waiting process. It was here I discovered the latest update and felt good about placing a hold on my order, which I removed based on info from here, and I believe I got one of the first couple hundred updated cars. I've poked around the forum, but haven't found other topics to be as helpful for things I posted about. This thread is unique though and oddly I generally still check in here a few times a day. I can't even imagine how patient you have to be to get a MS today. The EDD's moving around constantly is a Tesla thing. One of those things you live with, but wonder about. It's so worth it though.

View attachment 796371
Great review and experience write up. Glad you're enjoying your new ride!

Seems like a quiet morning. So, on a completely unrelated note: Elon now has the option of buying 8.4 million shares of Tesla for $70.01 per share. Heck he could buy 2 Plaids with that money.😁 Also I imagine it would help his Twitter takeover attempt. I sure hope he doesn’t want to takeover TMC. Although maybe he’d be more aware of some of our concerns and issues. Happy Earth Day everyone!

Has anyone noticed a certain day for EDD to change? I have had 4 or 5 EDD changes since October, and they all happen on a Saturday morning at 8am.
Seems weird the monkey works of early weekend mornings. I'm a week out for the beginning of my next EDD. Saturday the 30th. I'm pretty sure, like clockwork, I will receive a new EDD that day.:(

My handles present only about 1 in 10 tries. I keep my iPhone in my back right pocket and am now getting in the habit of presenting the phone to the car to get the handles out.
Works much better in front pocket. Could revert to using the fob, should have received 2.
Exactly.... I cant understand an expectation that over 1000hp can be delivered in any car without vibration.... that's not to say it should vibrate under normal condition.
There are much more affordable iron rotor big brake options from Mountain Pass Performance and Racing Brake
That shouldn't be a surprise on a level 2 charger.

My EDD got pushed back the other day from May 6 - May 27 to May 31 - July 12. Then today I got a call asking for my insurance card because they are preparing my delivery profile. They were clear that it didn’t need to include the Tesla on the coverage. This is my first Tesla order. From reading and learning here, I expected the date to bounce around. Does the prep of my delivery profile mean anything?

My EDD got pushed back the other day from May 6 - May 27 to May 31 - July 12. Then today I got a call asking for my insurance card because they are preparing my delivery profile. They were clear that it didn’t need to include the Tesla on the coverage. This is my first Tesla order. From reading and learning here, I expected the date to bounce around. Does the prep of my delivery profile mean anything?
Where is Enola? There is an Enola in PA.
Just trying to track where any cars are going here in the North East.