Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White interior Model S Refresh people. Does it stay as clean as the Model 3/Y interior with the vents in the seats?
I have 1800 miles and a bit less than 3 months on my White interior refresh S, and I can only say the seats still look brand new. I planned to use a non alcohol baby wipe once every couple of days for a 10 second wipedown, but ended up doing a bi weekly wipedown with a damp microfiber. And not even sure THAT has been necessary. All my seating areas/armrest/doorcards, etc still look brand new

Brief update/review of my first (almost) 90 days and 1800 miles with my 2022 Refresh LR S. (for background, Im coming from a 2017 90D)

First, the cons:
- Only one issue thus far: Car isnt consistently shutting down/off when I exit the car. Signs point to an intermittent drivers seat occupancy sensor, but mobile service will diagnose this coming week.
-Despite being promised that my missing trunk privacy cover would be delivered to my home/no ticket needed, I only got one when I opened a ticket.
-Horn button is dumb. (that said, ive used the horn twice 1800 miles)

Pros:
- Acceleration is beyond more than enough. At any speed. I get that its not the plaid, but when you are talking LR acceleration thats on par (or faster) with Ferrari/Lambo/Hellcats? And without hesitation associated with transmissions? And with All wheel drive? Yeah, its sometimes breathtaking. And unlike the prior 90D, the acceleration never drops off. Pulls hard to at least 145mph (fastest Ive gone)
-Interior. Significantly improved materials, quality, etc over the 2017.
-Speed of the MCU. Even better than when I upgraded to MCU2.
-Quietness. Much quieter.
-Suspension.
-Yoke (Yes, after all my whining pre delivery? I like it. A LOT.)

It was so worth the wait from June 2021 when I ordered it. A massive value overall. Everyone else is still catching up to Tesla in the EV space. My opinion? They are at least a couple years behind. Range..acceleration...no "boost" button to get the full HP...no drop off in power once you hit 60 like the Mach E performance GT, because Ford hasnt fully figured out how to manage battery temps at high draw...

Last edited:
I am thinking about adding a rear trunk spoiler to my 2022 MSLR and wanted to know if anyone on TMC has any thoughts or experience with the "Taptes Carbon Fiber Rear Trunk Spoiler for Tesla Model S. I am thinking about going with the "Matte Black" version for $254.

I'd go with the matte, as the sun out here will turn a gloss finish to matte in a few years.

I went with the gloss finish on the $117 spoiler I got on eBay, but I'm not sure there was a matte option. Keep in mind that most of the black trim on the S is glossy. Check the rear lower bumper insert in particular.

Vistan

I have not had to scan my yoke for the horn button - it has always been in the same place. I would contact the SC if your button is moving.
When the wheel turns then the horn button moves. But of course you know that and you were just being funny. But a center located horn doesn’t move, at least not much. So you know exactly where it is. That helps. 😇

I’d like to order one, but not sure which would look better (gloss vs. matte finish).
We have a MSLR White, on order. EDD July-Sept.
any recommendations on which would look better?
I can tell you in a few days once it arrives how it looks . I think Matt is like OEM. Gloss goes more with other black accents on the car.
I ordered Matt and also ordered a Matt diffuser wrap from TWRAPS. I think together they ll look good. I ll report back once I have them both installed.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I can tell you in a few days once it arrives how it looks . I think Matt is like OEM. Gloss goes more with other black accents on the car.
I ordered Matt and also ordered a Matt diffuser wrap from TWRAPS. I think together they ll look good. I ll report back once I have them both installed.
Also there is a video on website where he shows both of them. My wheels will be satin black so Matt made more sense for me.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
How good is the seat ventilation on the refresh?
I recently had to get a rental car and I got a Kia Telluride that had really good seat ventilation. My back was really cool in the hot weather.
Yep, very good. It can be felt very quickly even in the lowest setting. Generally after a couple minutes of the high setting it automatically turns down, but I welcome it doing so because the seat is very cool. Heating is also good.

How good is the seat ventilation on the refresh?
I recently had to get a rental car and I got a Kia Telluride that had really good seat ventilation. My back was really cool in the hot weather.

Mine actually feels cold in hot weather. I love it.

Yep, very good. It can be felt very quickly even in the lowest setting. Generally after a couple minutes of the high setting it automatically turns down, but I welcome it doing so because the seat is very cool. Heating is also good.
Yup. Cools private parts pretty damn quick. :)