Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you're showing off your trailer hitch.

No mods, No PPF, no Posing, no photo special effects, no 21” wheels, no spoiler, medium height, Not even a recent bath.

Still looks pretty good eh?

52104303433_96acfd925c_b_d.jpg

I skipped the front view, it’s loaded with bugs. ;)

Looks great!

2CEF9344-2E3C-45AA-A8EE-DFB0EB17A511.jpeg

First thing I did was pull the covers and wheels. The stock 19" wheels are pretty nice, while the covers are ok but remind me of the 90's...

Imaging the calipers wrapped in red. You can't see them with the covers on however.

For road trips where range is critical, or off road where rocks are abundant, the covers can be installed easily.

The refresh mats are a step above the old S mats. In fact, for now, Ive been using the stock mats and vaccuming them thoroughly once a week or so and I like them. I may eventually get some aftermarket mats but for now, the carpeted ones arent bad at all
I like those 3d ones but didn’t see it on their site for the S refresh just from June 2021 anyone get these for the refresh refresh?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I did some night driving yesterday and WOW the new lights are 1000 times better than the old lights.
IDK how anyone can say otherwise.
This seals the deal for me. I'm selling my P100D and keeping my new LR.
Yup it’s dramatically different! Going from driving at night in my 2021 Plaid to the 2022 is revelatory.

Now, if only we could figure out the weird notches! Not bothersome, but definitely curious!

Attachments

• 69D8390E-188F-4DED-BD0A-389CF2ACD4B5.jpeg
    69D8390E-188F-4DED-BD0A-389CF2ACD4B5.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 96
First thing I did was pull the covers and wheels. The stock 19" wheels are pretty nice, while the covers are ok but remind me of the 90's...

Imaging the calipers wrapped in red. You can't see them with the covers on however.

For road trips where range is critical, or off road where rocks are abundant, the covers can be installed easily.
You have to mod those mud flaps?

Suspension is new, battery cooling is new.
I’d say the car is 60% completely new. 70% on Plaid.
Just because it maintains the same overall look public calls it a mid cycle refresh. It’s far more.
Odd they didn’t refresh the shafts though. How hard can that be to solve. So far no vibration after 2300 miles on my LR.
Also I think keeping the same look helps keep resale value up. For both old and new. People won’t lose a ton of value when they change the look 2 years from now. And older cars still look “up to date” so they get good money. So it’s a win win to not drastically change the look.
So many car manufacturers change the look just for the sake of changing it. Sometimes making it even worse looking.
Spot on... continuous incremental improvement is the key to maintaining the brand value over the long term.

My vibration on my new 2022 Plaid is quite different so far to my 2021 Plaid. It only vibrates now for the first minute or two of driving at around 30-40mph. It even vibrates under regen at these speeds and it’s VERY noticeable through the pedals. Most peculiar. My 2021 had the “normal” vibration at ~40+mph only, 100% of the time after I hit around 1200 miles. Something is different on the newer 2022s as my buddy in NY has a 2022 that behaves like my 2022, and not like my 2021.
I think mine has this. This is my first EV though, so I'm used to all sorts of vibrations. Does your yoke buzz?

Any good floor mats people are getting that fit well on the new refreshes?
MaxPider are pretty nice. You can get them from Amazon or

This is the manufactures site. Note the part number if you want to buy elsewhere.

Recommend not buying from Teslarati.

Still waiting for their cargo mat. Won’t but anything else.

This one hurt. Moved from June 15 - July 6 out to July 25 to September 5. RN1163, Order 1/12/22, S FL, BLK, WHT, 21s, no FSD.
Ordered Oct 21, LR MSM/Wht 19" and have had a EDD July 7-Aug 18 for two months now. I have changed my order 5 times in the last two weeks and it hasn't moved. Wish it would go to Dec - Jan.