Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is just wrong....
Not only did I get texts about delivery day.. last night the rep that called me today to tell me that it’s not here.. texted me asking me to update my insurance to reflect the delivery date last night - then another rep tells me the vin was reassigned on the 9th. Again not mad at the car as I been waiting for how freaking long.. but I have a newborn and twin boys that are 3.. I have to set these things up

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
EF824750-DE64-4385-A12F-2E6C8A412375.jpeg

Was supposed to take delivery of my LR blue model S my delivery date was set for 5pm June 15th.. I get a call 1 hour before delivery that my vin was reassigned and delivery is 2 July 7th. I’m more pissed that you clearly knew and you wait to call me an hour before. The reasoning the vin was reassigned and they didn’t know they just saw a vin. Top grade service here
What a nightmare. I’m terrified of all the possibilities until we actually drive off the lot.

Then a different set of fears set in.

What a joy Tesla is lol

So a few days after taking delivery of my new S Long Range, Rivian reaches out and says my R1T is almost ready 🙃

Anyways, I noticed on my new S the Passenger Airbag OFF indicator never disappears. Is this normal?
On my old S it would appear for ~5 seconds and then disappear if the passenger seat has no weight on it.

Hi everyone. New poster. Just wanted to share my anecdotal experience:

Ordering an MS Plaid, black on black, 21 arachnids on May 2nd. RN1170…

Last night I modified the order to add FSD - I know the controversy but figured, hey it’s a Tesla, why not have it…woke up to a VIN!

NF482…EDD 6/29-7/3

Anything you all recommended I check with Tesla about. Would seem high enough to hopefully have the latest upgrades.

Thanks!
They probably gave you someone elses car once your stepped up to FSD.
1655329724786.png

OK, I picked up my MS this morning. Overall pretty happy with how it went. Highlights are as follows:

1. I was there for almost 2.5 hours doing the paperwork, inspecting the car, getting my phone, keys and fobs setup etc.. I think they were wondering when the hell I was going to leave lol
  2. I used the checklist provided on another thread - whoever came up with this, thank you!
  3. My SA was amazing. Spent well over an hour going through the car with me, answering all of my questions etc. - very lucky not having to just rely on the videos on my ap.
  4. I brought my own knee pads to check the bottom of the car lol. Including the front bumper that was scratched and repaired. I looked like a bit of an idiot sliding along the sides of the car in the showroom looking for issues. But so be it.
  5. My SA helped me set up a service appointment on my ap for the issues found. It's scheduled to go in on Wednesday morning. Hopefully it shouldn't take that long to fix the issues I found. And on the ones I found that were marginal, he agreed with me and helped me take the pictures to attach to the appointment.
So I found the following:
  1. No privacy cover for the back trunk - the SA said they were out of stock; he then went to the back and found one!
  2. No floor mats - they WERE out of stock - but I already have my 3D MaxPider mats (ordered from Amazon last week) that I installed when I get home so I wasn't too worried about it. I will drop by and pick them up at some point.
  3. Small misalignments on the passenger side of the car - frunk and headlight, front and rear doors and tail lights with trunk. Nothing that bad but noticeable when you spend some time looking over the car. The SA's view was that Service should be able to fix them all. He also said this was one of the better MS's he's seen in a while (same thing the Service Manager said).
I also noticed a small wrinkle in the driver seat when I got home - not sure what service can do about that but I'll mention it to them when I drop the car off on Wednesday.

Again, very impressed with the customer service exhibited by the SA today - reminds me of when I picked up my 2016 MS. If only everyone else who works there was like that, the Company would be in much better shape.

Initial thoughts on the drive:

1. I love it;
  2. Yoke will take a little getting used to but I can tell I'm going to love it too. I love the fact that my screen view is unimpeded by a wheel.
  3. The trip to the dealership from home is only 4 miles so I haven't driven it much but the pickup is crazy good. I can tell it's a lot faster than my 2016. I will take it out tomorrow morning on the highway and give it a real whirl ;)
  4. It would be nice to have the tilt screen but super happy I have the car now rather than August which would have been the earliest I probably would have gotten it had I waited. I plan on doing a lot of driving the next couple of months so it's nice to have an amazing new car to do it in when the weather is nice :)
Thanks to everyone on this forum who provided invaluable intel on this entire process. The next step is to sell my old 2016 MS - I have it posted in the For Sale forum if anyone is interested.

And for those of you who have been waiting way longer than me I apologize for "jumping the queue". I just got lucky because someone ahead of me not being able to accept delivery on the exact same configuration. But trust me, it's worth the wait. 👍
Awesome, congratulations. Like the SA said, sounds like you have a nearly perfect Tesla. Now the next steps ... PPF, ceramic coating on seats and window tint. Drive, enjoy and mile as you drive by the gas stations.

So a few days after taking delivery of my new S Long Range, Rivian reaches out and says my R1T is almost ready 🙃

Anyways, I noticed on my new S the Passenger Airbag OFF indicator never disappears. Is this normal?
On my old S it would appear for ~5 seconds and then disappear if the passenger seat has no weight on it.
My Air Bag indicator sometimes stays on indefinitely and some weeks it goes away or doesn’t show up if no one is in the seat. I know it’s kind of annoying to have it always on. ATQ—Another Tesla Quirk.

Hah! I’m hoping that’s not the case as my EDD was coming up…but whether it was a coincidence or not…who knows?! Hence why I highlighted this as my anecdotal experience.
Let's see what $200 Billion Elon is thinking, "I can give this guy a car that has been waiting for months, or I can give this new guy who just ordered yesterday the other guys car and make $12,000 extra profit? hmmm"

I really love that Tesla is still advertising the car as coming with Caraoke. Over a year since these cars started being delivered and that feature is simply not there.

Oh yeah, and this too:

“The front trunk can fit a full-size carry-on suitcase, and the rear seats can fold flat at the press of a button.”

Uh huh. Yeah a press of a button and then manually pulling the seats down. The Model Y’s rear seats fold flat at the press of a button, Tesla! The Model S seats do not.

Faced with a dilemna today. Have a VIN - delivery is scheduled this weekend. Just found out that the vehicle does not have the tilt screen (VIN 477...). I've been told I can release this VIN and wait for the next vehicle to be assigned. I've waited over a year. I'm tempted to continue waiting. Tilt screen doesn't seem like that big of a deal but I'd like to have the most recent enhancements when spending this much on a car.

Faced with a dilemna today. Have a VIN - delivery is scheduled this weekend. Just found out that the vehicle does not have the tilt screen (VIN 477...). I've been told I can release this VIN and wait for the next vehicle to be assigned. I've waited over a year. I'm tempted to continue waiting. Tilt screen doesn't seem like that big of a deal but I'd like to have the most recent enhancements when spending this much on a car.
Releasing the VIN is up to you. You won't miss something you don't have. It's not a big deal to me if my screen doesn't move. I love the car and wouldn't pass on it for anything! The car updates all the time without us knowing what got updated. If you base your decisions off of FOMO when it comes to technology, you'll never be satisfied.