Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh wow, Plaid from china, and no ultrasonics either.

I curious about these pictures. Does Chinese made Model S come with rear spoiler? I thought Refreshed Model S all have chrome out. I am still seeing chrome. I also notice the door is not aligned. So they have the same quality issues. Haha. Chinese who can afford Model S do not park their own car. They let valet do it. So, USS is obsolete there.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I curious about these pictures. Does Chinese made Model S come with rear spoiler? I thought Refreshed Model S all have chrome out. I am still seeing chrome. I also notice the door is not aligned. So they have the same quality issues. Haha. Chinese who can afford Model S do not park their own car. They let valet do it. So, USS is obsolete there.
These are clearly protection strips on the chrome out to prevent damage during transport, just look a bit closer. Also the car is full of sand, clearly not washed after spending some time on the Fremont dirt grounds.. 😂

Tesla is attempting to assign me a 2022 Model S LR for delivery in the next 2 weeks. I have no plans to accept the assignment, and have requested they send me back into the line as the original estimated delivery was February 2023. Delivery 4 months earlier than expected, right before the model year cutoff, and when expecting a child in the next month is no good for me. Lets see how this goes.

Tesla is attempting to assign me a 2022 Model S LR for delivery in the next 2 weeks. I have no plans to accept the assignment, and have requested they send me back into the line as the original estimated delivery was February 2023. Delivery 4 months earlier than expected, right before the model year cutoff, and when expecting a child in the next month is no good for me. Lets see how this goes.
Right now this seems to be what they're doing. If this is your first refusal, Tesla will put your order on hold, give you about 2-3 weeks to click the button "I'm Ready" to accept a car/VIN, if you don't click that button, the order will automatically cancel at the end of that timeframe.

As for me, I'm going to wait until the day before the auto cancel date, then click "I'm Ready" and see what happens. If they assign me a 2023 VIN then I'm golden. If I get a 2022 VIN, then I'll just cancel the order and wait until the 2023 are produced before submitting another order.

Right now this seems to be what they're doing. If this is your first refusal, Tesla will put your order on hold, give you about 2-3 weeks to click the button "I'm Ready" to accept a car/VIN, if you don't click that button, the order will automatically cancel at the end of that timeframe.

As for me, I'm going to wait until the day before the auto cancel date, then click "I'm Ready" and see what happens. If they assign me a 2023 VIN then I'm golden. If I get a 2022 VIN, then I'll just cancel the order and wait until the 2023 are produced before submitting another order.
Looks like I have a month before I hit it on the last day

Attachments

• 806B7BDB-3A50-49BA-9B58-E8BD69EEBE30.jpeg
    806B7BDB-3A50-49BA-9B58-E8BD69EEBE30.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 100
When did you order? I ordered in early August and picking mine up next Tuesday. Currently on train from CA to DC.

As a point of reference:
RN1174, Blue/Black 19" no FSD, SoCal
VIN assigned 9/22, delivery 9/23-9/25, put delivery on hold until 10/8 due to business trip
EDD now 12/16-12/31
Thanks, though I have a feeling both of us may end up with it earlier. Tesla is sure to get a lot of people putting their deliveries on hold when they see they aren't getting a 2023 model in November. Before they assigned me the VIN yesterday I was showing Dec 1 - Jan 26, then it changed to Oct 16 - Oct 25 yesterday, which likely means someone put their car that was enroute to Texas on hold.

When did you order? I ordered in early August and picking mine up next Tuesday. Currently on train from CA to DC.

April, Tesla deprioritized people who want the standard configuration with no extras (LR, white paint, black interior, 19" wheels) to the back of the line. I do have FSD added on the car as well, but they don't count that as an "extra" (which is silly, since its nearly pure profit for them, people were adding it when ordering then removing it to skip to the front of the line.) It was good with me because the estimate (February 2023) is when I wanted a new car. I have also planned on white being the color I choose for my next Tesla even when it cost $2500 for the option, so win win all around.

My car as ordered is $8k cheaper than if I ordered it today, so it is going to take some thought on my part on if I want to cancel the order if they try to assign me a 2022 when I remove the hold mid-November.

Looks like I have a month before I hit it on the last day
You’ll get a few texts and emails saying your order will auto cancel if you don’t click I’m ready before that date. So just click by the day before and you’ll be fine. Or until someone gets a 2023 car. I suspect this year the 2023 will anrrive earlier than last year given the new model 3/Y came about a month earlier than last year already.

Good thing, it probably a reject.

Bad thing, you may get a car without USS.

May have to use human vision to park and summon.