Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 859688 View attachment 859689

The latest Fremont flyover shows a very slow factory, potentially doing maintenance or retooling. With some S and X cars out on the lot with what looks like European license plate holders? Would be great to see if that's really case, meaning the announced December delivery date may by somewhat realistic this time.. #hope 🤞
Likely a bit or both, we are likely to start seeing 2023 model years within the next month. For the last few years they have been making larger updates around the model year switchovers, so makes sense they may be doing some retooling.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Not all of the EU drives RHD. For example, Germany drives on the left side just like the US. So these could easily be EU cars.

Steering wheel still on the wrong side....

ALL of continental Europe is RHT (just like the US). Only island countries that are ex UK colonies are LHT with steering wheel to the right - Cyprus, Ireland and Malta. And and the United Kingdom of course, but it's not the EU anymore.

[moderator edit for clarity]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love

Thoughts? Seems like this goes against their bid for lvl5 autonomy. They would have to put a camera on the front bumper in order to make up for the lost visibility.

Glad I took delivery when I did. Also glad they aren’t planning to switch over vehicles with the hardware to use this system, at least for now.

So now it looks like USS are the next items to get the boot in favor of "more superior" Tesla Vision. 🙄

Model S should see it gone in 2023. Gotta say, glad I got my car with those sensors present but it's getting harder to stay excited about owning a car with a looming threat of a SW update yanking out critical hardware features. I know I know "you can just not install the sw update when it comes duh" .. thats true but sw updates are half the point of this car.

My wife has significant driving anxiety and routinely commented how great the implementation of USS is on Tesla cars that comforts her while driving. Can't wait to tell her this news /s.

So now it looks like USS are the next items to get the boot in favor of "more superior" Tesla Vision. 🙄

Model S should see it gone in 2023. Gotta say, glad I got my car with those sensors present but it's getting harder to stay excited about owning a car with a looming threat of a SW update yanking out critical hardware features. I know I know "you can just not install the sw update when it comes duh" .. thats true but sw updates are half the point of this car.

My wife has significant driving anxiety and routinely commented how great the implementation of USS is on Tesla cars that comforts her while driving. Can't wait to tell her this news /s.
Yeah, I was pretty upset about this new too and not sure what to think. It is kind of like when I took delivery of my Model 3 LR in May 2021 when they first removed the radar and everything was limited. Autosteer limited to 75 and phantom braking every few miles. I will say, Tesla Vision has improved since then, but it’s still not as good as my 2019 Model 3 with the radar was. So I cannot help but feel that Tesla Vision has been two steps back and one step forward. Still waiting on those next few steps forward. Yet FSD Beta seems to be a harbinger of some really nice future features (my safety score will never be good enough to qualify for FSD Beta until it’s rolled out to the entire fleet).
With all of that being said, I’m not going to make any hasty decisions here. I’ll wait for the Model 3’s and Y’s to be delivered without USS and we will see how they do. From my understanding, Autopark, Summons and Smart Summons will all be disabled, and if that’s the case, I will strongly consider removing EAP and perhaps purchase it at a later date. The risk of that being, my date may be pushed to 2023 and then I will certainly take delivery of an S without USS. The furthest date range on my EDD is currently 12/28, and I’m curious to know if Tesla is intending on removing the USS on S/X for vehicles manufactured in the calendar year 2023 or model year 2023, as we know those are two different dates.

Yeah, I was pretty upset about this new too and not sure what to think. It is kind of like when I took delivery of my Model 3 LR in May 2021 when they first removed the radar and everything was limited. Autosteer limited to 75 and phantom braking every few miles. I will say, Tesla Vision has improved since then, but it’s still not as good as my 2019 Model 3 with the radar was. So I cannot help but feel that Tesla Vision has been two steps back and one step forward. Still waiting on those next few steps forward. Yet FSD Beta seems to be a harbinger of some really nice future features (my safety score will never be good enough to qualify for FSD Beta until it’s rolled out to the entire fleet).
With all of that being said, I’m not going to make any hasty decisions here. I’ll wait for the Model 3’s and Y’s to be delivered without USS and we will see how they do. From my understanding, Autopark, Summons and Smart Summons will all be disabled, and if that’s the case, I will strongly consider removing EAP and perhaps purchase it at a later date. The risk of that being, my date may be pushed to 2023 and then I will certainly take delivery of an S without USS. The furthest date range on my EDD is currently 12/28, and I’m curious to know if Tesla is intending on removing the USS on S/X for vehicles manufactured in the calendar year 2023 or model year 2023, as we know those are two different dates.
Model year 2023 started October 1st.

Model year 2023 started October 1st.
That seems early from what I have heard but it makes sense as it falls on the first day of 4Q2022 and there is some lag time between production and delivery, especially in the beginning of the quarter. So right now, it seems most likely that all S/X still be manufactured with USS, and they will be removed “in 2023,” yet in typical fashion, we are not given any clear dates. I will proceed on the premise that it is most likely that all Model S/X manufactured and delivered in 2022, and possibly early 2023, will have still USS’. Thank you.