Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No ultrasonic sensors and a 5mp side repeater
It is unclear if USS have been removed from Model S/X yet. The announcement from Tesla said that the removal on S/X would be happening as follows: We will continue this rollout with Model 3 and Model Y, globally, over the next few months, followed by Model S and Model X in 2023.

It sounds like they don’t actually intend to remove them for a couple more months “in 2023.” There was a single manufacturer owned car seen in China without them, likely produced as a car for regulators to use for verification, but no evidence of this change has been seen yet otherwise. They continued to produce cars with USS after that one showed up. As for the upgraded cameras, on the Tesla discord someone took delivery of a 2022 Model 3 with USS and they had the upgraded cameras. They posted pictures of them to verify. I have no doubt that the newer cameras, however they are different, will be on new 2023s regardless of USS status.

Last edited:
I just got my VIN assigned a few days ago. How long from VIN assignment to when you were able to schedule delivery?
Depends on a lot of variables. If you completed all or most of your tasks, Tesla will start texting you with updates.

I just received my VIN a few days ago and the texts started arriving. Just received one a few minutes ago letting me know that our car just departed Fremont and it’s on its way to the delivery center. That’s when you’ll need to purchase your insurance (3 days prior to 1st delivery day) and make final payment. Our EDD window is 29 Nov - 6 Dec.

Congrats on the VIN! It gets exciting from here!

Depends on a lot of variables. If you completed all or most of your tasks, Tesla will start texting you with updates.

I just received my VIN a few days ago and the texts started arriving. Just received one a few minutes ago letting me know that our car just departed Fremont and it’s on its way to the delivery center. That’s when you’ll need to purchase your insurance (3 days prior to 1st delivery day) and make final payment. Our EDD window is 29 Nov - 6 Dec.

Congrats on the VIN! It gets exciting from here!
Thank you. That's Interesting that my experience has been different from what you described. I get very generic texts telling me to complete the next step. So on Thursday I got a text saying "prepare for your Model S delivery by providing Insurance information." Didn't say anything about the car being on its way.

I'm up in the Seattle area. Hopefully the car will make it up here soon.

Reactions: Beandoc
Has anyone gotten a 2023 Model S delivered yet? I'm picking my 2023 up on Tuesday at the Seattle delivery center. I'll report back as to whether the ultrasonic sensors still exist or not.
I'm really excited for your delivery tomorrow! Hope you have a great experience.

I couldn't help myself. I reached out to Tesla today to see if there would be any way that I would get delivery this week and they said probably not. They said that they're trying to set up a model S/X delivery day for next week. This is in the Bellevue, WA location

Reactions: Beandoc