Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greater than zero chance the '22 year with all the hinges and USS, will be keepers. Who knows what HW4 will bring, and if the new radar and HD cameras is better than USS.

Of course from my sig you might infer I'm biased.

May your front DU never vibrate, and seats stay wrinkle free....
Green says the new HW4 cars will have front and rear bumper cameras. Likely giving the new cars a true 360 view. What is better 360 view or USS? I would take 360 view. FACK.

Reactions: ICUDoc
  • Informative
Reactions: ICUDoc
I had a new MS LR on order with scheduled delivery at the end of March but I decided to take a 2023 demo with 200 miles and $5k off.
I am wondering what I am missing for sure by taking a demo manufactured in December.

I know it has the updated tail lights, motorized, and parking sensors. Besides the potential HW4 and no T logo in the back, what else could I be missing by taking delivery of the 2023 demo and what is the benefit or down side of not having parking sensors?
You are missing the HD cameras, larger brakes, and different badging on the rear. Is that worth $5k? Not sure, maybe? maybe not. I think the benefit of getting one that is on the lot is that we get to look the car over with a fine tooth comb with no feelings of obligation. Not that people should feel obligated, but I think we do at times.

I had a new MS LR on order with scheduled delivery at the end of March but I decided to take a 2023 demo with 200 miles and $5k off.
I am wondering what I am missing for sure by taking a demo manufactured in December.

I know it has the updated tail lights, motorized, and parking sensors. Besides the potential HW4 and no T logo in the back, what else could I be missing by taking delivery of the 2023 demo and what is the benefit or down side of not having parking sensors?

Minor stuff. Like raised silver letters on the black trim bar. Maybe HD cameras.

Take the 5k you saved and invest in an index fund, or if you feel lucky, TSLA...

I have cancelled my order, last week actually, just letting you know as I do appreciate the tracking of these orders and hopefully soon delivery's for the rest of you. I did keep the wall connector that was sent to me and I have also taken delivery of 65' of 4/3 romex and will be installing the future proofed (hopefully) charger anyways. I placed my order as many did because of the price drop in January but am going to sit it out a bit to see what's being delivered. I gave up some money for canceling and for me, that's ok right now. I'm only into the MS plaid for the obvious reasons, for the performance and fun it brings, I did get a drive in one last year. But I'm seriously looking into the Taycan as well for the obvious reasons. I currently have a 911 and a GT350R and dont care much about the gas/electric thing. Hoping to care more in 2023.

Reactions: KingPaul
I have cancelled my order, last week actually, just letting you know as I do appreciate the tracking of these orders and hopefully soon delivery's for the rest of you. I did keep the wall connector that was sent to me and I have also taken delivery of 65' of 4/3 romex and will be installing the future proofed (hopefully) charger anyways. I placed my order as many did because of the price drop in January but am going to sit it out a bit to see what's being delivered. I gave up some money for canceling and for me, that's ok right now. I'm only into the MS plaid for the obvious reasons, for the performance and fun it brings, I did get a drive in one last year. But I'm seriously looking into the Taycan as well for the obvious reasons. I currently have a 911 and a GT350R and dont care much about the gas/electric thing. Hoping to care more in 2023.
But are you a Bucks fan! Get a Plaid. Then maybe the Roadster. Just don’t wait. Before you know it you’ll be my age. 🙃

I can understand this reasoning....but what Im doing is keeping my MSP order and if it arrives prior to March 1 I'll see if it has HW4, if it doesn't I'll walk away as its only $250. If the car comes after March 1 that we should know from the March 1 event if HW4 is coming on the S/X.

Reactions: Duke846 and lowtek
Hmmmm I listed my 22 LR on swapalease a few days ago. It seams someone wants it already. Plan was to get a Plaid or an S580 but I think I will go for the plaid. Not 100% I am still looking. But now this threw a wrench into the system. I really want the swivel center screen, and the matrix lights and the darker rear lights and the extra 400 hp of course :-D. But now this HW4.0. I have FSD now, I will not get it again. So HW4.0 as far as autopilot, I could care less about but that. But if this will have surround view for parking, I will be mad if I don't get it. Also, this update will bring back sensors if I am not mistaken. Mine has sensors, but they are disabled I guess, now I get nonstop fake alarms in stop and go traffic. A real pain. I do want sensors on the next car if that is even possible.

Hmmmm I listed my 22 LR on swapalease a few days ago. It seams someone wants it already. Plan was to get a Plaid or an S580 but I think I will go for the plaid. Not 100% I am still looking. But now this threw a wrench into the system. I really want the swivel center screen, and the matrix lights and the darker rear lights and the extra 400 hp of course :-D. But now this HW4.0. I have FSD now, I will not get it again. So HW4.0 as far as autopilot, I could care less about but that. But if this will have surround view for parking, I will be mad if I don't get it. Also, this update will bring back sensors if I am not mistaken. Mine has sensors, but they are disabled I guess, now I get nonstop fake alarms in stop and go traffic. A real pain. I do want sensors on the next car if that is even possible.
The MB S class has excellent top down view and parking sensors. Not a fan of the MBUX screen on the 580, but the 450+ is very compelling.

I sat in one and I'd thought I'd nav to Reno. Instead of plotting chargers, it simply said, you will not make your destination.

The interior and sunroofs and screens really are great luxury touches if that's what you like.

Reactions: Huncowboy
The MB S class has excellent top down view and parking sensors. Not a fan of the MBUX screen on the 580, but the 450+ is very compelling.

I sat in one and I'd thought I'd nav to Reno. Instead of plotting chargers, it simply said, you will not make your destination.

The interior and sunroofs and screens really are great luxury touches if that's what you like.
That S is indeed a dream when it comes to interior and luxury. But compared to the MS being an EV it is so not practical. The EQS is plain ugly. That is my problem. Do I want to trade practicality for luxury? It is also not nearly as cool as a Plaid. There is plenty S580s for sale right now nationwide. I will make some calls next week. If I get a good deal I might go for it. The Plaid is cool and practical. The S580 is luxury. I thin I will end up with the Plaid. I've reserved my spot and time will tell.

So has anyone taken a 2023 Model S plaid or LR delivery yet? What was your order date and number?

Reactions: HAJM and aerodyne