Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Laddcruzer meant the new ultrasound hinges HW4 (HingeWare4).
Rumoured to have been on all new Model S since Feb12, they allow 360 degree rotation. At last! Musk has been promising since 2012!
Jeez, now i have FOMO+++
The only 360 rotation I've discovered is when in Track Mode, Full rear bias is enabled. All the rotation you want, and some of it you don't want!

left = old - right = new

061bf21b62d188cafce2b26df5f4cb44c388724e_2_690x212.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ICUDoc
You’re a fraud when you put big fake brake covers on a car That obviously has weak brakes. You can dislike all you want, it’s definitely a little shady.
I don't know why everyone is surprised by this, every Plaid has had the same style of 'fake' rear calipers as recent build MYPs but painted black instead of red. It's been a sliding Mando caliper with a cover plate this whole time - except now the cover is larger. Disappointing for sure but nothing new. The pre refresh cars were the last with a true Brembo rear caliper and separate epb.

I don't know why everyone is surprised by this, every Plaid has had the same style of 'fake' rear calipers as recent build MYPs but painted black instead of red. It's been a sliding Mando caliper with a cover plate this whole time - except now the cover is larger. Disappointing for sure but nothing new. The pre refresh cars were the last with a true Brembo rear caliper and separate epb.
Because when I ordered my Plaid the car said
Maybe because of this? It is what I originally ordered.

Attachments

• 3031693F-7197-47FC-991D-FD6FF63E9069.png
    3031693F-7197-47FC-991D-FD6FF63E9069.png
    503.4 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: Aleks0404
For me its going to come down to whether or not the 2023 has HW4. Sounds like it will. My 21 Plaid has 12K miles and trade in is $79K. Its a huge hit from what I paid in late 2021 but its not going to get better from here so I either take it now or later. The round wheel, better lights, etc. is interesting but without HW4 I'll delay the hit. The other consideration is loss of USS. Our 23 MYP does not have it and its really only an issue on the front since there is not camera. Perhaps the new front cameras in HW4 will alleviate that.

At this point, my order is Feb 24 to Mar 17 which I expect will be closer to the later. Still time to decide as more info roles out.

I'm back with a message for all you Plaid owners out there - hold on to your seats (literally)! I know the temptation to upgrade to the newest and shiniest model is strong, but trust me, there's something even better and faster coming down the road.

So let's sit tight and wait for the next generation of Tesla goodness to arrive. The only reason to upgrade is if they change the drivetrain, chassis components, or significant car body changes. Forget about the HW4, USS nonsense.

Until then, keep charging and keep cruising, my fellow Tesla enthusiasts!

I'm back with a message for all you Plaid owners out there - hold on to your seats (literally)! I know the temptation to upgrade to the newest and shiniest model is strong, but trust me, there's something even better and faster coming down the road.

So let's sit tight and wait for the next generation of Tesla goodness to arrive. The only reason to upgrade is if they change the drivetrain, chassis components, or significant car body changes. Forget about the HW4, USS nonsense.

Until then, keep charging and keep cruising, my fellow Tesla enthusiasts!
There's always something better coming, you'll be waiting indefinitely.

What's your source and info? Otherwise, you're just trolling ...

Reactions: AMPd and whenryb
Potential theories:

1.) These new S/X are going to get the updated, wider angle cameras and HW4. They will not get the additional cameras. My suspicion is that only the Cybertruck will. In fact, we’ve even seen the Cybertruck with the camera in the front bumper. These extra camera ports on the HW4 module won’t be used on the S/X.

OR:

2.) New camera angles on the S/X but no HW4. Elon said HW4 would first come to Cybertruck so maybe this is one of those occasions where he wasn’t talking nonsense. Maybe even a retrofit for existing owners is possible…

Anyway, that’s my take. Pretty sure one of these is correct. 😉

Reactions: VikH and Duke846
There's always something better coming, you'll be waiting indefinitely.

What's your source and info? Otherwise, you're just trolling ...
Hey, congrats on your new P2 Model! Regarding the brake covers and HW 3.5, if you're satisfied with those upgrades, then go for it mate. It's a personal decision at the end of the day. Me personally, I might hold out for some of the newer upgrades on the horizon, but that's just my preference. Either way, enjoy your ride, and happy driving.

will follow up with you in the next couple of weeks or months :)

Do you trust me yet?
Don't take this the wrong way as I'm not bothered who is right and who is wrong, this is the lay of the land....You repeatedly stated that the currently in-production/delivering model S & X would NOT have HW4...but greentheonly states that they definitely do in fact have HW4...so I suppose we'll find out over the next day or two who has reliable information and who does not.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I get mine on Wednesday morning. My SC is 3 hours away. I have the VIN, but it doesn’t show a build date. My understanding is that info is in the door jamb. Can’t get my SC on the phone. Other than drive the 3 hours to see at delivery, is there a way to know build date?
Hi KingPaul. Have you received your car, yet? If so, how is it? Any updates related to the HW4 discussion going on? One last question, what type of tires come with the 19" wheels? Summer, all season? Thanks in advance and best of luck.

Reactions: KingPaul
Don't take this the wrong way as I'm not bothered who is right and who is wrong, this is the lay of the land....You repeatedly stated that the currently in-production/delivering model S & X would NOT have HW4...but greentheonly states that they definitely do in fact have HW4...so I suppose we'll find out over the next day or two who has reliable information and who does not.
Green isn’t always right, mind. We’ll see soon enough.

Hi KingPaul. Have you received your car, yet? If so, how is it? Any updates related to the HW4 discussion going on? One last question, what type of tires come with the 19" wheels? Summer, all season? Thanks in advance and best of luck.
I'm concerned that since his delivery is earlier than any of us who have the 3 week window. He may not have upgraded HW4 stuff. It's too far from the investor call to have it out in the wild.