Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I refused it because I don’t want it to be the “old” design, one day after I drove it off the lot. If I’m paying $100k for a new car, I want it to be the newest model. Someone on this thread used the term “bastard” model and that’s exactly how I felt. Years ago, I bought a car in October, and in December they released a totally redesigned model of that car and then no one wanted the style that I had. Don’t want to make that mistake again. If I didn’t care, I would pick up one that is a year or 2 old now. If the one I saw today was discounted $10k, I might have considered it.

I refused it because I don’t want it to be the “old” design, one day after I drove it off the lot. If I’m paying $100k for a new car, I want it to be the newest model. Someone on this thread used the term “bastard” model and that’s exactly how I felt. Years ago, I bought a car in October, and in December they released a totally redesigned model of that car and then no one wanted the style that I had. Don’t want to make that mistake again. If I didn’t care, I would pick up one that is a year or 2 old now. If the one I saw today was discounted $10k, I might have considered it.
OK here you go, several in NC, over $10k less than MSRP, marked "demo" with under 50 miles, but you know they're brand new and Tesla is just clearing them out.

OK here you go, several in NC, over $10k less than MSRP, marked "demo" with under 50 miles, but you know they're brand new and Tesla is just clearing them out.

I’m seeing more and more of these “demos” being listed. Like you said they are obviously trying to clear inventory as fast as possible disguised as demos.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Potential theories:

1.) These new S/X are going to get the updated, wider angle cameras and HW4. They will not get the additional cameras. My suspicion is that only the Cybertruck will. In fact, we’ve even seen the Cybertruck with the camera in the front bumper. These extra camera ports on the HW4 module won’t be used on the S/X.

OR:

2.) New camera angles on the S/X but no HW4. Elon said HW4 would first come to Cybertruck so maybe this is one of those occasions where he wasn’t talking nonsense. Maybe even a retrofit for existing owners is possible…

Anyway, that’s my take. Pretty sure one of these is correct. 😉
Boom. Number 2 was right, then. Now let's hope for that retrofit for the cameras, though I'm not expecting Tesla to do the right thing here.

Not reaaaaally. HWx has always referred to the computer that powers this. It's HW3 with camera updates.
Some cars may have the HW4 ECU but be missing other components. Therefore, I refer to these cars as HW3.5. While I am aware that 3.5 is not an official designation, it is simply a way to distinguish this specific batch of cars until they are upgraded to the full HW4 specification. It is expected that the S/X models will eventually be equipped with the complete HW4 system.

Some cars may have the HW4 ECU but be missing other components. Therefore, I refer to these cars as HW3.5. While I am aware that 3.5 is not an official designation, it is simply a way to distinguish this specific batch of cars until they are upgraded to the full HW4 specification. It is expected that the S/X models will eventually be equipped with the complete HW4 system.
I'm just saying I think it's much less confusing to call it the refresh refresh refresh refresh of the refresh.

Anyone in the Seattle area looking for a white Plaid with the 21" upgrade, now's your time to buy one. These prices are crazy. Again, these are brand new, and not demos (under 50 miles). If Tesla can afford to sell these at this price, their margins have to be insane. This is what... about $35k less than what it was selling for a month ago?

1677173153038.png

Anyone in the Seattle area looking for a white Plaid with the 21" upgrade, now's your time to buy one. These prices are crazy. Again, these are brand new, and not demos (under 50 miles). If Tesla can afford to sell these at this price, their margins have to be insane. This is what... about $35k less than what it was selling for a month ago?

View attachment 910486
Worth noting that you would have to add EAP OR FSD charge on top of this price.