Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Siraj,

Looking sharp! Did you ask TSC to remove the front license bracket - was told they were "not allowed" even though they are useless in Florida.

Just curious....
FYI, my "Refresh" MS LR, delivered April '22 did not have a front plate bracket, but rather the LP frame was stuck on to front with 3m type double sided tape. Took about 60 seconds to remove. :)

Went to see the 6 mile demo S I'm buying yesterday....person running the show was great and left let me and the wife to look all over the car for as long as we wanted, spent about a half hour inside/outside. Still has all the plastic wrap on the screens etc. All checked out except one bit of rubber molding inside the door I had to put into it's proper place. Really pleased with the additional discount on top of January's discounts - makes it a no brainer of a purchase. Going to pay later this week after 3/1 and pickup at the end of the week. Should be a very nice car for both around town for wifey and for long journeys for me.

Front license paint frame is indeed glued on, looks like a few minutes to remove which I will be doing when I get it home as front end not really made for one.

BTW, there was one "HW4" car there, a white X. It had a LOT of imperfections on the paint. Rear badging raised which surprised me, looks nice though. No USS, no bumper cams as we have all been told, didn't spend more than a couple minutes looking it over.

L
Went to see the 6 mile demo S I'm buying yesterday....person running the show was great and left let me and the wife to look all over the car for as long as we wanted, spent about a half hour inside/outside. Still has all the plastic wrap on the screens etc. All checked out except one bit of rubber molding inside the door I had to put into it's proper place. Really pleased with the additional discount on top of January's discounts - makes it a no brainer of a purchase. Going to pay later this week after 3/1 and pickup at the end of the week. Should be a very nice car for both around town for wifey and for long journeys for me.

Front license paint frame is indeed glued on, looks like a few minutes to remove which I will be doing when I get it home as front end not really made for one.

BTW, there was one "HW4" car there, a white X. It had a LOT of imperfections on the paint. Rear badging raised which surprised me, looks nice though. No USS, no bumper cams as we have all been told, didn't spend more than a couple minutes looking it over.
Pictures of the HW4 car?

Not sure if the changes like the removed "T" logo, raised silver word art on the rear trim bar, and removed USS are tied to HW4.

Interesting they let you look at the car and pick up later.

May your drive shafts never vibrate, and seats remain wrinkle free.

Reactions: Nickos
Not sure if the changes like the removed "T" logo, raised silver word art on the rear trim bar, and removed USS are tied to HW4.

Interesting they let you look at the car and pick up later.

May your drive shafts never vibrate, and seats remain wrinkle free.

Seats are indeed wrinkle free :) But there are two shallow pinkie sized scrapes under the front bumper. Same on it's twin car that was parked next door. Classic Tesla, but for a five figure "demo" discount I'm fine with it. They said I could note to get fixed, not sure I'll bother.

But yup the dude was super cool - great experience and feel v confident taking the car....obviously praying on the drive shafts tho

I took a picture of the new Xs VIN. I won't show up like very other VIN so there has to be something going on with it....

Reactions: cwanja
L

Pictures of the HW4 car?
This is only one I took other than the Vin pic. Cameras looked v similar to current setup. Maybe it isn't HW4, but it's definitely a 2023 year of build car that can't be sold until 3/1...will find out soon if they are HW4/3.5/3

Attachments

• IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    844 KB · Views: 168
This is only one I took other than the Vin pic. Cameras looked v similar to current setup. Maybe it isn't HW4, but it's definitely a 2023 year of build car that can't be sold until 3/1...will find out soon if they are HW4/3.5/3
The back/ light looks like a demo I picked up 9 days ago, other than the T. The new ones the bar does not extend that far into the lights

Attachments

• 20230218_130318.jpg
    20230218_130318.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 118
Cheapest demo Plaid (new $100k) and LR (400 miles $82k) in the US. Crazy discounts!

Cheapest demo Plaid (new $100k) and LR (400 miles $82k) in the US. Crazy discounts!

This car can only be registered in NV, UT

Reactions: Nickos
So the anticipation is that Model Ss we are waiting for will come with HW4 but still with the 8 cameras, rather than the increased count, that the hw4 can handle.

Regarding the possibility of Tesla eventually retrofitting our cars with the additional cameras; what are your thoughts on who would potentially qualify for the retrofit? Buyers who purchased FSD only, or also EAP?

Regarding the possibility of Tesla eventually retrofitting our cars with the additional cameras; what are your thoughts on who would potentially qualify for the retrofit? Buyers who purchased FSD only, or also EAP?
My guess is nobody will get retrofits of additional cameras. Those extra inputs might only be used for the Cybertruck and/or Semi.

Thanks for the replies. Cybertruck and Semi use of extra cameras makes sense, which I didn’t think of. Still, though, curious to see how, especially forward parking with vision only of the windshield cameras will work. While creeping forward, the object will eventually be out of cameras’ view.

Thanks for the replies. Cybertruck and Semi use of extra cameras makes sense, which I didn’t think of. Still, though, curious to see how, especially forward parking with vision only of the windshield cameras will work. While creeping forward, the object will eventually be out of cameras’ view.
They are likely banking on determining that ahead of the blind spot and simulating the USS rings on the display along with carefully timed audio chimes … should work

Last edited: