Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, but that is not new. Original deliveries have the same. Including my 11/21 delivery.

Confirmed on my 5/22. Glass one piece from IC. He made me look!

Sounds like the only things new this month that are not upgradable/ changeable on the old cars are trim bar and silver letters, clearer roof glass and better HD cameras, but for less than I paid 18 months ago.

Not including AP4 or HW 4 because all it means now is reduced ability to auto park and summon.

Fingers crossed the above works out, but I think this was a good time to buy.

Expect prices to rise next quarter.

Reactions: _panda
The car is on 2023.2.201

Issues so far:
  • Driver Profile issue: It shows my "Tesla Profile", I click setup and set it all up. later it loses this setup and acts like it needs setup all over. I created a Manual profile for now. This is odd. and I've rebooted a few time
I’m having the same exact problem; it auto puts in your phone “key” as a profile; but every time i get in, it revets to something else. Thought it was just me (i read the manual cover to cover but i guess i will have to revisit.

Reactions: momoz74
I pointed this out also on my new S from 2 days ago. Again, my sales associate online told me this is planned for future use; apparently it is a “screen” and will have information that will show up (or maybe disco colors!?) in the near future. Was interested to hear if pre refresh had this. I had to peel back a screen protector that was on this at delivery that was left on.

Windshield glass seems poor. at Sunrise this morning, driving with the sun hitting certain angles, the windshield looked like it had wax residue. Got home and vinegar water blend didn't really help it too much.. Did take off wax/wash overspray that the delivery center must have used, but there is still some awkward haze almost like a lightly sandblasted look at certain angles in the sun. Wiped down the inside and outside a few times but it certainly is not optically clear like a new car should be.
Try regular old school windex and newspaper, this got it all off mine (assuming it's not a defect in the glass) but what you're describing is what I had when I first got my S.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Try regular old school windex and newspaper, this got it all off mine (assuming it's not a defect in the glass) but what you're describing is what I had when I first got my S.
Thx,
I've read a ton of posts here and I believe it to be the "scum" clear coat overspray. I've done the razor method in one area and certainly cleaned some of it up. Ordered glass polish to get it all off. Standard water spot / eraser / vinegar tricks do not work at all.

• Informative
Picked up this morning in Palm Springs,CA. , Now at PPF and window tint shop. Couldn't find any problems. Yes it has all the new stuff, HW4, Roof glass, tilting screen, new cameras, matrix headlights and even (rear Fog?) lights. Asked about the 10,000 mile super charge credit- they said it will show up in the Loot Box in April.

2023Plaid.jpg

Picked up this morning in Palm Springs,CA. , Now at PPF and window tint shop. Couldn't find any problems. Yes it has all the new stuff, HW4, Roof glass, tilting screen, new cameras, matrix headlights and even (rear Fog?) lights. Asked about the 10,000 mile super charge credit- they said it will show up in the Loot Box in April.

View attachment 923519

Can you take pic of roof from inside?

Reactions: CaptUAL
Picked up my 23 White/Blk Plaid (March 11 build) yesterday. Traded in my 21 Plaid (Oct 21 build) with 12K miles. Trade it was Red which I did not order at the time but became available in Dec 21. Trade in value was $79K which was obviously a massive hit but I did not see any upside in the future with it being essentially two refreshes behind. Round wheel this time. Yoke was neat at first but not ideal from all driving situations. My impressions of the new car:
  • I rejected the first VIN because it arrived with a flat right rear tire and wheel damage. Alignment was also off so clearly took a hit to the rear suspension. Took two weeks to get a replacement. Kudos to the Nashville service team. They locked my trade in value which went beyond the 30 days. Communication was great all through the process.
  • Overall build quality is quite good. Far better than my 21 which had to have the front bumper replaced and still was not right.
  • Round wheel is better than the yoke but is larger compared to the model 3 wheel. 14.75" vs 14". Also not as thick from a grip standpoint.
  • Has the new roof glass, much brighter than my 21.
  • Love the tilting screen
  • Headlights are massive difference. This alone might have been worth the trade. The non matrix lights on the 21 were a joke.
  • Red calipers are nice but brakes are the same so who really cares. Brakes feel the same cruising around town. Haven't had a chance to test out the "high temp" brake pads..lol.
  • Tail light alignment is good.
  • Overall paint quality is typical Tesla. A few rough spots but I will be wrapping the entire car in Matte Xpel next week.
  • Will miss USS but as stated in a previous post, we have a 23 Model Y non USS that got the Vision update. Once the S gets the update it will be sufficient for my purposes since I don't park in tight spots very often.
  • Removed the 19 in wheels and put my 20 in Forgestars on. Looks good on the White IMO. I have not installed the lowering links yet. Also, blacked out the front Tesla "T."
A couple of phone pics.

IMG_0071.jpeg

IMG_0078 2.jpg

Picked up my 23 White/Blk Plaid (March 11 build) yesterday. Traded in my 21 Plaid (Oct 21 build) with 12K miles. Trade it was Red which I did not order at the time but became available in Dec 21. Trade in value was $79K which was obviously a massive hit but I did not see any upside in the future with it being essentially two refreshes behind. Round wheel this time. Yoke was neat at first but not ideal from all driving situations. My impressions of the new car:
  • I rejected the first VIN because it arrived with a flat right rear tire and wheel damage. Alignment was also off so clearly took a hit to the rear suspension. Took two weeks to get a replacement. Kudos to the Nashville service team. They locked my trade in value which went beyond the 30 days. Communication was great all through the process.
  • Overall build quality is quite good. Far better than my 21 which had to have the front bumper replaced and still was not right.
  • Round wheel is better than the yoke but is larger compared to the model 3 wheel. 14.75" vs 14". Also not as thick from a grip standpoint.
  • Has the new roof glass, much brighter than my 21.
  • Love the tilting screen
  • Headlights are massive difference. This alone might have been worth the trade. The non matrix lights on the 21 were a joke.
  • Red calipers are nice but brakes are the same so who really cares. Brakes feel the same cruising around town. Haven't had a chance to test out the "high temp" brake pads..lol.
  • Tail light alignment is good.
  • Overall paint quality is typical Tesla. A few rough spots but I will be wrapping the entire car in Matte Xpel next week.
  • Will miss USS but as stated in a previous post, we have a 23 Model Y non USS that got the Vision update. Once the S gets the update it will be sufficient for my purposes since I don't park in tight spots very often.
  • Removed the 19 in wheels and put my 20 in Forgestars on. Looks good on the White IMO. I have not installed the lowering links yet. Also, blacked out the front Tesla "T."
A couple of phone pics.

View attachment 923595

View attachment 923597
BUT, IS IT FASTER AND DOES IT LOOK MUCH DIFFERENT? SEEMS THERE IS A MAJOR FOMO FACTOR HERE. OF COURSE IF I COULD AFFORD IT I WOULD PROBABLY GRAB A NEW REFRESH.5 TOO. BUT THEN THERE’S REFRESH.6. THANK GOD I DON’T HAVE A 5 CAR GARAGE. ENJOY YOUR NEWEST BEAUTY.

• Funny
I rejected the first VIN because it arrived with a flat right rear tire and wheel damage. Alignment was also off so clearly took a hit to the rear suspension. Took two weeks to get a replacement. Kudos to the Nashville service team. They locked my trade in value which went beyond the 30 days. Communication was great all through the process.
Did they tell you about the damage or did you bring it to their attention?

View attachment 923519
omg the colour is absolutely gorgeous!!! i might go red instead for my upcoming MX's paint job.

• Love
Reactions: CaptUAL
BUT, IS IT FASTER AND DOES IT LOOK MUCH DIFFERENT? SEEMS THERE IS A MAJOR FOMO FACTOR HERE. OF COURSE IF I COULD AFFORD IT I WOULD PROBABLY GRAB A NEW REFRESH.5 TOO. BUT THEN THERE’S REFRESH.6. THANK GOD I DON’T HAVE A 5 CAR GARAGE. ENJOY YOUR NEWEST BEAUTY.
No yelling in here....not about the looks in my book but about the experience. Experience of the new car is worth the swap.

Did they tell you about the damage or did you bring it to their attention?
I've purchased a few Teslas over the last 18 months. Have figured out that the car arrives a day or two before the scheduled delivery date. I'll take a stroll down to the center to check the car out when I expect it to arrive. In this case, I spotted the car two days before my delivery date. Had a look and noted the flat tire and wheel damage. Proactively texted order support and noted this was an issue. They committed to fixing it. After some back and forth it turned out that alignment was off and they tried to blame tire issues. I called BS and said tires don't cause alignment issues and rejected. They were totally cool about it and had a new VIN for me before I left my original delivery appt. No issue for me. *sugar* happens. Always question and if your gut says bail, then bail.

Last edited: