Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Picked up my MSP on April 22, and cannot (ok, will not) complain about the quality, etc. Delivery was a bit chaotic, but I drove it off the SC lot.

But since then, I have also driven it on the SC lot again - three times so far (less than 800 miles). The GPS stops updating, so no Nav. At least this time the SC has a visual confirmation.

Anyone else have GPS issues?

Update: Picked up my MSP on April 22, and cannot (ok, will not) complain about the quality, etc. Delivery was a bit chaotic, but I drove it off the SC lot.

But since then, I have also driven it on the SC lot again - three times so far (less than 800 miles). The GPS stops updating, so no Nav. At least this time the SC has a visual confirmation.

Anyone else have GPS issues?

Try the issues thread, they need some new fodder.

😁

IIRC, there may be a defective antenna to blame.

If I was to buy my exact Plaid today, (MSM, Arachnids, Cream, Carbon Fiber) it would be $21,100 cheaper and have all the upgrades since I purchased it in July, 2021. Yeah, I would like to have a better brake package, I’m OK with the taillights, cameras, etc but the dollar savings kind of gets to me. Fortunately my car has had no issues and I love to drive it everyday. Yes, beyond Ludicrous for sure.

So I need some help.

I purchased an existing inventory model s on Saturday through a referral link. There's a bonus going on that lets you get another thousand off and fsd for 3 months. After booking it the order sheet doesn't show the 1k off.

So I contacted Tesla the next day and they said that it would somehow show up in my loot box and told me to finish up the financing, it didn't make sense for it to be in the loot box but I said okay.

It didn't show up in the loot box today, so I called Tesla this morning and they said they saw the referral bonus and they would make the change today by 4pm. So I waited until 4pm and it didn't update in the app when it's asking for final payment, so I called again. This time they're telling me that it should be updated in the final paperwork that you get 24 hours before delivery.

So I got 3 different stories. Then today a couple said that they had the 1k come off their I initial order agreement. Any suggestions on what I should do?

So I need some help.

I purchased an existing inventory model s on Saturday through a referral link. There's a bonus going on that lets you get another thousand off and fsd for 3 months. After booking it the order sheet doesn't show the 1k off.

So I contacted Tesla the next day and they said that it would somehow show up in my loot box and told me to finish up the financing, it didn't make sense for it to be in the loot box but I said okay.

It didn't show up in the loot box today, so I called Tesla this morning and they said they saw the referral bonus and they would make the change today by 4pm. So I waited until 4pm and it didn't update in the app when it's asking for final payment, so I called again. This time they're telling me that it should be updated in the final paperwork that you get 24 hours before delivery.

So I got 3 different stories. Then today a couple said that they had the 1k come off their I initial order agreement. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Keep at it. Make screen grabs of all your texts and communications through the App.

It's annoying, but good practice for when you have no alternative but to go to Service.

So I need some help.

Tesla's referral program is a mess. My wife and I raved on about our experience with 2 Teslas that our friend bought one through our link. We get the emails that show she bought it, nothing in our loot box. Several emails and calls--nothing. She has taken delivery over a month ago.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Had no choice but to order as soon as i got confirmation that Tesla was going to repurchase the Lemon! So yeah i'm hoping for 10 days but yeah seems unlikely.

Also how will I know if i'm getting a reject by checking the build date?

How do you check inventory for cars in SoCal?

Thanks!
Same problem with my 2023 MYP. Was feeling a draft anytime a large vehicle passed by me also. Took it to the SC where they verified the concern and attempted to adjust the doors. All they did was make my doors crooked and look terrible and the air leak got worse. Took it back again and they ended up having it for 2 months. Once I picked it up the second time it was still not fixed and the doors were now so crooked the car looked like it was in an accident. They ultimately offered to repurchase the vehicle.

Don’t let the Tesla cultists try to tell
You these are minor issues and try to back up a company selling defective cars. There’s no excuse for a $50k+ vehicle to have cold air drafting through when a car passes you on the freeway. Complete bs.
Hi may I ask how your repurchase went? I got offered a repurchase. They offered a repurchase for the full amount but are taking forever to get the process started. Were you able to hold onto the original car until the new car came? Im being told by an advisor at the service center that I can order a new vehicle and they will arrange it so I drop off the vehicle and pick up the new one that day or the next day. The manager at that service center is saying I have to surrender the vehicle and wait four weeks for them to mail me a refund check and the new vehicle order will be separate. I paid for the vehicle full in cash and feel it’s ridiculous for them to expect me to go a month without a vehicle or the refund money.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
So far so good. Placed an order (with referral link) for an Inventory Model S (long range), Everything was properly accounted for in terms of pricing. Estimated delivery is next week...assuming delivery is next week then then 3 years unlimited supercharging should also be included. After delivery I will check with my referrer to make sure he gets the expected credits.

Process smooth so far...but this should be the easy part.

Last edited:
Reactions: ICUDoc and Mayer
So far so good. Placed an order (with referral link) for an Inventory Model S (long range), Everything was properly accounted for in terms of pricing. Estimated delivery is next week...assuming delivery is next week then then 3 years unlimited supercharging should also be included. After delivery I will check with my referrer to make sure he gets the expected credits.

Process smooth so far...but this should be the easy part.
Do yo have to enter the referral link as you place the delivery or can you enter after you place the order? Guessing the first route only works.

Do yo have to enter the referral link as you place the delivery or can you enter after you place the order? Guessing the first route only works.
You have to start the process by clicking on the referral link fist. Then click on the order link from the referral page. If you begin by placing the order, there is no opportunity to "add the referral".

As you place the order there is a message that confirms the referral:
1687437104285.png

In addition, the final invoice shows the reduction in price ($1,000) in this case, as a separate line item.

Reactions: DBV1
Just took delivery yesterday of a 5/18 build Ultra Red Plaid with white interior. No significant defects found at delivery. Even the tail lights line up perfectly. The only thing not perfect is that the hatch lid seems to be recessed forwards (towards the front of the car) by about 1/4", and not the same on each side.

I got an $8500 discount (the recent $7500 discount on inventory plus $1000 discount for using my own referral code). I paid less for my Plaid than I paid for my 2017 Model S 100D. Placed the order Monday morning and picked it up on Wednesday.

Damn! This think is a rocket—fast as lightning.

Now to get my 6 years of unlimited Supercharging when I transfer it from my previous 2017 Model S...

Nice. I placed my order yesterday (Wed), and hoping to take delivery next week (per the delivery estimate) so I can still get the 3 yrs Free Supercharging. I wish there was a way to track location of VINs.

Are you going to get the hatch adjusted?