Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since you ordered rather than taking an inventory vehicle, did you choose not to take advantage of the $7,500 off inventory vehicles through June?
I wanted factory fresh and specific specs that I couldn’t find. Build date was 6/7. I got $1000 loyalty credit without asking. They’ve sent confirmation of 3 years free SC but waiting on my +3 more FSC for loyalty trade.

Nice. I placed my order yesterday (Wed), and hoping to take delivery next week (per the delivery estimate) so I can still get the 3 yrs Free Supercharging. I wish there was a way to track location of VINs.

Are you going to get the hatch adjusted?
Good luck with that fast of a turn around. I placed my model s order on May 27th and I’m still waiting for my vin. Originally was a few week delivery window, but that window has just been pushed forward by a day everyday since June 6.

So far so good. Placed an order (with referral link) for an Inventory Model S (standard), Everything was properly accounted for in terms of pricing. Estimated delivery is next week...assuming it delivery is next week then then 3 years unlimited supercharing should also be included.

Process smooth so far...but this should be the
Good luck with that fast of a turn around. I placed my model s order on May 27th and I’m still waiting for my vin. Originally was a few week delivery window, but that window has just been pushed forward by a day everyday since June 6.
I wonder whether corporate can count as “sales” orders placed but have not yet delivered?

If not, I’m sure Tesla is working to have every order fulfilled by the end of the quarter, 6/30.

My ETA is Tuesday for vehicle supposedly in transit yesterday from California to Philadelphia.

Anyone know if corporate is permitted to count an “order” with non-refundable deposit as a “sale” for its quarterly sales report?

This was an "inventory" order so I already have a VIN. It's just a matter of whether or not the produced vehicle makes it to the dealer in time. The estimated delivery is in fact next week...but don't know how accurate those estimates usually are.

No, they do not.
That is correct. To clarify, typical manufacturers technically "sell" ("deliver") the vehicle to auto dealers. So legacy car dealers count their cars as "delivered" once it hits the dealer. (At that point, the dealer owns the car...no longer the manufacturer.)

However, Tesla does not sell to their dealers...only direct to customers. So for Tesla, a vehicle is not considered delivered until it is delivered to the actual customer.

Reactions: Mayer and MP3Mike
That is correct. To clarify, typical manufacturers technically "sell" ("deliver") the vehicle to auto dealers. So legacy car dealers count their cars as "delivered" once it hits the dealer. (At that point, the dealer owns the car...no longer the manufacturer.)

However, Tesla does not sell to their dealers...only direct to customers. So for Tesla, a vehicle is not considered delivered until it is delivered to the actual customer.
So there is a high level of confidence that vehicles ordered within the past week should be delivered before the end of June.

Interestingly, I was able to purchase an inventory vehicle through a sales associate that was not actually within inventory, but was still in California on Tuesday, in transit to Philadelphia. It was the precise options I was pressing the sales associate to locate.
The sales associate was terrific, and I would recommend anybody looking for an inventory vehicle to speak with a sales associate, and press for the options you want. Seems the leverage right now is with the buyer.

Reactions: mm9351
So there is a high level of confidence that vehicles ordered within the past week should be delivered before the end of June.
I would say yes, Tesla will try their best to deliver to the customer by the end of June, so that it counts toward this quarter's numbers.

Whether or not vehicles can technically make whatever physical journey is required in time....we can only guess!

Hi may I ask how your repurchase went? I got offered a repurchase. They offered a repurchase for the full amount but are taking forever to get the process started. Were you able to hold onto the original car until the new car came? Im being told by an advisor at the service center that I can order a new vehicle and they will arrange it so I drop off the vehicle and pick up the new one that day or the next day. The manager at that service center is saying I have to surrender the vehicle and wait four weeks for them to mail me a refund check and the new vehicle order will be separate. I paid for the vehicle full in cash and feel it’s ridiculous for them to expect me to go a month without a vehicle or the refund money.
no way i can sugar coat this but it’s a very very slow process. Took about 2 months for them to agree on a number and then weeks to schedule a surrender, i got to keep the car the whole time but the more you drive it the less money you get back. I surrendered the car June 14th and they said they would send the money to US Bank (who i financed the car through) in 3 weeks so we’ll see what happens.