Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You do have FSD, beta is what you were expecting and that was not what the trial was for.
You are speculating and incorrect; Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon are not available for my AP4 car, even though it purportedly has FSD. So the car doesn't even have EAP. The only features working beyond basic AP are Navigate on Autopilot and Auto Lane Change. Further still, my car has no way to even request FSD beta (option is grayed out).

You are speculating and incorrect; Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon are not available for my AP4 car, even though it purportedly has FSD...
That is correct. However, when you place an order for a car with Vision Only HW4 and order Enhanced Autopilot, you are specifically told that those features are not yet available, and must acknowledge that you understand this before placing the order.

I do not know if you are made aware of those features being unavailable if you order the car without also purchasing EAP. So I can understand if you order a car without EAP, you might expect those features to be available with the FSD trial.

You are speculating and incorrect; Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon are not available for my AP4 car, even though it purportedly has FSD. So the car doesn't even have EAP. The only features working beyond basic AP are Navigate on Autopilot and Auto Lane Change. Further still, my car has no way to even request FSD beta (option is grayed out).
If auto lane changes work, you have FSD. For features that are unavailable, you should contact Tesla service

If auto lane changes work, you have FSD. For features that are unavailable, you should contact Tesla service
That is not correct. Auto lane changes and Navigate on Autopilot are part of "Enhanced Autopilot" and are not part of FSD. To be clear, if your car does not have Enhanced Autopilot, and you subscribe to FSD (free or otherwise), Enhanced Autopilot is included in the subscription.

This is why the subscription to FSD is less ($100/month) if you already have EAP, vs $200/month if you do not.

That is not correct. Auto lane changes and Navigate on Autopilot are part of "Enhanced Autopilot" and are not part of FSD. To be clear, if your car does not have Enhanced Autopilot, and you subscribe to FSD (free or otherwise), Enhanced Autopilot is included in the subscription.

This is why the subscription to FSD is less ($100/month) if you already have EAP, vs $200/month if you do not.
From Tesla’s order page, FSD includes:

1. All functionality of Basic Autopilot and Enhanced Autopilot
  2. Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control
I understand though how all of this is so confusing, especially since most of it is garbage. I have FSD beta on both my cars

From Tesla’s order page, FSD includes:

1. All functionality of Basic Autopilot and Enhanced Autopilot
  2. Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control
I understand though how all of this is so confusing...
Yes, that is correct.

It is not correct to say that "If auto lane changes work, you have FSD."

The bottom line is this:
  • If you have Enhanced Auto Pilot, you will have auto lane changes. Period. FSD does not factor into it.

Last edited:
I picked up my my new MS Sunday in Brooklyn. Drove it right to my parking garage so have not done a real shakedown on it yet. It replaces my 2013 MS that gave me 10 years of faithful service. Some low-speed motor whine and rattles but battery still has virtually all of original rated range. Last week my learner-permit son crunched into the back of an Uber Escalade and got the worst of it. So I'll let the insurance company fix it and then donate to charity.

One interesting data point, the staffer in Brooklyn said 100% of buyers are opting for the round steering wheel, as I did.

One interesting data point, the staffer in Brooklyn said 100% of buyers are opting for the round steering wheel, as I did.

Booooo! After Yoke.jpg

Happy to see that your 2013 MS provided faithful service. I'm hoping to drive mine for a similar 10 years. Best of luck with the new one, and hope your son isn't too rattled!

I’m thinking of placing a custom order for an MSP. What was the turn around time for those of you that did?
I ordered my Model S April 24 and took delivery one week later. I took advantage of the program that gave me 6 years free supercharging by trading in my Model S that had lifetime free supercharging, I’m in Southern California so transportation from Fremont fairly quick. Tesla was anxious to get legacy lifetime free supercharge Models S and X off the road so I assume that helped speed the process. Remember there’s always a push to deliver cars before the quarter end, which is September 30. Depending on your location there may be "inventory cars" that match your specs.

I ordered my Model S April 24 and took delivery one week later. I took advantage of the program that gave me 6 years free supercharging by trading in my Model S that had lifetime free supercharging, I’m in Southern California so transportation from Fremont fairly quick. Tesla was anxious to get legacy lifetime free supercharge Models S and X off the road so I assume that helped speed the process. Remember there’s always a push to deliver cars before the quarter end, which is September 30. Depending on your location there may be "inventory cars" that match your specs.
Thanks for this. I am in So. Cal. as well. I'll likely place an order this weekend. The inventory cars are not my specific specification (white/'gray' on white with 19" and either the yoke or the regular). I do not want the arachnid wheels (easier wear, more frequent flats, worse range).

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
Thanks for this. I am in So. Cal. as well. I'll likely place an order this weekend. The inventory cars are not my specific specification (white/'gray' on white with 19" and either the yoke or the regular). I do not want the arachnid wheels (easier wear, more frequent flats, worse range).
I may order mine today or tomorrow. Bummed that the locality discount is lowered to $500. I also am going to go with the 19” ones, white interior and blue again. I had the 21 inch wheels and enjoyed the handling, but I think the ride may be less pleasurable to my passengers! Also, I am hard on tires regardless! Any other tips on purchasing let me know! I’m in so cal too.

Reactions: Eugene Ash
I may order mine today or tomorrow. Bummed that the locality discount is lowered to $500. I also am going to go with the 19” ones, white interior and blue again. I had the 21 inch wheels and enjoyed the handling, but I think the ride may be less pleasurable to my passengers! Also, I am hard on tires regardless! Any other tips on purchasing let me know! I’m in so cal too.
Well crap...nickeling. I should've ordered earlier. With the $500 off loyalty and the $750 extra for a Yoke - they seem to be trying to get back some margin.

Some people say a sign that they are getting close to discontinuing the car….should we care…no!
Perhaps, but then Teslascope is reporting a refresh in 2024. I don't think they discontinue it - at least anytime soon. It's just been improperly priced for several years, at least the base S. $65-75k is a much better pricing (0-60 speeds aside) when compared to other competitors. The Plaid at $90k is a bargain.

I would also make sure you don’t get an inventory car but rather a new build. I’ve heard that some inventory models were customer rejects due to quality issues. Check the build date with your advisor. Be aware that if you opt for enhanced autopilot, summon and smart summon are not yet available on HW4. I was told "they’re still working on it."

I would also make sure you don’t get an inventory car but rather a new build. I’ve heard that some inventory models were customer rejects due to quality issues. Check the build date with your advisor. Be aware that if you opt for enhanced autopilot, summon and smart summon are not yet available on HW4. I was told "they’re still working on it."
My M3P has EAP. I may upgrade to FSD for $$6k and transfer it over.