Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jut bought a Model S Plaid … “Ultra Red” thinking ahead when selling the car … yeah, I’m always thinking far out ;-) the 21” too which I will sell to a buddy for 4k (got the 500 bucks discount with referral). No FSD, but got 3 months free with referral, no yoke, black interior.

I can’t control the price seesawing or a redesign in 2024 … the moment is now for me … delivery in September-October 2023.

Attachments

• IMG_9630.jpeg
    IMG_9630.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9624.png
    IMG_9624.png
    545 KB · Views: 62
Jut bought a Model S Plaid … “Ultra Red” thinking ahead when selling the car … yeah, I’m always thinking far out ;-) the 21” too which I will sell to a buddy for 4k (got the 500 bucks discount with referral). No FSD, but got 3 months free with referral, no yoke, black interior.

I can’t control the price seesawing or a redesign in 2024 … the moment is now for me … delivery in September-October 2023.
I hope you are thinking about enjoying the car too and not just about the money aspect. Money is just dollars but your Plaid is life enhancing. Engage !!

Congrats! what wheels will you replace the 21 " wheels with? I almost ordered the Plaid...

Congrats! what wheels will you replace the 21 " wheels with? I almost ordered the Plaid...
Thanks. I haven’t decided yet … I’m accepting suggestions … I came across this company yesterday: 21" Tesla Wheels - Model S Long Range & Plaid (June 2021 - Present)

My buddy is ok if I keep the wheels for a while should I not find something I like. I know the guy since we were 10, bought stuff from each other, including cars and motorcycles, so no urgency, no drama.

Unfortunately No.
what would you get? 2 cards instead? if so, no big deal, I’d use “Watch for Tesla” from my ⌚️ most of the time.

what would you get? 2 cards instead? if so, no big deal, I’d use “Watch for Tesla” from my ⌚️ most of the time.

Yep. Love the watch app. Just used while on a run outside. I have zero use for even the key cards at this point.

• Helpful
Reactions: Eugene Ash
Presumably valets all knows this and no one hands back the key card saying "Sir, sir... we need the car key, not your business card".
You would think … I had my car inspected (NY State) inspection a while ago and handed over the keycard to the guy, he asked “what is this?”, then I said “Is your manager around?” … the manager then told me the guy was new and had never worked on a Tesla, in NY, on Long Island, of all places, where Teslas are everywhere you look; then after that the next guy took the keycard and went to move the car inside the shop, just to going in reverse almost hitting the car parked behind it … after that I just left and took my business elsewhere … 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yooo, bad ass man. Congrats. Give us update once it's delivered.

Did you use Tesla financing or found a better rate? I saw Tesla raised their rates again recently which sucks.

Reactions: racerx2005
Yooo, bad ass man. Congrats. Give us update once it's delivered.

Did you use Tesla financing or found a better rate? I saw Tesla raised their rates again recently which sucks.
It is not TSLA who changes rates, but the banks that TSLA partners for customer convenience. Au contraire, Tesla lowered prices, so that TCO stays the same, despite higher financing charges. However I was able to secure 5.37% rate. Just for reference

Reactions: ginmqi
One interesting data point, the staffer in Brooklyn said 100% of buyers are opting for the round steering wheel, as I did.
I have heard the same from the SA after demo driving a MS this past Saturday, then I placed my MSP order, with steering wheel, late in the afternoon.

The yoke was a compulsory flop, then a $250 flop and now is a $1,000 flop. It’s dangerous and unnatural, some will defend it, but deep down they know it … good luck selling a Tesla with a yoke! it would be just as hard as selling a car with Carfax accident reported.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot