Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, most all Tesla cars in a cold environment like VA will turn on the pumps when you wake the car. Fairly common. Nowhere near as loud as having an Ice ideal to warm up. If it bothers you just precondition the car a few minutes before you leave. It will never be dead silent while circulating the systems. Once you get going it’s a non issue. New tech new sounds.
My M3P spoiled me, it was dead silent when sitting, with the climate off. Of course it was only HW3. I do think the pumps are excessively loud. This is coming from someone that has significant hearing loss. Could be a bad/noisy pump. I appreciate all the feedback. My SC is really good, but Tesla makes changes all the time. Sometimes they are the last to know. Trust, but verify with the community :)

We ordered a MSLR (red/cream), 19” wheels, no yoke on 10/28 and were told delivery would be Nov-Dec. No Vin on it yet.

Since we are transferring FUSC to this car from our 2016 90D, we were concerned about needing to take delivery by the end of the year for that offer, but were told by the SC “not to worry.” They said people who come in at the end of the year hoping to order will be disappointed, but folks in the system now will be fine.

With the announcement of the front camera coming, we have moved from “we want that car yesterday” to “take all the time you need…and throw that camera on there while you are at it!”

So has greentheonly typically been right? Is he some sort of insider? I have heard front bumper cam, updated seats, ambient lighting, and some have said other features from highland.
Until Tesla directly says it, it is nothing more than forum ASsumption and speculation. This forum has Imagined many things all the way to a flying upgrade. Wouldn’t bank on speculation.

VIN Assigned this morning.
MSLR
Stealth Grey
Black Interior
Yoke
21” Wheels
SoCal
Ordered 9/16

Now the BIG QUESTION! Pause for two weeks or take this one. My only hesitation is that if I don’t take this one and I get another VIN later down the road, that could be one that someone has already turned down after their inspection. BUT, two weeks from now could result in a 2024 model year. Decisions Decisions.

Any Advice??

VIN Assigned this morning.
MSLR
Stealth Grey
Black Interior
Yoke
21” Wheels
SoCal
Ordered 9/16

Now the BIG QUESTION! Pause for two weeks or take this one. My only hesitation is that if I don’t take this one and I get another VIN later down the road, that could be one that someone has already turned down after their inspection. BUT, two weeks from now could result in a 2024 model year. Decisions Decisions.

Any Advice??
I'm in a similar boat as you. I'm currently carless since I sold my 2013 MS early, so I'm going to take mine now. I was really hoping for a 2024 VIN, but I don't think it's the end of the world. I'd much rather have the rumored updates (cameras, lighting, etc). I'm still hoping that may might be the case. They made the stealth grey change before the new car year, so fingers crossed there might be some other updates...

Reactions: chukieboy