Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 10/22.
I took delivery today. Very good build quality. A couple of minor scratches (will buff out) and a small misalignment on the fender that they fixed on the spot.

View attachment 990753

Compared to a Midnight Silver Metallic Model S:

View attachment 990754

It's definitively quite a darker and different from the MSM.

View attachment 990759

The car had 10 miles on the odometer. I didn't check its birth date yet.
If you don’t mind me asking, mine is due in a couple weeks and I don’t want a black car. I like my existing MSM. Is it gray or is it black? Every photo or rendering looks black. Thank you!

If you don’t mind me asking, mine is due in a couple weeks and I don’t want a black car. I like my existing MSM. Is it gray or is it black? Every photo or rendering looks black. Thank you!
It really depends on the light it's in. It is not black, but it is noticeably darker that Midnight Silver Metallic. Personally, I love it. I might be able to take some more comparison photos later.

Reactions: Svandevo
Ya. I’m at day 40
Another update:

I go to pick up yesterday...and the fender is better, but still not flush with the bumper. They tell me that's about all the adjustment they can make. I look at the pictures taken - it appears there is still an extra "lip" on the fender where it meets the bumper due to the excess paint issue. They fixed the fender rubbing against the rocker panel. But, on the other side of the car - where there were no issues - there is a deep gouge in the passenger's side rocker panel and paint chips on the bumper. So...the initial issue is STILL not remedied, and now we have damage on the other side of the car. For reference sake, again, I have driven the car 2 miles - to my home from delivery and back to the service center (I live walking distance away). The car came with 15 miles and they have added an additional 15, totaling 32. It was delivered on 9/24. They had the gall to ask me if I wanted to touch it up with touchup paint....I told them to replace the bumper and the rocker panel. Also - they put the plaid badge back on, but it is not in the factory position (a tad lower). My buyback request has not been responded to yet (approaching three weeks since putting it in). This has been rough. My Model 3 had issues at delivery, but they were rectified and relatively quickly and I never received the car back with the service center straight-faced telling me there are no more issues. This is truly pathetic. I'm at a loss. This is four times now. Can I request another service center work on it? I mean the ineptitude here is mind-blowing. The picture on the right is the updated fender - but you can clearly still see the lip. Looking at it head on, it's clear it's not flush if this picture doesn't make it apparent.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    969.5 KB · Views: 32
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: