Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if it's just that left rear quarter panel that has to be pulled in a bit. If you look where I circled in yellow, it looks like that panel is not quite aligned with the line on the tail light. If that gets pulled in a bit, I think it will close that gap and look a lot better.

View attachment 994157
Well the guys did agree that’s truly not in spec, so they’re trying to fix it now. We’ll see how it goes. Otherwise the car looks great

I wonder if it's just that left rear quarter panel that has to be pulled in a bit. If you look where I circled in yellow, it looks like that panel is not quite aligned with the line on the tail light. If that gets pulled in a bit, I think it will close that gap and look a lot better.

View attachment 994157

Service tried to fix a similar gap on my friends delivery. I told her don't let them touch the car.

They broke the roof.

And readjusted trunk so that would not happen again.

Gap worse than before.

I picked up my car a few hours ago.

MSP, Stealth Grey, black interior, Steering wheel, 19s.

Ordered 10/19

I ran through a checklist from here and couldn't find anything wrong with it at all during delivery. All body panels line up, everything in the car seems to work, and the cameras calibrated on the drive home.
1000034450.jpg

Really happy with thr Stealth Grey.

Service tried to fix a similar gap on my friends delivery. I told her don't let them touch the car.

They broke the roof.

And readjusted trunk so that would not happen again.

Gap worse than before.
So just to update - the gap is improved, but still wasn’t perfectly symmetric with the other side. I could probably get it a bit closer if I try tweaking myself. No broken roof.

Otherwise I’m not seeing major issues interior or exterior (though I’m not getting a micrometer out to inspect everything). One issue that became apparent at night was that the headlights were wildly misaimed. Left pointing way too low, and right pointing too far to the left.

One thing most folks don’t seem to know is going into the headlight adjustment menu while in service mode allows horizontal aim to be adjusted (otherwise US cars only allow vertical aim). So I was able to mostly fix that eyeballing it, but will do it more systematically with the tape against a wall etc at a later date. Plan is to drop it off at my PPF guy tomorrow morning. I did notice that the rear fenders appear to have some factory PPF, which will end up being removed for whole body PPF. Some minor marks in the paint that appear to be from where the plastic wrap from the factory clung a little too light and perhaps required some persuasion to be removed. Should easily come out with the paint correction done at time of ppf

Overall I had an okay experience. I knew the reputation of the company and did not go in expecting perfection. They were willing to improve the most egregious issue without my having to push the issue. No issues getting them to do it as a same day service instead of having it done at some point in the future. The staff were overall very courteous.

Car itself drives fantastic. Hard to describe how brutal the acceleration can be. And the suspension is far superior to the Model 3 Performance’s

I picked up my car a few hours ago.

MSP, Stealth Grey, black interior, Steering wheel, 19s.

Ordered 10/19

I ran through a checklist from here and couldn't find anything wrong with it at all during delivery. All body panels line up, everything in the car seems to work, and the cameras calibrated on the drive home.View attachment 994173
Really happy with thr Stealth Grey.
Nice. I picked up mine today with the same config. No issues. Minor window seal they will fix by appointment. Minor 2 scratches were buffed out on the spot. Drove straight to shop for ppf tint and ceramic

Reactions: zoomer0056
So part of the delivery repairs included small scratches on the trunk. I was told they would be buffed out. The SC decided to wet sand the trunk and remove the badge. When I went to pick it up (one of the pick up attempts) they even forgot to put it back on. Yesterday on my third or fourth pickup attempt (I'm losing track), they had it put back on but it's about a quarter inch too low.

Mine is the white car, the gray one is for reference. Probably not the best pic as the gray one looks crooked lol. Mine looks far better in retrospect.
Update 135091823098213....

Ok, so I heard back regarding my buyback request. It was granted. If you recall, I transferred FSD from my Model 3 (FSD I purchased the night before the MSP delivery so I can transfer it over). Tesla says they cannot transfer it to another vehicle but will offer the value of the FSD in the repurchase (I'm assuming that means the full $12k). This is all great but there are some drawbacks. 1). The whole process takes 6-8 weeks, which means I'd likely not be able to complete another purchase for that amount of time. 2.) From early in our talks, I was informed Tesla only gives one goodwill buyback - which seems to be wasted on something that should clearly be remedied easily. 3.) Who knows what happens in 6-8 weeks; prices could shoot back up at the beginning of 2024. 4.) Most importantly, interest rates now are higher than what I paid, which would result in a $3k increase to the overall loan amount. I'm not sure I'm willing to eat $3k if they can eventually fix the situation. 5.) Lastly, 5....what guarantee is there that another one will be in better condition? My 2019 Model 3 had paint issues at delivery that required a repaint. I'm not too sure I will end up with a car that doesn't have any cosmetic issues.

I let them know that my preference is to have it fixed but I wanted to reserve the right to have it bought back if we could not resolve the issue. I also asked them if there is an expiration date on the repurchase offer - I am awaiting to hear back.

I'm hoping my experiences help others in similar circumstances.

Thanks. This is when you are in the driver seat , it comes from central console under the screen. A light hum so you only hear it when it's quite around. I can bet it was totally quite when I got the car and started to do it.
Yes. In the car now. Powered it off on the screen for a few minutes while sitting and it finally stopped after maybe 4 minutes. Heard some noises that started in the seconds before the hum stopped and now everything is silent. Seems like it goes away when the car is sleeping. Maybe try rolling windows down and sentry off and leaving your phone far away then approaching the car after 15 min to see if you can hear it while it’s sleeping. I can’t do that. Just got windows tinted

Reactions: asterothe
Yes. 2 years and it only cost me about $2800 total. It cost me a lot of time, though. 11 trips to the service center...
I am about there with all the rattles and ‘fix one thing, break another’ Tesla is putting me through.

Apparently your headliners will warp within a year or two under heat. And then the headliner will scrape against the roof. Tesla’s fix? Tape the gap.

After fixing that, looks like they broke my drivers side seat pan in the process.

Only Tesla I swear.

I am about there with all the rattles and ‘fix one thing, break another’ Tesla is putting me through.

Apparently your headliners will warp within a year or two under heat. And then the headliner will scrape against the roof. Tesla’s fix? Tape the gap.

After fixing that, looks like they broke my drivers side seat pan in the process.

Only Tesla I swear.
I'm gonna do my best to either fix things myself or with Mobile under my watchful 👀

Self referral, that's like a loyalty bonus ... that's uncharacteristic of Tesla.
Several weeks before I placed the order for my new S LR on 10/20, I had my wife send me a referral from her account. It said I'd be receiving a $500 discount and 3 month FSD trial. When I placed the order, the discount had dropped to $250, but that no longer mattered as the FUSC transfer offer didn't allow for also receiving any other promotional discount. I did get the FSD trial, though.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
So just to update - the gap is improved, but still wasn’t perfectly symmetric with the other side. I could probably get it a bit closer if I try tweaking myself. No broken roof.

Otherwise I’m not seeing major issues interior or exterior (though I’m not getting a micrometer out to inspect everything). One issue that became apparent at night was that the headlights were wildly misaimed. Left pointing way too low, and right pointing too far to the left.

One thing most folks don’t seem to know is going into the headlight adjustment menu while in service mode allows horizontal aim to be adjusted (otherwise US cars only allow vertical aim). So I was able to mostly fix that eyeballing it, but will do it more systematically with the tape against a wall etc at a later date. Plan is to drop it off at my PPF guy tomorrow morning. I did notice that the rear fenders appear to have some factory PPF, which will end up being removed for whole body PPF. Some minor marks in the paint that appear to be from where the plastic wrap from the factory clung a little too light and perhaps required some persuasion to be removed. Should easily come out with the paint correction done at time of ppf

Overall I had an okay experience. I knew the reputation of the company and did not go in expecting perfection. They were willing to improve the most egregious issue without my having to push the issue. No issues getting them to do it as a same day service instead of having it done at some point in the future. The staff were overall very courteous.

Car itself drives fantastic. Hard to describe how brutal the acceleration can be. And the suspension is far superior to the Model 3 Performance’s
Thanks for sharing these details. I'm glad you've got your car and are happy with it. I'm looking forward to taking delivery on Saturday.